Gays arent evil-why does god dissaprove

Discussion in 'Christianity' started by astralgoldfish, Jan 19, 2005.

1. Epiphany

Epiphany Copacetic

It is good to see someone has understanding

2. BlackGuardXIII

BlackGuardXIII fera festiva

Homosexual couples have a bit of a problem producing children (not counting arrangements with others -back then, it would've been quite hard to find a surrogate mom). So, older homosexuals could quite likely become a burden to the community. People didn't want that to happen, and like I mentioned before, claiming 'you will burn in hell for eternity' was lots easier than explaining the whole thing and hope the gay couple in question would see reason.
    Myranya

If there were no orphans, I might give that explanation some credibility....nah I still wouldn't.
    If I was in a gay relationship, I would rather be 'allowed' to be me, and live with my lover in peace, and then starve to death in old age, than live for years as an outcast....that is death by a thousand cuts.

3. astralgoldfish

astralgoldfish Member

So maybe Adam and Eve fucked up. Not my fault. Not your fault either. Seems like this god of yours (which Im pretty sure is supposed to be the ultimate in justice) is blaming us all for someone elses fuck ups. They're meant to be everyone's ancestors right? So if my mum sins, is that down to me as well? I never met Adam or Eve. Neither did any of you. Saying that everyone is guilty of their sins is taking away OUR free will. They chose to sin. You're basically saying that from birth we are already sinners, and our only free-will is to repent or not. Thats no kind of choice, what happened to my free-will?

As for this whole Adam and Eve thing. I've always wondered about it. God gave them free will right? He gave them everything they were, he created them, so he must've programmed them with all characteristics- Curiosity, Gullibility, Loyalty, Any conceivable quality or flaw in their personality was given to them by god, their creator.

God transcends time (can see back and foward into the future infinitely). So when he programmed them he did it fully aware that his creations would take that bloody apple. There's a lot more to a decision like Adam and Eve's than just free-will. Their individuality will affect it loads. He created them how they were. He knew how those people would react. He made them like that. He must have made them specifically to take the apple. Free will or not, he programmed the beings he gave free will to! I blame god for Adam and Eve's apple-pinching. God knew what he was doing when he made them. He must have!

So then, how can a reasonable god, then go on to blame EVERYONE else who is ever born, for something he engineered himself. I don't beleive a word of it. It's just not rational or fair. I think more highly of the creator's ability to reason.

4. Kharakov

Kharakov ShadowSpawn

Hoorah for you! Now, if you just accept that anything you do is part of God's plan, you can go kill people (unless you were not made to do so, some people do not have that desire built into them). I, for one, either genetically, environmentally, or because it is part of God's plan, have been fucked from the beginning, and it isn't that Good kind of fucked where you like it... I say to my unwavering creator, Fuck You!

Ohh, yeah, another Fuck You to the universe for the cold that I have had for the past 3 days... (although I usually enjoy colds, I am in a bad mood now, because of everything I see around me).

5. astralgoldfish

astralgoldfish Member

Good point, so Adam and Eve do have responsibility for apple-pinching, gods plan or not. But I still don't think it's anyone elses fault but theirs. I don't carry their sins,
    I carry my own. It is a weird concept though. If god created me, then what decisions I will make in my life must've been known by god when he made me, therefore if I kill people, god created me fully in the knowledge thats what I would do.
    Free-will or not, any creator who can see the future creates every act you ever do, every thing you will ever say, and every thought you will ever have. God creates every effect you will ever have on the world at that moment. It doesn't unfold over time as we experience it. To god it must be simultaneous, creating the circumstances of your death before you're even born. So in a way god is responsible for any crime any man has ever commited, so are the people, but it's definately gods fault too.

6. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

no, not so. knowing something is going to happen doesn't make you responsible for it.

7. Kharakov

Kharakov ShadowSpawn

Creating something that you know is going to do evil makes you responsible for the evil that is done by your creation.

8. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

so, when i created my daughter with my husband, knowing full well that she's not going to be perfect, i'm responsible for her fucking up?

9. Mui

Mui Senior Member

im not speaking for the entire gay community of course... and im only bi but... im evil.
    god doesnt like me because i sacrafice goats.

10. all_rhodesian_reject

all_rhodesian_reject Sonskyn Elvis

11. Kharakov

Kharakov ShadowSpawn

No.
    You know very little about the outcome of the pregnancy and the life that follows. God, being the creator and architect of this life (down to the last little "imperfection") knows the outcome. You just have to assume that what happens is for the best because it is part of God's plan. You don't really have a choice in the matter. God does. You being within God's plan, do not. You will do what you were made to do, even if you raise your daughter to be a serial killer.

12. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

Couldn't God have a plan which contained a truly random element, (human will)which although limited to certain parameters still allowed for events to ocur in a way which He didn't necessarily forsee?

I expect this will be unacceptable to the orthodox because it seems to limit God's omniscience, but - Could He decide not to know?

Also, without something like that, we seem to be left with a totally deterministic universe, where, as St. Augustine and later Calvin claimed, those who will be saved, the elect, are already known and predestined by God's foreknowledge of their salvation, and the rest, do what they may, are lost.

That seems to leave God running a movie in His projector that He's already seen through to the end.

13. Kharakov

Kharakov ShadowSpawn

I don't know.
    What I think is that God enjoys life vicariously through God's creation, in that God knows the joys that the creation will experience, but all of these joys would be empty to God without a creation to experience them (share the experiences with, give the experiences to). How would you like to be completely rich and powerful with nobody to share it with? How would you like to invent the most perfect experience in the universe with nobody to share it with?

I don't know. Have you ever decided not to know something?
    Maybe God does not intend to lose anyone with God's plan. Maybe the idea of being lost is simply the experience God gives us of God's original lonliness that God gives to every one of God's sentient creations (original sin anyone?). Salvation is when we know that each and every one of us saves God from this lonliness by being created and living with God for eternity, even if we don't really get a choice. The fruit of knowledge lead us to know of God's original, heartbreaking lonliness. The laws were given to us to distract us from this lonliness, because man could not bare to look upon his creators need. Finally, a man was born who understood God's lonliness, and saw that God needed our love, not fearful obediance of law. A couple thousand years later I show up and say "Make me rich, bitch!!" and God was like "You're a Jackass..." and I was like "Fuck you!!" and God was like "In your dreams" and I was like "I want a Blow Job" and God was like "You are funny looking" and I was like "You made me this way" and God was like "You are my Fart" and I was like "Thanks alot, ohh mighty one" and God was like "I know when you are being sarcastic" and I was like "Ok, I really, really want some money" and God was like "I couldn't hear you"...

In which case there is great hope for all of us, including God.

14. BlackBillBlake

The idea of God being lonely is a little bit too anthromorphic for me. It's just projecting human qualities onto God.

The fact that you and I cannot decide to 'un-know' a thing, doesn't mean that applies to God too.

15. Kharakov

Kharakov ShadowSpawn

Yeah. It does seem a bit off.

Omnipotence vs. Omniscience. All powerful "I can cause the unknowing of this thing" vs. All knowing "I know this thing".

16. ryupower

ryupower NO capcom included

Some christians believe that because he destroyed the city Sodom (which was filled with gays), they think that gays are full of lust. I disagree,many,sure,(so are many heteros) but I believe he destroyed it because they were full of sin and lust, but being gay does not automaticly mean full of lust to me. that's why there is such a debate.

17. BlackBillBlake

What do you mean by lust? Sexual desire? If so, it's hard to see how either hetro or homo-sexual people could not have at least a bit of this in them.

18. Cerberus

Cerberus Member

I used to hate gays, I don't know why.

Sure you have those excentric weird gays, but you have weird hetero-sexuals too. I don't see how a man wishing to shove his dick up another man's rear-end has any bearing on the person they are?

God created us all right? So he created gay people, why would he condemn it?

Personally I see it as population control.

19. ryupower

ryupower NO capcom included

Yes everyone has a little of it. But they were FULL of it in Sodom.They commited crimes like adultery, rape,etc.
    Since there were many gays there, many christians see being gay as sin.For they think they're ALWAYS full of lust. Which, I,personally believe is not true. It never actually SAID anything about gays going to hell. I know about platonic relationships too.

Anyways, yes, with lust I mean sexual desire.

20. BlackBillBlake

Sounds a bit like Britain or America to-day.

That is indeed a strange kind of logic.