Gavin Newson or Larry Elder , California

Discussion in 'Political Polls' started by Toecutter, Sep 9, 2021.

?

Will you vote for Newsom to be recalled? And if so, Larry Elder to replace him?

Poll closed Sep 16, 2021.
  1. Recall Newsom Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Recall Newsom No

3 vote(s)
    100.0%
  3. Replace with Larry Elder

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Replace with a different choice

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Toecutter

Toecutter Senior Member

2. ~Zen~

~Zen~ California Tripper Administrator

Really there are two questions here...

The ballot will ask if you want to recall Newsom.

Then you get a number of replacement choices, but Newsom is not on the list to replace himself. You have to choose a replacement other than Newsom if he is recalled.

There is a lot of chatter about the unconstitutionality of this recall process. I think it is nonsense.

What are your thoughts?

Toecutter likes this.
  3. Flagme15

Flagme15 Members

I’m a Californian and have no problem with the recall. Unconstitutional? Well it wasn’t some twenty years ago when Gray Davis was recalled and replaced by Arnold.
    I am a liberal and am not a huge fan of Newsom. I consider him just another hypocritical politician. Aren’t they all? I voted against the recall because I won’t vote for a regressive radio talk show host(Elder).

Scarecrow13, scratcho and ~Zen~ like this.
  4. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

I no longer live in California.

~Zen~ likes this.
  5. Toecutter

Toecutter Senior Member

Troubling,

Media ignore racial attack on Larry Elder because he's Republican

Do a search for “Larry Elder” and gorilla on the CNN website and nothing comes up. Washington Post? Zilch. Nothing comes up on The New York Times site either, although if you make it to the 15th paragraph of a story titled “The Vice President pushed back against the effort to recall Newsom in the Bay Area,” you will find a bland passing reference to Wednesday’s disgusting incident.

Scarecrow13 likes this.
  6. Flagme15

Flagme15 Members

Elder is taking a page out of the trump playbook. He is claiming the election is rigged.

scratcho likes this.
  7. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

He is a conservative republican talk show host. A fox news type from what I can see. So I would not want to see him in ANY government position. I don't know much about Newsom--I live in Oregon.

8. Toecutter

Toecutter Senior Member

9. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Ah... Yes... The new Right Wing Playbook. If you are losing claim "voter fraud" and that will fix everything.

scratcho likes this.
  10. Flagme15

Flagme15 Members

Kind of like the guy who claims all new cars are lemons even though they’re still being built.

I mean, why even bother to run?

Last edited: Sep 13, 2021
  11. Piney

Piney Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Perhaps the recall vote can be seen as a verdict of the current conditions in California rather than through the Lens of the different candidates.

I don't give a hoot about the: French Laundry visit. I'm supposing that there are a lot more challengers running than Larry Elder. We do not hear of other challengers in the MSM.

12. Toecutter

Toecutter Senior Member

Gavin Newsom projected to survive recall vote

Democratic California Gov. Gavin Newsom easily survived a recall effort Tuesday night — avoiding the threat of becoming the second chief executive of the Golden State to be removed from office by voters before the completion of his term in under 20 years.

With 61 percent of the expected vote in, the “no” response to the ballot question of whether Newsom should be recalled had 66.8 percent of the vote while the “yes” response had 33.2 percent.

13. themnax

themnax Senior Member

there was nothing wrong with gray davis either.
    as for elder, the term uncle tom, came and went before its time.

tjr1964 and ~Zen~ like this.
  14. Happygolucky51

Happygolucky51 Visitor

Gavin Newsom has destroyed California in my opinion. Crime is way up. Criminals are freed. The economy is horrible. We give away free money to illegals (by the way, it's not free to the citizens who live here), drugs are coming across our borders and so much more. Recall Newsom? Yes, absolutely. Californians need to wake up and they need to do so now!