Gays arent evil-why does god dissaprove

Discussion in 'Christianity' started by astralgoldfish, Jan 19, 2005.

1. astralgoldfish

astralgoldfish Member

nO, iM SURE SODDOM WAS (ACCORDONG TO THE BIBLE) A PLACE DESTROYED DUE TO IT'S GAYNESS AND SINFULNESS. pLEASE INCLUDE QUOTES ROM THE RELEVANT PASSAGES, ANYONE WHO IS QUALIFIED TO GIVE SUCH QUOTES!!!

2. PhotoGra1

PhotoGra1 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

So everything is predetermined. I have no free will...?

Why look both ways when I cross the street? I will die when it is "my time" right?

Bullshit.

3. redie*

redie* Member

Well The Bible clearly and consistently tells us that homosexual activity is a sin (Genesis 19:1-13; Leviticus 18:22; Romans 1:26-27; 1Corinthians 6:9). God does not create a person with homosexual desires. A person becomes a homosexual because of sin (Rom 1:24-27), and ultimately because of their own choice. A person may be born with a greater susceptibility to homosexuality, just as people are born with a tendency to violence and other sins. That does not excuse the person choosing to sin by giving into their sinful desires. If a person is born with a greater susceptibility to anger / rage, does that make it right for then to give into those desires? Of course not! The same is true for homosexuality.

4. Kharakov

Kharakov ShadowSpawn

Well, there are 2 definitions of the word free will: 1. voluntary choice or decision (as in I do this of my own free will) and the other one: 2. freedom of humans to make choices that are not determined by prior causes or by divine intervention (both definitions courtesy m-w.com)

You do make voluntary choices / decisions. So by definition 1 you have exercised free will.
    You do not make any choice without a prior cause (you were taught to look both ways on the street, the prior cause to people being taught this: a child getting killed because they did not look both ways before crossing the street, the prior cause to this.....). So by definition 2 you do not have free will. Everything you do is determined by a prior cause.

There is another thread which is a free will discussion if you would like to take this over there...
    http://hipforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62632&page=2

Settle down, Beavis...

5. BlackGuardXIII

BlackGuardXIII fera festiva

Haven't you ever had a miraculous near miss, when you should have by all reason been killed? I have had at least three, likely double that.
    Have you ever met someone who tried to kill themselves, but was inexplicably unable to because of something like the gun kept jamming, though it was perfectly in order, and fired right afterwards, no problem.
    I say you have free will, but somehow, your choices are known already.
    By whom, dunno? How, dunno? Why, dunno.
    The precognitive dreams I have had are what convinced me that time as a linear thing is not correct. It is more likely to me that it is instantaneous, and the present moment contains all times, no past or future exists.

6. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

sorry, man, but homosexuality is not the be all end all of sexual sinfulness, much as you would like to think christians believe. you show me the text where sodom was destroyed simply because of it's homosexuals. sodomy does not only refer to anal sex.