getting out of debt by living in a car

Discussion in 'U.K.' started by jonny2mad, Apr 20, 2007.

1. jonny2mad

jonny2mad Senior Member

http://www.violentacres.com/archives/32/drastic-measures

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-truck19feb19,0,4080472.story?coll=la-home-headlines

These two are americans living in cars but you could do a simular thing in the uk, my old dad lived in a caravan he wasnt doing it to get out of debt he was doing it to avoid a women .

anyway would you do something simular thoreau advised people to live in wooden boxs to live cheap and debt free

have you ever done something simular do you think about the cost of the place where you live , do you consider sharing the space like in a house share

2. dapablo

dapablo redefining

I lived out of a car for a couple of years, usually found other places to sleep but a car can keep your valuables under lock and key.

3. AncientHippie

AncientHippie Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I once worked with a guy that lived in a van with his wife, his new born baby and his dog. It didn't smell very good in there.

4. Friend of mine did two years at university in Brighton living in a van !

he parked up in some carpark of a night and slept there - then in the day took his van and parked up in the street, friends admired what he was doing and he would bath and shower at friends houses etc

Also met a guy in brum who lived in a mini car for 8 months (a mini coupe)

5. paulfreespirit

paulfreespirit Senior Member

fuck cars man back ache stiff neck...........no ta ..........a shed in the allotments for me man :)

6. I have slept in a graveyard for two month when i was homeless

7. paulfreespirit

wow man bet that was an experience ......

8. dapablo

dapablo redefining

Nope, don't buy that one. :)

9. paulfreespirit

me neither but saying that he is a bit of a braindead fucker man

10. jonny2mad

jonny2mad Senior Member

my old grandmother used to sleep on the grave of her grandmother when her mother was nasty to her, and a ghostly black dog used to follow her home and sort of watch over her .
    she didnt sleep on the grave all the time just the odd night here and there

11. Peace-Phoenix

Peace-Phoenix Senior Member

The cold hard deck of Giles' barge was enough to tell me that modes of transport and sleeping spaces should be kept seperate....

12. jonny2mad

jonny2mad Senior Member

fancy ways giles deck was mighty fine compared to some of the places ive slept