Gay Gene

Discussion in 'Lesbian, Gay, Bi, Trans, etc.' started by Gangsta twosix, Apr 24, 2013.

1. Gangsta twosix

Gangsta twosix Member

there is some speculations of a gay gene in the scientific community.I was just wondering;how is there a gay gene if we are bred from heterosexuals?:biker:

do you believe in such a thing?

2. KewlDewd66

KewlDewd66 Member

Yup. I tend to believe that the there is an elusive gay gene out there. Other higher species know of homosexuality, too.

Many homosexual men sire children who may or may not turn to be homosexual. The matter is however infinitely more complicated than the assumption that the heterosexual people produce heterosexual children.

So far, no one has been able to point out any specific homosexual gene. Hence, I say, "I believe..." I do not really know.

I also believe, mostly based on my own experience that many, many men carry homosexual "gene" to some extent. Some choose to suppress their homosexual cravings for a number of obvious reasons. The others do what they choose to do.

KD

3. Manservant Hecubus

Manservant Hecubus Master of Funk and Evil

With genes, it's not always a matter of having the gene or not. It's a matter of, is the gene turned on or not.

I do believe that most things come down to genetics. Though we shouldn't throw out nurture with the bathwater. My own dysphoria had a lot to do with how I was raised. If I was truly transgendered, I'd say it was genetic but I'm just a mixed up vestite and I can attribute that to both nature and nurture.

4. deleted

deleted Visitor

I think my gay gene faded in the laundry..