gay club death related to DUST OFF..

Discussion in 'Stoners Lounge' started by deleted, Jan 19, 2009.

  1. deleted

    deleted Visitor

    Pittsburgh police yesterday confirmed that they have opened a wide-ranging probe of a Strip District club where a 31-year-old Youngstown man was found dead this month.
    The body of Cleophus Pettway was discovered Jan. 4 in a private room at Club Pittsburgh, a popular meeting spot for gay men at 1139 Penn Ave. that was the focus of a June complaint to the city about illicit sexual activity.
    The Allegheny County medical examiner's office is awaiting the results of toxicology tests before determining what happened to Mr. Pettway, but his death has pushed police to take a closer look at the club.
    "It's just a general investigation to see if there is any criminal activity," said police Cmdr. Cheryl Doubt, head of the narcotics and vice squad.
    Rick Watling, an attorney for the club's owners, Peter Karlovich and Steven Herforth, said his clients are cooperating with police.
    "Above all else, Club Pittsburgh is most concerned about the tragic loss of Mr. Pettway and extends sympathy to his family and friends," Mr. Watling said in an e-mail.
    A source who was briefed by detectives involved with the case said the theory is that Mr. Pettway's death was precipitated by the inhalation of a video head cleaner spray sometimes used as an intoxicant.
    Neither Cmdr. Doubt nor Mr. Watling would comment on that theory, but, a Web site affiliated with Club Pittsburgh, advertised the sale of Maximum Impact, a "premium head cleaning solvent" in an aerosol can, as recently as Dec. 29.
    The product has since been removed from the site.
    According to the National Institute on Drug Abuse, video head cleaners -- called "poppers" -- often are used to enhance sex. Dozens of Web sites sell a range of brands.
    A December posting at recounted the story of a club-goer who inhaled the head cleaners: "We once had a customer who would purchase phenomenal amounts of Maximum Impact. (Available at for only $18!) By 'phenomenal,' I do not mean 3 or 4 cans. I mean 30 or 40. If we recycled her [sic] popper cans, we'd have had enough metal to create the world's first all-aluminum bathhouse. He huffed & puffed & blew our sales through the roof."
    The posting came from a blog called "A Night at Club Pittsburgh," which is also the name of a pornographic video filmed at the club.
    A Web site advertising the video features explicit pictures of sexual acts and invites potential viewers to "spend an evening at Pittsburgh's ever popular Club Pittsburgh."
    Last week, city officials acknowledged that they had threatened to close the club in August because adult-related activities don't comply with its permit to operate as a health and fitness center.
    The city later withdrew the closure order after the club's owners, Mr. Karlovich and Mr. Herforth, met with Mayor Luke Ravenstahl's chief of staff.
    The club owners have made political donations to the mayor and held a fundraiser for him at their Mount Washington home. But he has denied giving the pair special treatment in their dealings with the city.
    Kjuan Patterson, a barber from Warren, Ohio, who had been a close friend of Mr. Pettway for 10 years, said that the deceased sometimes slept at Club Pittsburgh when he traveled from Youngstown to Pittsburgh to socialize or to work with a friend's tree trimming business.
    The club "was a place where he went just to relax," Mr. Patterson said. "It was a place where nobody bothered him."
    He said Mr. Pettway was an only child whose father died before he was born. He graduated from high school in Youngstown, went to Ohio State University, joined the Iota Phi Theta fraternity's Beta Mu chapter, and studied business, but didn't graduate.
    "He was a dancer," said Mr. Patterson. He even choreographed moves for kids putting together talent show acts. He also played basketball, sang in a gospel group and wrote songs, though he couldn't play an instrument. "He would always write music and write poetry, but never publish anything."
    Mr. Pettway "was the kind of a person that everyone wanted to be around. ... He loved everybody, black, white, gay, straight."
    Mr. Patterson said that a benefit for the Pettway family in Pittsburgh last week raised $3,000 to help cover funeral expenses, and other benefits are being held this month.
    According to Mr. Watling, Club Pittsburgh also has contributed a private gift to Mr. Pettway's family.

    Should be noted Club Pittsburgh also donates to the Mayors' Electon Funds.. also in Bold.

    Silly faggots Dust off goes in your anus not your lungs.. :D
  2. deleted

    deleted Visitor


  3. haha
  4. it would have been funnier if they were asian.... or short people.

    Wait that is asians.
  5. polecat

    polecat Weerd

    The guy who died was from youngstown.... you would think he'd just have gotten some smack.
  6. deleted

    deleted Visitor

    product used to clean VCR's not intended for inhalation..

    Very Crappy Rectums..

  7. deleted

    deleted Visitor

    Chloroethane or monochloroethane, commonly known by its old name ethyl chloride, is a chemical compound once widely used in producing tetra-ethyl lead, a gasoline additive. It is a colorless, flammable gas or refrigerated liquid with a faintly sweet odor. Production
    Ethyl chloride is produced by reacting ethylene and hydrogen chloride over an aluminium chloride catalyst at temperatures ranging from 130-250°C. Under these conditions, ethyl chloride is produced according to the chemical equation.
    C2H4 + HCl → C2H5Cl
    At various times in the past, ethyl chloride has also been produced from ethanol and hydrochloric acid, or from ethane and chlorine, but these routes are no longer economical. Some ethyl chloride is generated as a byproduct of polyvinyl chloride production. Should demand for ethyl chloride continue to fall to the point where making it for its own sake is not economical, this may become the leading source of the chemical.
    Beginning in 1922 and continuing through most of the 20th century, the major use of ethyl chloride was to produce tetraethyl lead (TEL), an anti-knock additive for gasoline. However, due to growing awareness of air pollution, TEL has been or is being phased out in most of the industrialized world, and the demand for ethyl chloride has fallen sharply.
    Like other chlorinated hydrocarbons, ethyl chloride has been used as a refrigerant, an aerosol spray propellant, an anesthetic, and a blowing agent for foam packaging. For a time it was used as a promoter chemical in the aluminium chloride catalyzed process to produce ethylbenzene, the precursor for styrene monomer. At present though, it is not widely used in any of these roles.
    The only remaining industrially important use of ethyl chloride is in treating cellulose to make ethylcellulose, a thickening agent and binder in paints, cosmetics, and similar products.
    Ethyl chloride is a prescription drug in the US, supplied as a liquid in a spray bottle propelled by its own vapor pressure. It acts as a mild topical anesthetic by its chilling effect when sprayed on skin, such as when removing splinters in a clinical setting. The heat absorbed by the boiling liquid on tissues produces a deep and rapid chill, but since the boiling point is well above the freezing point of water, it presents no danger of frostbite. The vapor is flammable and narcotic, which requires care.
    Ethyl chloride is a narcotic inhalant drug, sometimes referred to as "Duster". Similar to poppers, ethyl chloride is used as an inhalant (huffed) during sexual activity for an intense several-minute-long high that results in a prolonged orgasm. In Brazil, it is a traditional (though illegal) drug taken during Carnaval parades, known as "lança-perfume".
    Ethyl chloride is the least toxic of the chloroethanes. Like other chlorinated hydrocarbons, it is a central nervous system depressant, albeit a less potent one than many similar compounds. People breathing its vapors at less than 1% concentration in air usually experience no symptoms. At higher concentrations, victims usually exhibit symptoms similar to those of alcohol intoxication. Breathing its vapors at 15% or higher is often fatal.
    Studies on the effects of chronic ethyl chloride exposure in animals have given inconsistent results, and there exist no data for its long-term effects on humans. Some studies have reported that prolonged exposure can produce liver or kidney damage, or uterine cancer in mice, but these data have been difficult to reproduce.
    Recent information suggests carcinogenic potential; it has been designated as IARC category A3, Confirmed Animal Carcinogen with Unknown Relevance to Humans. As a result, the State of California has incorporated it into Proposition 65 as a known carcinogen. Nonetheless, it is still used in medicine as a local anesthetic. .. :puke:

Share This Page

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice