Gay Communes

Discussion in 'Communal Living' started by Duncan, Jul 16, 2006.

1. RexHarley

RexHarley Guest

Hi Duncan - Did you ever find a gay commune? I would like to find a sexually open place where I can feel free to be myself and build relationships with other men. I'm not sure if I'm looking for a commune or a fraternity house for adults.

2. wild-flowers

wild-flowers forever arbitrary

I think having a souly gay commune kind of defeats the purpose. A group of diverse people living together in harmony is ideal not just gay people. Otherwise it's just a ship short of a gay cruise.

3. PiscesCub

PiscesCub Member

I wonder if any of you all have found a commune for yourselves.
    I have been interested in this sort of a living arrangement for a long time. I woud love to form a gay commune/family/frat house, or whatever you would like to call it. Something where everyone living there would be somewhat of a large family group. My vision includes men of all ages, races, and religions. It would also include anybody with physical/mental disabilities. The main prerequisite is that you can help out with some aspect of the operations. If you can make a few crafts or feed a critter, you are more than capable.
    Nudity/naturism would almost definitely be an aspect, as my partner is very much into that lifestyle, and chances are very good that if you were to stop by our house, he would be naked. I don't really consider it to be discriminatory. I'd rather that everybody is comfortable with everybody else around.
    I am hoping to have something where a person would be comfortable to live out their lives in comfort and peace, so it would be aimed more towards older folks, but we would want younger guys around, to help care fo the others as needed.

I have some awesome plans, just not sure how to implement them right now. We currently only have sleeping space for a couple of extra people, although there are ways and means of adding more.

Anybody have ideas?

4. PiscesCub

PiscesCub Member

As I had posted previously, I am hoping to set up something of this nature. I am not discriminatory, and anyone who may be interested in livig in our community would be welcome, but some may not be comfortable with it.
    I personally don't care if one was male, female, gay, straight, black, white, purple, green, or any other difference. But one needs to be comfortable with everyone else they are living with, and some people may be more uncomfortable with some aspects of a gay community. They really shouldn't be, but some eople are.

You can check us out at www.2ds.ca.

5. PiscesCub

PiscesCub Member

I forgot to add previously, you can also find a facebook page:
    Search for " The Zen Gay Free Love Commune."

6. Vincent2012

Vincent2012 Perpetual Smiler

No such person or page can be found on facebook with that title. You may need to make sure you have made it public and 'published' cause I would really like to see your page.

7. PiscesCub

PiscesCub Member

8. sthtxboy13

sthtxboy13 Guest

Where in Texas were you? I live in San Antonio. looking for a commune.

9. slammer9

slammer9 Banned

10. slammer9

slammer9 Banned

GAY MENS COMMUNITY LIVING SPACE - THE FIRST IN THE UK

Hamilton Hall - Bournemouth, Dorset, South coast of England - 5 minutes from the sea.

Home for between 7 - 12 men

Luxury bedrooms with shower - TV etc.
    Large Lounge - Dining Room - Community Room - TV Room - Conservatory - Delightful small garden
    Plenty of room to be alone of share with the other guys

Spare bedroom en suite for any friend or guests to stay over.

INCLUDES - all home cooked food and bills, minibus for day trips and shopping outings, weekly meetings to sort any problems, company and friendship, house dog,

COFFEE MORNING each Wednesday for other local gay elderly men & other local events planned.

Want to be part of this new and exciting venture ?

Want to know more ?

info@hamiltonhall.info

CHECK OUT THE WEB SITE AT - http://www.hamiltonhall.info/#!community-living/chfq

01202-399227

11. Charliedude77

Charliedude77 Members

Hello all;

Please bare with me as I am brand new to this site and to the world of cummunal living. I have read the various posts and love the discussion.

Here is my situation, if you look up Radical Fairies history as well as World University on Wikepedia you will see references to a place outside Benson, Arizona.

I own this 90 acre private property and have done extensive renovations. It's an amazing place that was the site of the very first Radical Fairies conference in 1979 and attened by some 200 people although I can't imagine where they all slept back then:)

I have been researching various types of communities and intrigued by the idea of an all gay or gay friendly community here. Would enjoy starting a conversation and get some advice on the use of this property.Perhaps someone has experience to help guide the place hands on?

My challenges are how does the property make an income to cover expenses especially with potentially several people living here? Currently the property is my private retreat/home and I have no formal plans...just exploring options.

Perhaps a gay retirement village? Perhaps communal living? Will take someone with vision and ability to make it happen. Whatever "it" is:)

Thanks for listening and I look forward to a productive discussion.

Charlie

12. Sok5ok

Sok5ok Members

I am pretty interested in a gay men's commune somewhere in South america, maybe Costa Rica or Uruguay. Maybe even new zealand. I don't know much about radical fairies. Am thinking of going along to an event they have but I am not really interested in dressing up in drag. I love balanced male energy, and find the distorted feminine or disowned or distorted masculine energy to get a little tiring. Funny and joyous at first but ultimately a bit consumptive. I am very interested in natural healing - organic food, yoga, massage, and art. Grew up in the country so I love the outdoors. Just didn't get a lot of company growing up so I like having people around. Wouldnt know how to make this happen but keen to hear if others share a similar vision

13. Sok5ok

Sok5ok Members

Email at lightbearertv@gmail.com.au

14. Rhydwyn the Green

Rhydwyn the Green Members

My name is Rhydwyn the Green I live in Thunder Bay, Ontario Canada I am interested in starting a commune here on the model of Findhorn in Forres Scotland. I am looking at a sustainable commune that would produce its own food and be learning centre and model eco-village. I am an architectural technologist specializing in sustainable buildings (solar wind passive green and straw bale etc.) (I also have experience building log structures). in addition I am an aircraft engineer an avionics technician, a Raja Yoga teacher, a massage therapis,t a herbalist and a psychic plus a very good international cook. i speak 4 languages English, French, Italian some Greek and I am learning Welsh and Gaelic because I am also a Druid (Member of OBOD)
    Finally i am a very sensitive psychic and a member of the ARE and ECC. I was conceived in Aquarius and born in Virgo to another Virgo named Mary and Man named Joseph (I am not Jesus Christ BTW)My Ascendent is Pisces and My Moon Libra
    I am aware of a number of past lives including one in Atlantis and one as a Mayan Prince named RED CLOUD. There is much more to tell and all very true
    Anyone interested in this commune please contact me.
    Rhydwyn the Green

PS remember that Aquarius was actually Ganymede, Zeus' water bearer and gay boy lover. The Age of Aquarius is the age of freedom from sexual and gender limitations.but not from the Laws of Love.The paradigm has shifted, the New Age is beginning. This truly is the Dawning of the Age of the True Aquarius not the pretender who has ruled for the past while.

15. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

I cant see the majority of gay guys not wanting to live in trendy inner city suburbs of the cities of the world that arent backward.

Sydney, London, San Francisco.....

You want me go camping? Lolz yuck

16. jpdonleavy

jpdonleavy Members

Being sober and staying out of bars introduces a whole new set of hurdles in connecting, gay or straight - ditto if you're a non-smoker or both. I've generally connected with girls online. However, my most recent g/friend had a stroke at Christmas and is still in hospital 60 miles away and I feel a strong enough connection with her not to just take up with someone else.

As to male dalliance, I have just one university friend, the only guy I have 'cuddled' with since high school. He's married and 200 miles away - one or two nights together every five years - so it's most;y mild cross-dressing and masturbation here.

I like your use of the words cuddle and cuddling very under-rated in the Internet world of extreme sex - which only suits a certain cohort, leaving 10s of millions of people who seek a milder, more easygoing sexual lifestyle, with lots of cuddling and companionship, out of consideration.

Of course, many of my comments are age-related. If I were 21 years old again I'd just be an average junkyard dog.

1 person likes this.
  17. ReneN

ReneN Members

We're starting a gay eco community, because we want to, we have to and because we think the time is right. We want to because we want gay friends who understand what we're doing and why. We have to, because reaching our goals requires more hands to do the work and the time seems right for more and more people to leave our destructive society behind and figure out a new society together.

We're three years into building a Permaculture farm to be used for education and demonstration of ecological / regenerative agriculture. It's open for anyone to visit, but we want the core team to be gay men only. What we do is all aimed at no nonsense practical stuff. This world needs alternatives and that's what we're working on. It's fun too, and we really like this way of living in a green environment. But we consider spirituality and relationships to be private matters and not a communal focal point.

Our project is scalable. If only one or two guys join us it's fine, if more show up we can get more land and scale up the project as well. Things will go as they go and we'll adapt. We'd love to welcome gay visitors too, right now mainly as volunteers or interns to help us with the work of building out the farm and make the land productive again, later as people who'd like to have an eco holiday to enjoy the green way of life. We're also looking for sponsors who care about our goals to help us invest, mainly in building materials, fencing and other practical stuff.

We've made a website with more information and to show our progress of community building. You can find it here: https://ecogay.wordpress.com - I also included the link in my profile.

PiscesCub and savagehearts like this.
  18. savagehearts

savagehearts Members

We would like to do something similar to what you're doing in Colombia, but in Uruguay... different climate (a bit like northern California), stable, friendly in all respects... 9 hectares of very young olive trees, space for a vineyard and vegetable garden, possible coop restaurant and biergarten and pizza restaurant since the parcel is on a major highway between a town in the interior that receives tourism and the most popular beaches near Montevideo, including a mostly-gay nude beach. There are three of us so far.. maybe a 4th in May. Uruguay is fairly easy to immigrate to for people with clean records and good health and some source of income.

PiscesCub likes this.
  19. Duncan

Duncan Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

None of those appeared when I tired to access them. And when I specifically looked for gay male the offerings were scant.

20. Duncan

Duncan Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

This seems to be very much in line with my thinking. I don't agree with the nomenclature 'gay'. I prefer it to homosexual as homosexual sounds a bit too clinical for my taste. I'm not looking for a camping situation; I'm more of an indoors sort of guy. And I have notions about running water and electricity (i.e., they are not luxuries) as well as regular waste management.
    I expect to be working for another 10 years or so. Assuming I could duplicate my job elsewhere, I would be open to relocation. However, I am very mindful of the state that I would move to. I do not want to live in a red state, for example, or be in the deep south. Since my work is for the federal government I would probably also fare well in a place closer to a city.
    But I'm open for suggestions :)