George Harrison

Discussion in 'Hippie Wisdom' started by wordman, Apr 8, 2008.

1. wordman

wordman Member

"When you've seen beyond yourself then you will find peace of mind is waiting there. and the time will come when you see we're all one and life flows on within you and without you."
    -Within without you, Sgt Pepper, '67-

"love one another"
    -George Harrisons last words-

2. XBloodyNailPolishX

XBloodyNailPolishX Forgetful Philosopher

George Harrison was an amazing person. His last words are so haunting and true.

3. Moon_Beam

Moon_Beam zaboravljas

I love him!!!

4. Pennyroyal_Tea

Pennyroyal_Tea Member

IMHO, the best of The Beatles. Suggested reading:
    "I, Me, Mine", and
    "Behind Sad Eyes".

Both really good books.

An amazing man... I'm actually sad I never got to see the man perform, but I have almost all of his albums.

5. Rain1950

Rain1950 Member

Most people believe his birthday was Feb. 25, but that was when his birth was 'recorded'. I share my birthday with a truely great man and artist; Feb. 24

6. Pennyroyal_Tea

Pennyroyal_Tea Member

I just today quoted one of his songs on another forum. A mod there by the name of John just had a birthday, so I quoted "It's Johnny's Birthday".
    I think he was quite amused by it. :)

7. shivo

shivo Member

he was great!!

8. steve-peace

steve-peace Member

I love him because he was always a quiet one, and I share that quality as well. Actually there seems to be many aspects of George I can reflect on.

9. MatchboxAwakening

MatchboxAwakening Member

he is amazing. while my guitar gently weeps is one of the best songs on the white album

10. Niemiway

Niemiway Member

Has anyone every noticed that Jim Strugess (Across the Universe) looks an awful lot like him?

11. ~Beatle Girl~

~Beatle Girl~ Member

^^Maybe a little, playing as a Liverpudlian in the movie, the best :p

Great thread!
    He's my fave Beatle and musician :) I really love him. He was why I started to play the guitar and maybe try to write songs.

12. aliceislimited

aliceislimited Member

George has opened my eyes to various things. :]
    Great man.

13. trekker

trekker Intrepid Traveler

He shares a birthday with me. I love him. His songs were the best of the Beatles songs for me.

14. Psychedelic Rocker

Psychedelic Rocker Member

George was great.

I think George Harrison's guitar work with The Beatles is under-rated. I think Harrison never got the credit he disserved as one of the best guitarist of the 60's.

Also...I think some people forget how funny George was. Harrison had a great sense of Humor.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. Revolver1966

Revolver1966 Member

he was probably one of the most underated guitarists of the era, and definately overshadowed by john and paul. he was a brilliant individual.

16. Kathryn O

Kathryn O Member

I met him once in the early 90's. He was with his brother Harry, who was the one who came up to me and asked me a question about the water in town. (we were traveling cross country and at a place with other travelers getting supplies).
    I liked Harry's accent and asked where he was from. He introduced himself as "harry" (How I got his name) and said he was from Henley in England. Then, I recognized George standing quietly behind him and said, "I now who you are. You're George Harrison."
    He replied by sighing and said, "This isn't fair. You know who I am but I have no idea who you are."
    I introduced myself, told them I was from Detroit, shook hands, and then answered their question about the water, and we all went on our ways.
    It was later I found out Harry must have been George's brother.

17. mdoss2202

mdoss2202 Member

yeah he's great... i've recently started listening to his solo album Brainwashed i really enjoy it.

18. I_Human

I_Human Member

Within You Without You is one of my favorite mindfucks.

19. Tisbutehname

Tisbutehname Member

Hey Harrison fans, on the week of July 20th, 2009 and the following week July 27th 2009, In the Studio (http://bit.ly/Wl7zr) will be doing a two part series on the legendary musician, humanitarian, and person George Harrison, which will coincide with the release of a new compilation album of his best hits (and there are so many, love his music). Anyhow, the show is comprised of interviews gathered before his death by DJ Redbeard, candid, unique, altogether exclusive interviews with Harrison.

You can stream other interviews with him, and with Paul McCartney about the beatle's white ablum on the website, but this will be two weeks of shows dedicated to the man and his solo work, which in my opinion comes damn near close to, if not surpasses Lennon's solo work (it's a tough debate). Please take a look at the site, which is a collection of great interviews and live performances of rock n rolls best albums and musicians. The Harrison show should prove to be nothing short of fantastic. Any fan of his, or of the Beatles, owes it to themselves. tell us what you think.

20. Tisbutehname

Tisbutehname Member

yeah he was very very funny