Getting high

Discussion in 'Marijuana' started by Rafaela, Jan 31, 2005.

1. Rafaela

Rafaela Member

Okay so I know this one chap who has been smoking with me for a few years now, we've become great friends. But lately he is telling me about pain killers: T3's have coedine in them,. coedine is a form of haroine. So when he takes two or more(approx) he feels intensly high. I'm pretty desturbed by this , I always considered prescription drugs as an intoxicant to be pretty lowly. I was looking for some insight on this, maybe gather opinions to smooth the haze I have on the subject. I was never one to take prescription drugs and all that pish posh . Weed has been too good

Peace and love

2. Takemenow

Takemenow Senior Member

ya id be worried... abuseing meds like that isnt really a good idea...

3. Rafaela

Rafaela Member

yeah i completely agree , it's rather trashy if you ask me

4. Takemenow

Takemenow Senior Member

im not a big fan of anything chemical..... i dont put it in my body if i dont have to... and i have seen people have bad reactions with codein....i dont know i dont wanna judge people...but sometimes u have to wonder y people do certin things to there bodys...kinda sad.. dose he do it just cuz the weed high isnt good enough cuz if thats it he should smoke hash or somethign insted

5. BudBomb7

BudBomb7 Member

on the contrary its not that bad, although pills come with a dosage for use they are still legal. my friends recently had some escapades with prescription drugs. oxycotton, percocet, valium, etc. i tried percocets and found out i was allergic to them but it wasnt a really dangerous allergic reaction i just started itching(histamine) and trippin balls. It was jsut a fad for my friends and I and we dont do pills anymore. if your worried about your friend then just kinda side slip info to him like "oh, weed is heavenly but taking pills to get high is for losers"

6. Takemenow

Takemenow Senior Member

they are legal only for perscibed use...not to sell give away or miss use...and just cuz stuff is leagl dosnet mean it dosnt cause trouble. lots of lives have been ruined over percerption drugs

7. Abyle

Abyle Member

Nikki's right; taking pills not prescribed for you is ILLEGAL and DANGEROUS. You can have seizures and even DIE from some of the pills listed. I believe in the US the pills listed are level two, which means when you're busted, you're going to be in jail for years and paying fines out the ass.

8. BudBomb7

BudBomb7 Member

true + alcohol and tobacco

but the kid is just experimenting with pills, sounds like a new thing, she shouldnt get worried unless he stars getting like hardcore on that shit

9. Takemenow

Takemenow Senior Member

people die from experments.......i think its called an oops

10. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

people die from flues and tsunami's too.

anyway, the plroblems with chemical drugs come down to two things:
    you dont always know whats in them. this only applies for street-sold pills and stuff, obviously pharmeceutical companies have to say whats in a pill.

artificial/engineered drugs have been around for relatively short amount of time. natural drugs like weed have been aorund for thousands of years. this doesnt make weed safer, but it means that the effects of the drug are very well known and documented. there may be many problems associated with ingesting artificially created or processed drugs that would not be known because only a few generations have passed since they have become popular.

11. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

that said, i dont see pills as being 'trashy' caus if your gonna class drugs as trashy or not, youd see smoking as filthy, alchohol as poison, and pills as clean, pure drug.

12. Rafaela

Rafaela Member

well this fellow is diving into a deep depression, I'm against his experiments because knowing him, it'll become a habit. I need to hard facts to show him, it's bloody rediculous.

13. Takemenow

Takemenow Senior Member

its sad...some times hard facts dont even help people when they have stuff set in there mind...i really hope ur buddy snapps out of it before something bad happens

14. Rafaela

Rafaela Member

Well personally i do class drugs. They all vary in degrees after all so I do title prescription drugs 'trashy' like i would heroine. ---oh yes and true say nikki.

15. Rafaela

Rafaela Member

The tsunami and the flu are involuntary fates!

16. Takemenow

Takemenow Senior Member

lol yea.. its not the same.. u cant sit there and go.. i think im gonna get the flu today cuz its fun

17. delta9

delta9 Member

Everything is a chemical. You mean you aren't a big fan of anything synthetic. You not going to drink water because it's a chemical? Is DMT synthesized less DMT than extracted from mimosa? Hmm?

That said, T3s as pills go are on the lower end of things, don't let your friend move up higher, or he will likely start to develop an opiate dependency.

18. Takemenow

Takemenow Senior Member

in the context of the thread im sure u knew what i ment

19. Spacer

Spacer 'Enlighten yourself'

The only meds I've ever taking was valium that a mate of my robbed of his Aunty. We took them coming down off a few E's (or X as they are called in the states). Class auld buzz off them, certainly got rid of the comedown from the E's. Wouldn't really take shit like that anymore, just drink now and smoke a bit of hash every now and again. Don't think there's much point giving out to your mate, people will do what they want and preachy speaches will only turn them against you.

20. I_Am_A_Robot

I_Am_A_Robot Member

well i can see why people and myself at times will want to feel good , so taking a pill or a beverage doesnt seem so bad. but usally im against this.
    as long as people dont abuse shrooms or psychadelics like that im fine. because psychadelics hold "special" powers and it sickens me to see people doing it for fun at a party or some shit.
    go take your god damn coke or xtc bitches!