Garbage Picker

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by JayzzMama, Jun 19, 2006.

1. JayzzMama

JayzzMama Member

Well, J has discovered the garbage can! The lid broke last night. A few minutes ago he scootched into the kitchen....*eery silence*. I called out "Bimmie? Biiimmmie?" (my nickname for him) I realised something was up! Ran in there and he was knawing on a corn cob from last nights supper! He was really pissed when I took it away from him. *sigh* Did anybody elses kids eat garbage?

2. sugrmag

sugrmag Uber Nerd

EW! But I guess there are worse things. I would where he can't get to it-or see it.

3. hummblebee

hummblebee hipstertist.

Thar's just what I was gonna say! It sounds like you use one of those tall cans w/ a lid on it - you might just downsize to something that'll fit in your under-sink cabinet or similar location. Then, you just have to wait till he gets clever/determined enough to open the child-proof latches!

4. barefoot_kirstyn

barefoot_kirstyn belly flop

yeah, leane has, too....her favorite place to go into is the bathroom and she gets into anything and everything that she can, including the trash.
    She's also discovered that she can open cupboards and our kitchen garbage is attatched to the supboard under the sink....when i opened it the other morning, she grabbed on to one of the pieces of it and I dragged her with it when I went to close the cupboard (I didn't notice she'd done it)
    I find that so funny when you're away from them for one second and you sence that something is wrong then you go running and sure enough, they're eating garbage or something.

5. FallenFairy

FallenFairy Senior Member

my son who is 15 months he is doing the same thing. he knows how to throw things away and all the only time he goes through the trash is when it starts to overflow he takes whatever is on top and plays with it. I think that this is just a phase in life and sooner or later he will get over it.

6. dilligaf

dilligaf Banned

no worries mamas,,,, my garbage gremlin turned into a darlin dumspter diver,,,, :D oh n even when she was well old enough to not eat gross disgusting things ...like candy found on the floor of grocery store ,,, she did....:H some of our lil garbage babes are just destined to a life of frugality:rolleyes: ....sounds better then garbage chewin

7. JayzzMama

JayzzMama Member

Yeah, well. At least it was a raw cob that I had just cut the kernels off of instead of a slimy chewed one. Blech!