girl question

Discussion in 'Stoners Lounge' started by check., Jan 21, 2009.

1. check.

check. Senior Member

so i'm new to smoking, ive only smoked like 8 times. so anyway, unless i did the wrong math (i might have been a week off) i was supposed to get my period in the last week of jan. however, i got it sunday, jan 18th. even if i had been a week off, i still should have gotten it like a half a week later. anyway, if i normally count wrong and it comes as a surprise and i dont take advil for 3 days before, i get horrible cramps. but this time, i didnt feel anything. i took 3 advil just in case (it wouldnt have really helped at this point though). i had smoked the day before and the day before that (so friday night and saturday night). it was weird cause i wasn't still high at all, but it still caused me to not feel as much pain.

also, ive noticed, usually my period is heavier the first two days, then sorta consistent the next two days, and then the last (5th) day its really light. it's only the 3rd day and its super light now. its just been way lighter than normal. is this because of the weed? i've been eating more than usual (munchies) and sleeping more too. i dont think i've been very stressed out. so... anyone here know what i'm talking about? i'm not concerned or anything, i'm just wondering cause if its the weed then i'll just smoke more haha gives me more of a reason to smoke.

2. Ducky

Ducky Member

I wouldn't know, I've never bled out of my vagina before.

3. mr.greenxxx

mr.greenxxx Not an Average Bear

4. Startreken

Startreken Marijuana Chef!

I was going to answer this one to the best of my vast knowledge of all things but again not having a period, at least not a regular one, I feel is a reason that I should not answer. I suggest that in order to reply to this post you need to check your balls at the door. Having a pair, I remain silent on the subject.

5. klondike_bar

klondike_bar Senior Member

i also dont bleed, due to having a pair of nuts.

id suggest asking either your doctor or a local walk-in clinic. to my [VERY limited] knowledge, early is likely better than late (or missing-oopsie :p)

6. marksup123

marksup123 I'm a girl!

lol wut.

i've never heard/experienced a change in period due to any illegal drug, especially weed

7. mr.greenxxx

mr.greenxxx Not an Average Bear

I was initially going to say maybe teh weed made her pregnant...

8. marksup123

marksup123 I'm a girl!

haha and now she's going to have little herb babies :p

but i believe she said it came sooner, not later :(

9. Jennifer19

Jennifer19 Senior Member

That’s never happened to me, I would go to the doctors

10. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

You're pregnant.

Get an abortion NOW!!!

11. marksup123

marksup123 I'm a girl!

this thread pobably should have been posted in the women's health forum

12. Startreken

Hummmmm Herb Babies. I could smoke an herb baby.

13. Startreken

No, I get it. She posted here hoping that other stoners of the female set could answer her question like it was a common thing.

There are a lot of factors that can contribute to a change in cycle. Without knowing any other changes in your lifestyle other than weed I could not say with any right or wrong answer that it caused your concern. How about some more details....

Change in diet?
    New living arangements?
    Illness?
    Locatied near a Nuclear Power plant?

Come on tell Doctor Startreken all about it.....

14. Stella_Drives

Stella_Drives Senior Member

I wouldn't worry about it much.
    First off, i'm assuming you are young (20 and under), so having an irregular cycle is really common. Secondly, as Startreken states, you should look more into other factors that are more likely to effect your cycle, like your diet, even changes in the seasons, amount of exercise, if you are hanging around new people (women) you can get thrown off and sync up with their cycles, and a handful of other factors.

I know I have read things linking marijuana use to change in lactation and hormone levels, but this is only with extremely heavy users (multiply times daily for months at a time). So in terms of marijuana use effecting your cycle, I vote no.
    If your irregularities are still bothering you, I would go see your gyno. If you don't want to do that just yet, track your cycles more closely, mark when they start on your calendar then you won't forget. Although most women run on 28 day cycles, its not the same for everyone, your "regular" cycle might be 26 days, or even 34, you just need to watch it closely, see patterns, and you'll soon learn to pinpoint a source when you get thrown off for a few days

15. princess_leia

princess_leia Guest

yeah i dont know about all that because its never affected my period, BUT it does do wonders for those cramps. its always the best medicine.

16. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

Falcon Punch FTW!

17. Startreken

I have got to get stoned with you guys one day. I think I would laugh my ass off.

18. prissbaby

prissbaby creepy

seriously check, don't worry about it

I am 19 and get my period at the weirdest times with the weirdest levels of heavy/light.. and I'm not worried.

I just had my period for a complete 24 hours and now it's gone :eek:

don't stress

19. Mother's Love

Mother's Love Generalist

the lack of cramps can be attributed to the weed, its a fantastic plant. and since stress tends to postpone ovulation (making a period come later) a lack of stress could (im guessing) make it come sooner. i feel less stressed when i smoke, so that would be my guess.
    the heavier/ lighter thing could be linked to an earlier ovulation as well, because the uterine lining would have less time to build up before the egg comes down the tubes. therefore less heavy bleeding.
    you didn't mention if you are on birth control. that can help regulate your cycles if you are nervous. i don't trust any of the new stuff (patch, rings, depo etc) im a BCP kinda girl.

but yes, if you are worried, go to your gyno.

20. dropoutdesigns

dropoutdesigns Member

k since i do not have balls...

yes it's possible the weed is the cause. since you're new to it, it probably confused a bunch of bodily signals. (i wouldn't count on your period being light now either.) pay attention to your body, though, because it could be any number of things - so keep track of your cycle now to avoid further head-scratching, and so you don't miss any signs of something serious. and if you have insurance, go ahead and go to the doctor now.