Gay Judge Refuses To Marry Straight Couples No Jail Time No Media Outrage

Discussion in 'Ethics' started by Zzap, May 17, 2016.

1. Zzap

Zzap Member

An openly gay Texas judge says she refuses to conduct marriage ceremonies for straight couples.

No one tried to put her in jail.

No federal judges tried to condemn her.

The Dallas County Judge Tonya Parker explained her decision at a monthly meeting for the Stonewall Democrats of Dallas.

“I do not perform them because it is not an equal application of the law. Period,” she said, according to the Dallas Voice, a newspaper for the gay community.

Parker is believed to be the first openly “gay” African-American elected official in the history of the state, according to NY Daily news.

Parker told the audience that while she refuses to conduct the ceremonies, she explains her reasoning to the couples.

“I use it as my opportunity to give them a lesson about marriage equality in the state because I feel like I have to tell them why I’m turning them away,” she said.

Her refusal to marry people based on the fact that they were not homosexuals wasn’t backed by any faith based belief or anything other than a personal vendetta.

So why isn’t this a big deal? Well, most people that go to her and get turned down go somewhere else.

People that know she is just being an attention seeker go somewhere else without even considering her as an option.

Now we bring up Kim Davis. A Kentucky county clerk who has become a symbol of religious opposition to same-­sex marriage who was jailed Thursday after defying a federal court order to issue licenses to gay couples.

So why was Kim Davis jailed and not the judge?

Why did this gay couple come from another state, go to the only place not issuing gay marriage licenses, bring the media, then demand Kim Davis denounce her faith?

Why couldn’t they have just went somewhere else?

http://www.thepcmdgazette.com/this-gay-judge-is-refusing-to-perform-straight-marriages-no-jail-time-no-media-outrage/#

Why?

2. quark

quark Parts Unknown

http://www.theamericanmirror.com/lesbian-judge-refuses-to-marry-straight-couples-until-texas-recognizes-same-sex-marriage/

Tonya Parker:

3. Mr.Writer

Mr.Writer Senior Member

Keep fighting the good fight Zzap. I'm sure you're choosing the right battles and the right sides in this big, wide, old world.

4. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

Maybe this judge should only marry straight couples that have tried homosexuality. [​IMG]

5. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

the quote quark posted kinda answers the question.
    the judge is NOT required to perform ceremonies and has the right to decline them.
    Kim Davis WAS required to perform the ceremonies according to her job title/description and she violated her job duties and federal law in doing so.
    Not even remotely comparable.

gee Zzap, are you really that dumb or you just stirring a pot

move along folks, nothing to see here.
    /thread

6. Rhydwyn the Green

Rhydwyn the Green Members

Kim Davis' decision to not issue a civil marriage license is not based on any real faith based religion that she claims. Jesus Christ did never forbid same sex marriage and to not issue a marriage license if her job is to issue then it is simply a decision to not do her job because of personal prejudice. Jesus did actually forbid divorce for any reason except adultery does she issues licences for divorced people who wish to remarry. Calling Christianity Judeo-Christianity is like calling Judaism Pagano-Judaism You cannot put new wine into an old wine skin or a new patch on an old garment or you will split the wine skin and tear the garment Christianity is not Judaic any more than the US is British you use the same language but you are a NEW country with different laws. The Laws of Moses are not the Laws of Jesus otherwise why bother with all that messy crucifixtion crap. oh and ask a devout Jew (a pharisee) what he thinks of the criminal blasphemer Yeshus ben Joseph of Nazareth " Can anything good come out of Nazareth? he might say as was then said.

7. Rhydwyn the Green

Jesus did say love your neighbour as yourself and judge not lest ye be judged.does that sound like what Kim Davis did? You can call your self an an umbrella that doesn't actually make you one.

8. Rhydwyn the Green

Religious books like the bible the koran or the torah are often used by the people who "live by them" are like dictionaries they only read the parts that lets them say what they want to but never read the whole thing and seldom understand what they do read. more often than not they are used to make money or kill someone you don't happen to like