Getting Pregnant Help

Discussion in 'Women's Forum' started by kyleandcooper710, Apr 4, 2007.

1. kyleandcooper710

kyleandcooper710 Member

I was just wondering about getting pregnant. my husband and i have decided to get pregnant... its been about a yr and a half it seems like if it is not 2 yrs already. i get so sad when my period comes, and it doesnt just come for like 3 days it comes for 2 weeks hardcore. my period is always so screwed up. i have tried birth control.. doesnt work.. any suggestions on getting pregnant any tips? im begging. i just am so depressed about this because when he and i first met when i was 15 i got pregnant but miscarried and now we cant even concieve. thanks

2. shaina

shaina No War Know Peace

3. kyleandcooper710

kyleandcooper710 Member

i have charted MANY times but my period is so crazy sometimes. for like 4 months it will go exactly and then i will miss months and then bleed for 3 weeks HEAVY. im just so lost in this whole mess

4. Loveminx

Loveminx Sports Racer

Def go see a doctor and talk to them about it...

5. sugrmag

sugrmag Uber Nerd

Do you think you could be miscarrying if you miss a few months then bleed heavily??

6. kyleandcooper710

kyleandcooper710 Member

well sometimes i think that i am, like this past period.. man it went on forever and blood clots. but then sometimes i just have normal periods. i dont know what to think. there are just so many possibilities. i am VERY affraid of it being something horrible and then i cant have kids. kids are the world to me.

7. shaina

shaina No War Know Peace

your best bet would be to see a doctor than something is definately wrong and you can't seem to find out what it is on your own. even a local planned parenthood could help you out

8. kyleandcooper710

kyleandcooper710 Member

ya i tried to call me doctor yesterday but she is so hard to get into .. so im gonna try someone else.

9. Clove

Clove Member

yes, get in to a doctor you could have something as simple as a cis on one or both of your overies. this can really mess with your fertility & cycles. But is fixable. good luck!!!
    Huggs,
    Clove

10. andis gal

andis gal Member

you need to find out your most fertile days most ppl count from the 1st day of bleeding count 14 days have sex on the 13 14 15 16 days put 2 pillows under your hips so you are tilltedso sperm runs to the egg

good luck

worked 4 me 4 times:)

andis gal

11. kyleandcooper710

kyleandcooper710 Member

ms. clove,

would a cist on the ovaries make a period go crazy and bleed when it wants to?

12. happy_chick

happy_chick Member

Send you a PM x

13. Modern Hippy

Modern Hippy Member

Get some Damiana for yourself. Then get some Selenium for you and your man. We both started taking Selenium 2 summers ago. It was for detoxing our bodies, but I was pregnant within 2 weeks (after 4.5 years of nothing). Turns out Selenium is a fertility booster for men and women. I found it in the vitamins aisle at Walmart. Damiana I got from my local herb/whole foods store. Good luck!

14. HippyFreek

HippyFreek Vintage Member

How are you charting? Waking temp and cervical fluid both is best as you can see if you're pregnant and your hormone levels are just plummeting (tri-phasic temp change and then sudden plummet and bleeding), or if your body is trying to ovulate but not making it (cervical mucous increase, but never a noticeable temp change). In this way, you can make any fertility treatments more effective, if they are needed. :)

15. sweetdreadlover

sweetdreadlover TattooedRainbowGurl

hmmm..i know how u feel...try finally getting pregnant and then having it ripped out from underneath you

16. flowerpower420

flowerpower420 Member

It can be totally frustrating trying to get pg. We had no troubles conceiving our dd but our other two we had many hurdles, several miscarriages,and a ruptured ectopic in which I lost a fallopian tube. We used clomid for our last two children and it worked very well. It usually takes about 2 cycles of it and I am pg!

Good luck, you can PM me if you have any questions or I can help in any way. I am also an RN and have done a lot of work in women's health and Labor and delivery.

17. sweetdreadlover

sweetdreadlover TattooedRainbowGurl

what exactly is clomid?..i have heard of it and am curious

18. happy_chick

happy_chick Member

Just found this:

What is Clomid?

Clomid is a fertility medication that is used to induce ovulation. Known as clomiphene citrate, the drug is sold under the brand names Clomid and Serophene, and is available throughout the United Kingdom. Specifically, Clomid works to stimulate a woman’s ovaries to mature an increased number of follicles every month. Because Clomid increases the number of mature follicles in the ovaries, the drug also increases the likelihood of ovulation and pregnancy.

How Does Clomid Work?

Clomid works by acting on a number of different receptors in the body that regulate hormone production and release. In particular, Clomid works to increase the amount of three hormones involved in the ovulation process, including:

• gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH)
    • luteinizing hormone (LH)
    • follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH)
    Clomid essentially tricks the body into believing that it has lowered levels of estrogen. As a result, the brain begins to secrete increased levels of GnRH, which, in turn, stimulates the release of FSH and LH. These hormones then trigger the ovaries to begin to mature more follicles.

What is Clomid Prescribed For?

Clomid is generally prescribed for couples facing female infertility, including:
    • anovulation
    • PCOS
    • irregular menstruation
    Clomid is also used to increase the number of follicles available for IVF treatment procedures.

19. Merry Mab

Merry Mab Member

I was told by a nurse practitioner I had polycystic ovaries. I was seeing her because I would go without a bleed for months and months, and then when I started bleeding, it would be HEAVY and wouldn't stop for months. I would have to get a shot of progesterone to get the bleeding to stop. If this sounds like you, please go see the doctor to get it fixed!

I've had two children, and after having each one, I had regular cycles. This lasted for approximately three years after delivering each child. So it is possible to have children!

Good luck, and I hope you feel better soon!