Gavin Newsom talking about reopening Cali.

Discussion in 'California' started by BeckValentine, Apr 15, 2020.

1. BeckValentine

BeckValentine Members

I think he needs to be very careful. Reopening the state too early could cause a surge of reinfections. He was already criticized for wanting to open a new sports stadium waterfront in Oakland.

2. everything bagel

everything bagel Banned

He has a list of conditions that need to be met before doing it. I don't think its gonna happen soon. And even when it does happen its going to be very gradual

3. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I'm sorry to say it, but I don't know what we should do... It's awful to think of going back to work/school without the vaccine. :(

4. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

If my last name was Newsome, I'd just change it to Awesome

everything bagel likes this.
  5. BeckValentine

BeckValentine Members

I read where the [SF] Giants, Oakland A's, etc won't be playing again until 2021. That's a long time without baseball but better to save lives by social distance & stay at home orders. If I am not mistaken Newsom wants to see a major reduction in hospitalizations before starting to reopen parts of the state.

soulcompromise likes this.
  6. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

the new season of brockmire just came out if that helps.

[​IMG]

7. beckelliot

beckelliot Members

The beaches will be closed again due to people not social distancing. Thanks a lot.

8. Flagme15

Flagme15 Members

There was some talk that all baseball games would be played in Arizona this year. Kind of tough to do in that Arizona heat.

9. beckelliot

beckelliot Members

I haven't heard the latest. Yes that is a good point about Arizona temperatures. My aunt lives in Tuscon. They may reach 100 degrees. Unless the games are going to be played in empty stadiums I don't see how they could.

10. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

MLB has a bunch of different models in the works from what I hear. One of them, which I think Flagme15 is alluding to is that there would be 3 locations: Arizona, Texas, and Florida with ~10 teams each. It's basically locations where the teams play spring training games and there wouldn't be any spectators in attendance.

Or maybe they all converge in Arizona or one of the other locations.

Last edited: May 1, 2020
  11. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Way to go Modoc County!

California county defies Gavin Newsom, reopens

California's northernmost counties are the most unrepresented regions in the entire state's congress. They have a long history of trying to succeed from the state, and form their own. I'd like Oregon's southernmost counties to join them.

12. beckelliot

beckelliot Members

The California Yes campaign was short lived. Even having been on the ballots. Marinelli is out. He's living in Russia. Marcus Ruiz Evans was the vice president since 2016.
    Succession caused the Civil War. There are enough Californians that feel Cali Yes was foolhardy.

13. deleted

deleted Visitor

14. beckelliot

beckelliot Members

Yes. Several cities are suing Newsom over closing the beaches. Protests in Los Angeles and Sacramento. I get it. We're sick of the restrictions but for fuck's sake. I think being alive and well is more important than being able to get a fucking suntan.

soulcompromise likes this.
  15. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Many of the people, at least in Sacramento, are probably protesting being out of work.

16. beckelliot

beckelliot Members

17. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Good luck in California because we're not even close to opening up here in Massachusetts.

As quiet as it’s kept we’re creeping up the COVID-19 ladder here in Massachusetts with 2,106 new cases today and 154 more deaths, bringing the death toll to 3,562

18. deleted

deleted Visitor

With any respiratory infection the best place to be is outdoors in the sun getting fresh air..
    I didn't know they were having a kissing contest at the beaches. And even if they were its their body their choice..

Joyce Martino likes this.
  19. Newsome has destroyed so many lives. And handing out made up ticket fines for people on the beaches with no mask on. grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Being around negative ions is the healthiest place to be.....

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2020
  20. rasta g child

rasta g child flower power

SACRAMENTO