Getting Animals High

Discussion in 'Animal Advocates Support' started by peace_n'_love, Feb 15, 2009.

1. peace_n'_love

peace_n'_love Member

okay so personly i do let my dogs get high. but i let them choose... me and my boyfriend just sit there and smoke and we blow it but i have a real problem when people hold their dogs head and blow smoke in their face. we chose to smoke, people didnt hold my head and blow smoke in my face so why should we do that to our bestfriends? doesnt make sense to me. i was just looking how others felt about this.... thanks

2. ruby-tuesday

ruby-tuesday Member

I'm pretty grossed out by people who do that as well, and I know ALOT of people who do it. I've had people come to my place and try to get my cats high. I don't even allow drug use at my place anymore because of it.

3. The_Moroccan_Raccoon

The_Moroccan_Raccoon Senior Member

I don't think it's right to get animals high, and I don't think an animal is capable of deciding to get high.

But a few years ago, I made a grilled cheese sandwich with pot in it and left it on the counter for a couple of minutes...when I came back to eat it, it wasn't there cause my dog had eaten it. I was kind of pissed off at first cause that was all the weed I had left, but it was funny seeing my dog really high like that. Mellow, slow, clumsy, tired, hungry and more insane than usual.

4. greenryder

greenryder Member

If your dog knows what it is and chooses to inhale the smoke, then fine. However I would guess your dog is around you for company and doesn't know what the smoke is.

I personally don't do drugs, but if I did, I wouldn't let my dog "get high".

And people who hold a dogs head and blow in them, I can't even say what I'd do to them.

5. InstantGratification

InstantGratification Banned

If the animal is receptive, then do it.

I guess if they run away, don't force them.

6. Wiseman

Wiseman Senior Member

I don't know. I can't imagine it'd really be wrong if you're just sitting in the room and your animal doesn't leave or anything. But when you're blowing smoke directly at them, or holding them or whatever, yes, that crosses the line.

I can't imagine 'getting high' really has any adverse effects on the animals, does it?

7. TheGanjaKing

TheGanjaKing Newbie

do it all the time, don't fuckin care

i give my dog beer too

what of it?

8. mizanthrope

mizanthrope Member

it is wrong on so many levels.

9. kinulpture

kinulpture Member

i believe it`s a really good reason that marijuana is still illegal. pets are mistreated enough without this.

10. dd3stp233

dd3stp233 -=--=--=-

Humans are not the only animals that like to get high. There are quite a few animals (in the wild) that do actively seek out and ingest psychoactive plants, fruits, bugs, etc. Check out the book -
    Animals and Psychedelics - The Natural World and the Instinct to Alter Consciousness by Giorgio Samorini.

11. kinulpture

kinulpture Member

read the fine print. actively seeking out. & these are animals in the wild. pets aren`t "in the wild". there`s a big difference. animals also have council meetings. & make tools.

12. dd3stp233

dd3stp233 -=--=--=-

Wasn't trying to say that people should force them to get high, only that some are capable of chosing for themselves.

13. kinulpture

kinulpture Member

how exactly do they choose? how does an animal indicate they wish to use drugs? wild animals, when they`ve chosen to do so, yes do many things. but doing things in front of humans & getting fed by humans is a different ball game. humans tend sometimes to occasionally "ruin" animals. sometimes when a baby animal is touched by a human, the mother will abandon it. if an animal has already gotten high, then a human would just be "enabling". & the "can`t be addicted" thing doesn`t apply to animals. by the way, i know several people who are addicted to marijuana, no if`s, ands,or buts. one lost her farm because of it. just smoking it, not growing/getting caught. actually, she probably had no business making her own decisions in the first place. i tried to tell her this for years before she lost it. so, even humans don`t exactly "choose" sometimes.

14. dd3stp233

dd3stp233 -=--=--=-

That's a complex question, and would be dependent on a lot of factors to which the humans and animals that are involved would have to decide for themselves, not to be decided for them.

15. peace_n'_love

peace_n'_love Member

thats what im trying to get at just forcing them is not right my dog really i think he likes it whenever me or my boyfriend get out a bag he comes and jumps right on us and stares at it or follows us around hes so cute!

16. Deranged

Deranged Senor Member

i think it's funny to get a dog high. it's not like you're hurting them. shit, they're just animals.

17. bluedragonfly

bluedragonfly Member

When I lived with my boyfriend, his friends would constantly come over and get our dog Hoss and our roomies cat high. Hoss always sat on the floor right in front of us while we smoked, so it didn't seem too awful.. I actually never thought of it as something bad until I read this.

18. KatieMarrie

KatieMarrie Member

For some reason my cat will come out of hiding and rub up against me purring. She loves it. Would never force her though.

19. kinulpture

kinulpture Member

you need to tell many more people you do this. i think some people would be veery interested. though honestly i don`t think(if you`re telling the truth), you should have any more pets. this thread is getting ridiculous. there`s nothing whatsoever funny about it. it`s pathetic.

20. peace_n'_love

peace_n'_love Member

Yes They r Animals but that's not all they r that was very rude and we don't think of humans in this way so we should not think of animals like that, and ur the reason why people have a prob. with this kind of stuff