Georgia Beaches?

Discussion in 'Georgia' started by SpottedEagle, Jun 12, 2006.

1. SpottedEagle

SpottedEagle Member

Hi All,

Great thing this Hip Forum stuff, just found it. Hey, we are in need of some serious "hip inside information". My beloved and I began our pilgramige from Marin County last October, looking for a place to call home that we can afford to live in. Marin was very cool in many ways, but millionaires we are not, LOL!

We love the beach but NOT the hurricaines so we are thinking about finding some cool little town to live in or even somewhere in the country say like 45min to an hours drive inland from a very cool beach. We are hoping to find an area that is alternative, i.e. "hip", meaning like health food stores, yoga, the barest minimum of Bush voters, etc.. I think you get the picture, yes?

Currently we are living near Pensacola, FL, beautiful crystal clear water here, a slice of paradise, but I think maybe 2 or 3 people here didnt vote for Bush, massive military vibe, and health food? yoga? whats that?

So, any thoughts on the subject or good advice or leads will be most appreciated.

Peace,
    Ralph and Manda
    http://www.mandalawebdesigns.com/

2. hippiehillbilly

hippiehillbilly the old asshole

there is no hip on the coast of georgia..

but then again,, i aint from florida..

if theres a hip town affordable within 40 miles of the coast of georgia,, you let me know...

good fortune..

love n light

3. SpottedEagle

SpottedEagle Member

thanks for the info hippiehillbilly! sounds like can cross georgia off the list, lol

4. hippiehillbilly

hippiehillbilly the old asshole

north carolina marsh land holds a few hip people i hear.. ;)

love n light

5. SpottedEagle

SpottedEagle Member

thanks, can you be more specific locationwise?

6. WayfaringStranger

WayfaringStranger Corporate Slave #34

check out foresthostel on the way up. its in georgia, its a hostle out in the middle of the woods with a bunch of purposeful hippies.

7. Hippie_chic_4u

Hippie_chic_4u Member

Georgia is a Bush state so if you dont like him I would keep looking

8. Hippie_chic_4u

Hippie_chic_4u Member

Georgia is a Bush state so if you dont like him I would keep looking
    the forest hostel is cool been there good stuff

9. WidespreadPanic

WidespreadPanic Member

St. Simons Island is an awesome place. It is pretty pricey though. Brunswick is a little better price wise though. There are two natural food stores on the island and yoga is pretty big. There's alot of Bush supporters here but we're not all incredibly conservative. I'd say it's worth a shot to come look at some property on SSI.

10. meromak

meromak Member

can you be more specific locationwise

11. Atom bomb therapy

Atom bomb therapy Member

Go to savannah. You'd love it there. And we aren't all bush lovers in georgia. In fact I know a few people who simply hate george dubya.

Cheers!
    Alicia

12. MIIDAJ

MIIDAJ Member

there is a very large conservative/religious base here. There are however some really cool people here as well.

13. GardenGuy

GardenGuy Senior Member

For someone coming from a distance, it would be easy to blow off Georgia as one big redneck Republican state, but please take a closer look at our coastal towns.
    If you want a small town atmosphere, Tybee Island east of Savannah or St. Simon's Island can give you that. Overall it is more expensive, but that is the macro picture, you can find affordable places.

Savannah is definitely a cooler more hip place than Brunswick. If you like city life and having all the action, music and festivals at your front door. There's definitely a hip crowd. One of my friends lives in Effingham County just west of Savannah and drives into town when she wants to participate in the social scene. She likes living on the edge of the country, having privacy, a big garden, that sort of thing. But it's all a matter of where you feel that you are among kindred spirits.

Hostel in the Forest is a very cool place. Try to go there when the moon is full when they have sweat lodge ceremonies. Be sure to arrive a day early for that. It's in the Darien area, but its more of a place of pilgrimage, not an area where most people choose to live (and no jobs).