gathering shut down

Discussion in 'Rainbow Family' started by stormountainman, Jul 22, 2014.

1. stormountainman

stormountainman Soy Un Truckero

The local cops have raided the camp and gave verbal warnings so the family started leaving. Three people were ticketed out on the road. The local cops in Fort Collins said that they were worried about "shoplifting" at the local stores and that the Rainbow people might take food from the food bank. Most of the food there is donated by us local people anyway.

2. raincoast

raincoast Member

Most folks I'd consider rainbow sure as hell wouldn't be shoplifting. Sure, you get all sorts of folks at any gathering, but its no good to associate the whole family with that kind of thing

3. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Lifetime Supporter

Sadly, it happens to the small mom and pops that can't absorb the loss.
    Some of the Family isn't well socialized to the whole scene.

And suggesting to the kid in the shop that they not steal just got me a stream of profanities and a threat if he caught me alone.
    Nice vibes, going in. (1998)

4. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

Rainbow family is bad for freedom, bad for america, bad for those with peaceful or alternate lifestyles....

They make us all look bad, and are the sort of people used as an excuse to take all of our freedoms and liberties.

(yes, not every last person there - lots are just enabling the bad guys, and providing easy targets for the bad guys)

5. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Lifetime Supporter

They don't have to be bad. The overall vibe can be positive. But every person has to own their shit,and look out for everyone else.

It is a great group experiment. My times have been overwhelmingly positive.

1 person likes this.
  6. indydude

indydude Senior Member

Some of my greatest memories and personal growth happened at gatherings. I've not been in a few years since I started a family but am ready to start going again since the kids are growing and I'm getting more free time.

1 person likes this.
  7. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

It's been a few years since I've been to a gathering, but unless there's been a 180 degree transformation, your perceptions of the group are radically different from mine. Given the numbers involved, the Family has a great record for peaceful togetherness. Many of the gas stations and local stores put welcome banners out, because they do more business from the gathering than they do the rest of the year. Since we do have alternative lifestyles, the authorities and locals often don't like us. Whose problem is that? If cops are ticketing people because they're afraid of shoplifting, the cops are the ones who are breaking the law.

1 person likes this.
  8. WOLF ANGEL

WOLF ANGEL Senior Member - A Fool on the Hill Lifetime Supporter

So often these days it is a small minority of (allegedly(*)) connection that spoil it - or should one rather say, give excuse for 'the man' to have just cause for intervention.
    OR
    (*) could it be a case of possible, and plausible conception that covert infiltration into the ranks are the actual reason for the negative publicity and reputation of a cause which questions and argues for a truer just cause(?)

9. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

To question and argue for a truer just cause ?

What does of Living Light mean ? Covert infiltrators will especially be questioned on this . Authority will be
    the arguers . The persistence of authority (worrisome insecurity) is the reason for neg. publicity .

A Rainbow gathering in a U.S. National Forest is an Occupy event . Recently I've had a look at the agreement
    twixt the Rainbow Family of Living Light and the Forest Service . It has taken years to evolve into words on paper .
    The rule of law is not central to the document .

There will be a regional gathering in Minnesota next week and then another in Iowa mid-October .

10. earthliteplayer

earthliteplayer Members

I've never been to a gathering, but from everything I've seen it seems to radiate positive vibes. However, anytime you get a large group of people together you'll have opposing opinions and morals, but someones negative experience shouldn't be associated with everyone involved.

1 person likes this.
  11. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

Peace is created at a gathering and by a determination of spirit . It gets done but ain't easy sometimes . Being
    a peace-maker can leave one with a sour belly-ache , but is not too bad , peace gets done .

12. rainbowdave

rainbowdave Member

I hope the forest service and LEO leave us alone and let us peaceably gather

13. rainbowdave

rainbowdave Member

They try to but they can stop the gatherings from going on

14. Vickerycr

Vickerycr Members

People are people good and bad in all walks of life! It's all about integrity. The ones making a bad name for everyone else...we call them WOOKIES!

1 person likes this.