george obama arrested for marijuana possession

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by nesta, Jan 31, 2009.

1. nesta

nesta Banned

so barack obama's half brother in kenya was arrested for possession.

while the president hasn't the power to legalize cannabis, perhaps this may send a personal reminder to him about the unfairness of such laws?

while it would be a minimal change, perhaps his administration could at least make good on the promises of lowering the DEA's priority on medical marijuana, directing them instead to go after druglords and the like.

not a huge issue to be worried about at this point in time, but an issue nonetheless. we'll see what happens, and if this has any effect on anything. i expect not, but hey, a guy can hope.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/africa/01/31/george.obama.arrest/index.html

2. Cherea

Cherea Senior Member

I smell a rat. Nobody gets arrested in Kenya for marijuana possession. Give me a break.

3. McLeodGanja

McLeodGanja Banned

Definately a rat, I'd say the republicans have been plotting to orchestrate something like this, bunch of cunts.

4. Cherea

Cherea Senior Member

I'm pretty sure they are responsible for hemorrhoid outbreaks too. Not to mention Heath Ledger.

5. McLeodGanja

McLeodGanja Banned

You think it's a coincidence that this has happened now?

6. Dragonfly

Dragonfly Senior Member

no shit right? i mean i'm sure they've got way more to worry about in Kenya then some dude smoking some fucking herb!

7. nesta

nesta Banned

don't they in the us, too?

common sense doesnt always hold up in terms of government. also, some of the less developed/industrialized nations sometimes have the harshest drug laws.

i don't know about kenya, though.

8. Cherea

Cherea Senior Member

No. I think it's been manufactured. But not by Republicans. That's way too simplistic.

9. McLeodGanja

McLeodGanja Banned

They are the only ones with a motive.

Could have also been the klu kux klan, but I don't think they have the power to order the arrest of people in Kenya for smoking pot...

10. Cherea

Cherea Senior Member

My mom went on business to Kenya very recently. She said that the streets are taken with zebras, monkeys who steal your money, prostitutes, and bands of teenage killing squads. It's too chaotic for them to worry about marijuana.

Trust me, in the third world most laws are just a waste of unrecycled paper.

11. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

So true :mad:

It's more likely the kenyan police were told to keep a close eye on him by the U.S. state department, out of concern that he might be kidnapped and held for ransom because of his close association with the Prez :eek:

Hotwater

12. McLeodGanja

McLeodGanja Banned

How difficult would it be for some money to be placed in the right hands of some local police, in exchange for a small "favour"?

13. Cherea

Cherea Senior Member

You're obviously Scottish. The klu klux klan only serve to bring news ratings up these days. Nobody cares about them.

If anything I'd say the Democrats did this. Through their Russo-Indian connections?

14. nesta

nesta Banned

yeah, the KKK is a bunch of washed up, powerless, inbred, ignorant hicks.

racism in the US definitely exists, but the KKK is a joke even among most white supremicist groups as far as i'm aware.

and none of those groups that are publicly known likely have the resources or connections to get that kind of thing done. besides, it would involve paying money to, and thereby potentially bettering the lives of, africans.

anyway, i think it's likely he could have been watched, or whatever....but even if it was somehow set up, i think it's totally plausible he could have been arrested for what it says he was, and that he could have been "guilty" of it at that.

15. Dragonfly

Dragonfly Senior Member

so where did u get your info, or do u just hang with a bunch of white supermisist on the weekends?

16. McLeodGanja

McLeodGanja Banned

That is why I don't think the KKK orchestrated it. Republicans? Well, they have been known to pull a stunt or two...

17. Cherea

Cherea Senior Member

Sure. All I am saying is that marijuana allegations have been politicized for a long time now. Nobody cares about marijuana unless it serves some kind of purpose (like arresting a bunch of negros in a gentrifying neighborhood, for example). It's just slander.

I've been told by the NYPD to "put it out"; I'm sure Obama's brother (in Kenya) could get better treatment? :D

18. fitzy21

fitzy21 Worst RT Mod EVAH!!!!

i'm waiting till the news reads "george obama has been hung by Kenyan authorities"

that'll be really sweet

19. nesta

nesta Banned

i hope not. the proper word would be "hanged" if referring to execution:eek:

20. McLeodGanja

McLeodGanja Banned

Hope there aren't too many fans around if it does...