Garden State

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Atom bomb therapy, Feb 1, 2005.

1. I rented this movie because I love Zack Braff and thought I'd give this movie a try because he wrote and directed it. Wow, I was pleasantly suprised from the state. I dont like Natalie Portman so much, but i dont think anyone could have done a better job! Everything about the movie rocked. Even the fact that method man played a small part. (and Im not big on method..hes funny and all but, yeah. ) The sound track ROCKS. Wow.. what an absolutly awesome taste in music. If you havent seen garden state yet, check it out.. It is so good and you will love it.

2. Fernanda

Fernanda Member

I LOVED the movie...
    In fact...I'm going to own it!!!
    It was filmed by my hometown...and Zack did an amazing job!

Garden State rocks!

Fer:p

3. I have walked by it numerous times at the vid store, maybe I'll check it out

4. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

I like that guy from Scrubs that's in it... it's a good movie, surprisingly!

5. Super_Grrl

Super_Grrl Crazy love

I liked it, but I'll admit I had some problems figuring it out in the beginning lol

6. AquaMoon

AquaMoon Member

Yeah, I really enjoyed this movie too. It was really refreshing in the way of romantic type films.. very original, creative, and deep. I agree, the soundtrack was great.

7. CubanB

CubanB Member

It was alright........pretty predictable though.

8. dylanzeppelin

dylanzeppelin daydream believer

I enjoyed it. I was completely hesitated at first, but I wanted to see what the big fuss was about. I enjoyed Natalie Portman's role all much. It was an interesting movie, but I enjoyed the scenes with Natalie and Zach, they were interesting and really played out. I also found out about the Shins through this movie that I enjoy listening to now. Good movie, I have it, didn't buy it, but it's here in the same house as me. Maybe I shall watch it in the near future.

9. Zack Braff is so dreamy.

10. lol, he really is :)

I was so looking foward to this movie - so much that I was expecting to be let down, y'know?
    But i thought it was so cool - beautifully filmed, kick ass soundtrack and a great story line with awesome acting.

The infinite abyss stuff was great too :)

11. bedlam

bedlam Senior Member

was a top movie, would watch it again..

12. Burbot

Burbot Dig my burdei

i still love this movie, its awesome....i watched it about the sme time as mean creek...less of a downer

13. localhippy

localhippy Senior Member

great movie and awesome soundtrack.

one of my favorites for 2004.