Gay Pride Miami Beach - 2013

Discussion in 'Gay' started by Shale, Apr 15, 2013.

1. Shale

Shale ~

Gay Pride Miami Beach - April 14, 2013
    By Shale

I was concerned that it would rain on our parade this Sunday. It had been raining off and on Friday and Saturday was a complete washout with street flooding on South Beach. But if there are gods who meddle in the affairs of mortals apparently Zeus has a liking for gay ppl because it was a hot, muggy but sunny spring day in SoBe and I biked down to this annual event.

The first person I ran into was a striking tall resemblance to Grace Jones named Noel Aru, wearing African Style costume with a red equality symbol headpiece.

[​IMG]

The Miami Beach Police had to be present at such a gathering so they had a specially painted car as a showcase.

[​IMG]

Before the parade got started I walked around and saw some of the participants getting ready. There was a motorcycle club of Gay Bikers called the Stonewall Knights.

[​IMG]

And, there was the flamboyantly costumed in the more visually sensual floats.

[​IMG]

2. Shale

Shale ~

IDK what this float represented but just call it the gay interpretation of Native Culture.

[​IMG]

You had to have been there with the pounding bass drums to get the whole impact.

Or just get skin close to the sweaty 'natives' on this tropical day

[​IMG]

Other floats with Buff Guys were from clubs

[​IMG]

And gay weeklies that advertised them.

[​IMG]

3. Shale

Shale ~

Then there were the ppl who come to such events.

Like boys dancing in their undies

[​IMG]

And Undie Models
    (Yes, he was a Marine - Always Looking for a Few Good Men)

[​IMG]

The leaders of the parade were the long-term relationships or Legacy Couples:

It seemed to be more prominent this year than previous, possibly because of the current U.S. Supreme Court cases that are determining if denying same gender ppl from marrying violates their equal access rights.

Together for 24 Years

[​IMG]

These couples put the human face on the issue. Ppl who share their lives as any other committed couple should be free to have all the benefits of a legal marriage.

Together for 22 Years
    [​IMG]

4. Shale

Shale ~

Together for Half a Century

[​IMG]

My biggest enjoyment is being surrounded by and watching the like-minded ppl.

This has been the draw of such gatherings for me since my first, The Atlanta Pop Festival, where all of us free-thinking, counter-culture types assembled in 1970.

It was our place this day, where we were free to express our love without derision.

[​IMG]

And, free to get close to playful young men in their undies.

[​IMG]

I was intrigued by this young man's prayer tat (the third such that I have fotografed) and when I asked to get a pic, he obliged but also insisted that he get a pic of me holding him. That is on his fone. He was very playful and when I later ran into him again along the parade route, he snapped another pic of us together. IDK what will become of those pix (maybe he likes pix of old grampas) but this was the camaraderie of the moment.

[​IMG]

Here is my take on the April 2012 Gay Pride in Miami Beach

http://www.hipforums.com/newforums/showthread.php?t=448891&f=59

5. QueerPoet

QueerPoet Senior Member

Love the prayer tat. Gives a whole new meaning to ink. Awesome pics. Really made me feel like I was standing there. :2thumbsup:

QP

6. Shale

Shale ~