Genital Herpes - Nice guy but......

Discussion in 'Sexual Health' started by Humminbird, Jan 31, 2009.

1. Humminbird

Humminbird Member

My new bf confessed to me that he has genital herpes. We don't make love when he's having a 'flair up' but I read that I could contract it during those times when he isn't experiencing symptoms. Nice guy, but should I run for my life?

Sex just doesn't seem to be as fun as before. :(

2. PsyGrunge

PsyGrunge Full Fractal Force

My mate's ex had them; he said he knew about them but they didn't stop him.. and he claims he caught them. I know he got treatment though.

I think, ultimately, the ball's in your court..
    but it'd show exactly where your emotion lies if you did run..

3. Humminbird

Humminbird Member

I just don't want to get this STD.

Has anyone out there contracted GH, sleeping with someone who has GH, but not in it's 'active' state?

4. sarahrei

sarahrei ~Lover~

Yes, it's very possible.

5. lucjl volcin

lucjl volcin Senior Member

6. Mothman

Mothman Senior Member

Don't take any chances. You won't be a bad person for ending the relationship. You WILL regret not ending it if you wind up with herpes. It's unfortunate but if there was ever a time to look out for numero uno it's now.

7. Humminbird

Humminbird Member

Is always having sex with a condum an answer? Would that make it safe for me?

It sorta bugs me that since he told me (several months back) he's never once actually considered my health. It makes me think he doesn't really care about me... Only about himself....

8. seizedbyanger

seizedbyanger Banned

no, because genital herpes can be spread from skin-to-skin contact, and a condom doesn't cover everything.

9. sarahrei

sarahrei ~Lover~

I think there are pills that lower the chance of spreading it

10. MikeE

MikeE Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I think that the advise that the two of you get from a physician would be better than the advise you get from the Internet.

11. Humminbird

Humminbird Member

Thanks Mike, good advise, if I could only get the bf to go. I think I already got my answer.

Thanks mucho:)

12. CaptainLS

CaptainLS Banned

From what I've seen on commercials you have alot more fun after getting herpes

13. MrDot

MrDot Senior Member

Oh bullshit, you sound like a bitch if anything. Yes you're thinking about yourself which isn't so bad but the fact that you try and throw this on him makes you look like a complete bitch. GTFO!

14. CaptainLS

CaptainLS Banned

True. He told you. Theres nothing more he can do its up to you

15. Humminbird

Humminbird Member

He had the H when I met him.
    He never told me.
    We had sex many many, times after that, when I could have contracted it.
    That's fucking WRONG. :mad:

He's history now.

16. lilbear

lilbear Don't prick a raw paw!

He should of told you before you had sex with him,and let you decide if you wanted to take the chance or not...

17. MrDot

MrDot Senior Member

Chances are he was to scared to lose you? :\ I doubt you'd tell anyone you were having sex with if you had it. It's different when the shoes are on your foot.

18. Mothman

Mothman Senior Member

I disagree, it's one thing if you unknowingly pass it along but this guy knew, he knew it would change her life forever if she caught it and she would live with that hell for the rest of her life and only a selfish piece of shit would play god with someone else' life like that.

I'm sure he was scared, having some shit like that will affect you mentally and emotionally. Fucking her many times without letting her know, while he was very aware that he could be giving her that shit makes me sick and telling her after the fact does not redeem him in my eyes.

If you wanna put yourself in other peoples shoes, then put yourself in hers. She was a victim and I hope that she is getting tested and that she was not infected by that slug.

19. Kid Lucas Jr.

Kid Lucas Jr. Member

you dumb bitch get the fuck out of that relationship, and this is coming from a guy
    don't risk your health on one man, theres million of more in the sea

20. noela

noela Members

make sure you're really into this guy.
    you need alot of trust with eachother, so he tells you exactly when hes having a flare up, and he actually cares that he wont contract it over to you.