Getting slightly angry with my hair....

Discussion in 'Dreadlocks' started by sweetdreadlover, May 28, 2006.

1. sweetdreadlover

sweetdreadlover TattooedRainbowGurl

So I have redreadded my hair. They are about 4 inches long in the front and about 2 inches in the back. My big prob is the ones in the back keep trying to 1. go back to regular before dreads hair. and 2. they wont stay down. in fact thets whats pissing me off. my hair wont lay down.my dreads are almost a month old and they keep sticking out. i have tried using a tam or bandana but all that does is mush them down flat against my head and they look deformed until i wash em. i tried putting beads in them to weigh them down with no luck. im at a loss...them sticking up is really pissing me off..i didnt have this problem last time i had dreads, and they were about an inch shorter.any suggestions on what to do?

2. gaum

gaum Elephant Orgy

let em grow

3. sweetdreadlover

well i know that..bid to get them laying down because my sisters wedding is in July and she doesnt want my hair standing up everywhere for her wedding...and i need a solution fast!

4. forest420

forest420 Senior Member

well anytime u get dreads they stick out somewhat. they will deffinitly be laying flatter by july. you cant really do anything i dont think. But i know that after like a week or two and u wash them they will go down. peace~

5. WorldPeace

WorldPeace Senior Member

Use havier beads :p

6. sweetdreadlover

the beads i am using are really havy...but i cant be using beads in every dread, it just looks ridiculous...lol...man i was hoping for a solution that would answer my question before july because my sister is freaking out about it..lol

7. hummblebee

hummblebee hipstertist.

If your sis hates it that much by the time her wedding rolls around, maybe you could tie it back with some kind of pretty scarf or headband or something?

8. sweetdreadlover

i suppose i could but i think im actually going to pretty them up with some dread coils and pretty beads and flowers and stuff...she'll probably like that:)