Germaine Greer

Discussion in 'U.K.' started by Ellied, Jan 8, 2005.

1. Ellied

Ellied Senior Member

Ive been watching Celebrity big brother and was very pleased to see Germaine go in. it makes a change from all the normal people that go in. ive read a few of her books and liked them especially 'the female Eunach' SP?? anyways i hope she wins...big brother is normally full of tarts in bikinis and wannabe modles! lolz go germaine!

2. dibblydowcus

dibblydowcus Member

If you've ever heard her speak on programmes like Newsnight, acting as a critic or such. It's always an amazement to me how effortlessly knowledgeable she is. Quoting the most obscure middle ages source or rhyming off sentences that are a real pleasure to listen to.
    Ironically I've just picked up a copy of The Female Eunoch. I had thought I'd be a bit antogonistic and anti-male (a misconception I obviously picked up from a false source). It's actually very well written and all but some of the points I feel re-enforce ideas I had felt myself.
    I wonder what this sort of exposure will do for her trouble with that stalker!!

3. Claire

Claire Senior Member

Go Germaine!!!

I haven't actually seen it yet... but if she's in I'd like her to win cos she's a real person:sunglasse

4. Silver Salamander

Silver Salamander Member

Hooray, the wicked witch is dead, the wicked witch is dead! He he. Sorry, ladies, couldn't hide my glee. Let's face it, she was a wash-out. What did that John dude call her, the Gorgon? Spot on.

5. Claire

Claire Senior Member

Sorry Ladies?

Germaine has done a lot for the feminist movement... it shouldn;t be JUST about "the ladies"... it is about demanding equal rights for all people across the board...

I'm sure she won't lose any sleep over you or John (who ever that is) calling her a Gorgon or a wicked witch... to me it just shows how shallow you are...:rolleyes:

6. Jaz Delorean

Jaz Delorean Senior Member

who is she?

7. showmet

showmet olen tomppeli

...some fatuous bint ...

8. Jaz Delorean

Jaz Delorean Senior Member

ok...won't worry about that then...i didn't watch it anyway :p

9. Claire

Claire Senior Member

tosser:p

10. matthew

matthew Almost sexy

Oh i must watch far too much TV .. i know them all .. well not the 19 year old from Blazin squad .. though sadly i am aware of them.

Germaine was good with john (he is the bloke from chanell 4 racing , he is odd ?.. )

I watched Germaine talking with Davina and she thought her job was done ?.. No its only that awful Lisa l'anson bitch .. i don't use that term lightly and its full warranted Lisa is a right BITCH... Her delusions of grandeur and having a ounce of Germaines insightfulness was driveing me up the wall.. She must have backed stabbed EVERYONE .. i originaly thought Germaine and her would fight and one of them would win .. They did fight , but i am left with the horrible feeling she (lisa) will win (now that germaine walked out)..

Its so funny they even had a spot on Newsnight for Germaine awww how nice.

They have all been 'real' they all have something about them that is good and honest .. well maybe not that BITCH Lisa ?.

11. Alomiakoda

Alomiakoda Boniface McSporran

What about that new one though? Jackie Stallone?

She's like the posterchild for an anti-plastic surgery campaign

"I was once a normal person...and now I can't facially express emotion. Please help the thousands of people like us who think looking like a lump of plastic at 70 is a good way to go."

12. matthew

matthew Almost sexy

hahahahaha i agree that she looks awful, but she is a alright , her ex daughter in law needs tranquilesr or a strong drink to face her.. and the whole thing was awfuly contrived (doh you don't say matthew). Big Brother was being REALY cruel to put her in.

Her plastic surgeon must be a very rich person..she is personaly bonkers to have so much done, but i think people have the right to do whatever (whithin reason)..

13. Silver Salamander

Silver Salamander Member

Miiaaowwwww!! As a 'person' with equal 'rights', my dear, I have every 'right' to call the Gorgon a Gorgon. The ubiquitous Greer is, frankly, my dear about herself....and maybe someday you will realise that. She is a media-hound, never off our screens. Her contribution to the 'feminist' movement is a piss poor book, and she was being ANYTHING bu feminist clearly, and embarrassingly, slavering over that poor boy band, er, boy, and the actor eye candy dude. I am afraid voicing my opinion does not mean I am shallow.....at all. Scraaatch!!

14. Claire

Claire Senior Member

You're new aren't you? Welcome to Hip Forums...

15. matthew

matthew Almost sexy

I said BITCH twice :eek:

16. Claire

Claire Senior Member

*bend over and await your spankies*:X

17. matthew

matthew Almost sexy

I was already waiting Claire , my back is starting to hurt now :rolleyes: so get on with it ....... before i can't ever stand up straight again ..

*awwwww*

Your rough , but i like it .:X

18. dibblydowcus

dibblydowcus Member

I read in the Metro today she's quoted as having said " the rain forest doesn't need the moeny that bad'.
    Fair enough, but I wonder what else she's got cooking!

19. Silver Salamander

Silver Salamander Member

:( Kinda....yeah......and thanks.

20. Ellied

Ellied Senior Member

Equality is a profoundly conservative aim; it gets you nowhere; it just continues the status quo--Germain Greer
    enough said