Gear Head

Discussion in 'Marijuana Growing' started by Chaotic, Jan 7, 2005.

1. Chaotic

Chaotic Member

So i recently upgraded my space, It is a huge basement. it will be devoted to nothing but the manifestation of green.
    That being said how many plants on average and what strain say if I use northern lights, how many plants to get an average of 75 lbs a month?? what should be the lighting?and how many bulbs?
    thanx
    Chaotic

2. GuySmiley

GuySmiley Member

^^^^^ It's nice to see that you are ambitious, but ANY setup that will produce 75 lbs. a month is going to get the notice of your local autorities. The amount of wattage you would be using to run a light setup to handle the number of plants that you would need to get 75 lbs indoor, is going to make the electric company take notice. They will report the suspicious "Las Vegas" amount of wattage to your local fuzz. You would need at least 30-35 x 1000 watt HPS setup's to get the amount of wattage you will need for yeilds that size, not too mention the vast amount of skills and free time you will need to care for that many plants. Buds lose 50%-80% of thier weight when drying/curing

3. Chaotic

Chaotic Member

here is the thing, it is in an area thats allready rated for commercial power usage. its used to getting high power bills due to high powered machines and other spark sucking devices, I am going to be as safe as I can cause of neighbors thats my only worry right now...

4. GuySmiley

GuySmiley Member

Dude, growing 75 lbs a month is going to get you noticed...Do you have ANY idea how many watts it's going to take to produce 75 lbs a month? Obviously not...75 lbs of pot is going to need some SERIOUS odor control....Anyone in a 3 block radius is going to smell them during a warm summer grow. You don't have to believe me, but I am pretty sure that you are overshooting your introduction into growing.

You are new to growing and obviously very excited....but what you are planning on doing in a residential neighborhood is going to get you busted.... I guess you really didn't read what I posted previously......With the amount of lighting you will need, your electric bill is going to be over $700 a month.....that will get you noticed. Peace.....

5. Chaotic

Chaotic Member

hmmmm thoughts too ponder.

6. Mud_Hunter

Mud_Hunter Member

on the lighter side....with that much wattage in your basement....your heating bill will be low :)

7. WeeDMaN

WeeDMaN a pothead

Why not just grow 4-5 plants under like 2-3 1000 watt HPS?? Let em grow the bigges they can and let em flower till they are done, u WILL have enough weed to last, the only reason I would think u would want 75 lbs a month is if you wuz a big time grower who happened to be selling this shit to everyone in a city.....

hmmm...kinda gets ya thinkin...and gets the cops thinkin too(if any monitor here, which I doubt)

8. Bob_Bong

Bob_Bong Member

Also, you could just do the math yourself and see .. it's a little unreasonable to try and produce 75 LBS.

2-4 ounces per plant (depending on strain,conditions,grower exp.)

18 ounces to a pound.

18x75 = 1350 plants... give or take...

you'd need roughly that many plants to produce 75lbs in one shot... now MONTHLY... you'd need even MORE plants...

think about it dude..

not to mention if you're asking on an internet forum a question like that?

it means you've read nothing.
    Go Read.