Get busted on Jamcruise

Discussion in 'Events and Festivals' started by phillyrp314, Jan 7, 2005.

1. phillyrp314

phillyrp314 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Found this floating around on hookahheads.com messageboard. Sad news. Sure, an element of common sense could have prevented some of this, but it also seems it could have been a set-up by the cruise line.

I don't know, wasn't there, so....

But if anyone has friends or loved ones attending this, you may want to make sure they weren't part of the unfortunate group.

http://www.hookahheads.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=408

Peace

Robby

2. drbeaker

drbeaker Member

What a bunch of bullshit, I notice this kind of thing all the time. Venues will have no door search at all for their more mainstream shows but the minute a jamband comes to town they do everything but cavity search you. I've been on a cruise before and there were no drug sniffing dogs are even any bag search at all, just a metal detector, this striaght up discrimination (and the fact that they're correct in their discrimination is beside the point ;) )

Can I also say how furious I am about this monstrous waste of taxpayer money and federal official's time? Do you know how much it time and money it takes to train a dog to smell marijuana? (most dogs are only trained to smell cocaine, amphetamines, and opiates) How dare the FBI spend even one fucking penny on breaking up a little party on a boat? Don't they have some more important things to worry about like......say.....international terrorism??? Those dogs should be in our international airports and harbors sniffing for bombs not drugs!

3. headymoechick

headymoechick I have no idea

wow. My friends went on jamcruise last year and they said it was tough, but they didn't notice anything like that.

Wait, that was the moe.cruise.

never mind

4. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Lifetime Supporter

latest info here in Colo is about 30 folks got popped, but word went down the line and the trashcans in the area should be GOOD diving! ;)

5. AT98BooBoo

AT98BooBoo Senior Member

I believe that there is a word for this situation. Its called ENTRAPMENT!!!

6. drumminmama

jamcruise's site gives numbers (that could be PR numbers and therefore suspect) of what works out to either 15 or 18, depending on the poster.

7. drumminmama

I also note that on Saturday morning, I am having a hassle geting onto jamcruise's message board!
    Could be my puter, but..... looks fishy...

8. drumminmama

9. solargarlic

solargarlic Member

"Local U.S. Customs officials say the chat rooms of the "Jam Cruise" website had contributors offering suggestions of how passengers could safely sneak their stash aboard ship.

"We've read a lot of the chat room discussions that vacuum-sealing narcotics is a method of concealing narcotics in such a way to avoid the detection by the dog," said Richard Quinn of the Jacksonville office.

Quinn was quick to point out, the advice was bogus. "

Good old Big Brother :) Always watching...

10. drumminmama

they are everywhere, and we aren't too subtle.

11. superNova

superNova Member

wow i can't imagine being audacious enough to try and take drugs into international waters. that's just asking for it!!

12. miami musician

miami musician Senior Member

wowow... you know this is scary because this gives me the feeling that the feds will be looking at all of these "jamband" sites and forums looking for tips that will give them enough evidence to do these searches. and what really ticked me off, someone on that other forum said something about how the cops will always be willing to come to the jamband shows and search its revelers, yet they won't even really bother with all of the mainstream acts. will this be the future of our beloved festivals? lets hope for the best... but plan on the worst.

13. FreshPhish

FreshPhish Member

Alright, I'm angry about someone making a comment that seems directed toward the younger people of the bunch, those that are more susceptible to believing OUR type of propaganda against police officers. Cops are NOT bad. The war on drugs that they HAVE to fight is wrong, that's all. Officers of the law should be respected, as many of them have only good intentions. Their job is to PROTECT AND SERVE, and although the Bush regime might want to change that to shake-down and serve warrants, I hate to see good men and women that only want to protect people getting put down. What would we do without police officers? Well, I'll tell you this much. If you live in the South like me, where long hair and a long beard makes you "weird", you'd see a lot less 'heads' walking around. We'd be dead, hunted down by the REAL American threat, white-trash bigots that think their way is the only way to live.

So remember kiddies, cops are NOT bad. When you see one at a festival, tell him/her that you appreciate their service and protection. That really blows their mind. I know I changed at least a couple of cops' opinions of the whole Bonnaroo scene this year, and while I talked for (3) hours to (2) sheriff's deputies from Manchester, I had a gram of hash, some deamsters, and a generous supply of headies on my person.

14. drumminmama

it was a parody of a South Park quote spun in with a TV show voice. Think Letterman.

Miami musician, this isn't new. DEA has been on tour for years, longer than my old enough to see shows alone son has been alive.
    High Sierra gets swept in election years.sigh.
    What they are really after is the source. They think we are still soaking blotter in our vans...and we say we have stopped...mmmm mop up...

15. lildeadheadash

lildeadheadash Member

Today on netscape news I read that in America only 7% of Americans have common sense.

16. WayfaringStranger

WayfaringStranger Corporate Slave #34

the best advice i could give yall is to stop doing drugs. thats a lil farfetched, but htats mainly the route ive taken. other good advice is, dont talk about drugs you have or will have ar want to have on the internet, or anywhere. or maybe dont bring your drugs around with you. you can be fairly safe with four or five joints on you, easy to eat or destroy and still have plenty of fun. i know yall love your glass, and chemical drugs, but if they leave the safety of your home, your only askin for it.