~game of thrones thread~

Discussion in 'TV Dramas' started by raoul duke420, Jun 8, 2012.

1. raoul duke420

raoul duke420 Member

Hey everyone. I cant believe this show dosent have a thread yet so I made one. This is a excellent show on HBO, its based on a series of books and takes place in a fantastic world filled with castles, magic, sex, politics, blood and murder. Fucking awesome show!! Anyone else watch this show? Season two just ended so If you have never seen it, check it out!:2thumbsup:

2. r0llinstoned

r0llinstoned Gute Nacht, süßer Prinz

I watched the first few episodes but there is just to much shit goin on.
    Im not saying its a bad show or anything it was just a little hard to follow and I care much for these types of shows. Theres some other shows on HBO that I enjoy though.

3. PEACEFUL LIBRA

PEACEFUL LIBRA DAMN RIGHT I'M A WEIRDO

Never really got into the show

4. raoul duke420

raoul duke420 Member

Damn, thats cool, I love the in depth plot and all of the twists and turns, ya never know what is going to happen next. The locations they film at are remarkable and the story is great. If ya havent seen it, give it a chance, If ya have and didnt like it, try again- lol.

5. fraggle_rock

fraggle_rock Member

As far as I can tell, it's the best thing on TV right now.

I stayed away for a while because I was expecting Lord Of The Rings lite and I've never been big into fantasy, but it's actually better than LOTR in pretty much every way and the writing is brilliant. I do wish they would tone down the sexploitation though.

I was looking for something to fill the hole left by the end of Breaking Bad, and I think this will do nicely.

I'm really excited for season 4... though I wish they hadn't recast some of the characters.

6. bobsmoot

bobsmoot Member

I wouldn't say it's better than LOTR, definitely not. They're too different to compare like that anyway. This is my favorite TV show though. I think the next season is going to be killer.

7. bobsmoot

bobsmoot Member

Wait what? They recast some characters? Say it ain't so!

8. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

If I didn't read the books before I probably would have trouble with the pace and the amount of characters as well.

9. acuarela

acuarela Member

It's a great show. Great writing, great acting, great cinematography. I wasn't expecting it to be so good when I started watching. I'm ok with the sexplotation, I just find it odd that every girl in a "medieval" world has a Brazilian wax.

The show inspired me to read the books.

10. Asmodean

Glad to hear it :) I swear they are even better! More details, more subtile (often), (even) more depth in the characters. Also, no brazilian waxes (and yes such irrelevant details bother me too in historic movies, happily this is fictional medieval and has lots of other details that DO fit so I can bare it)! :p

11. acuarela

acuarela Member

It took me awhile to get into the book, but it's even better. I agree. I haven finished it though.

Little irrelevant details matter so much because it affects the realism of the story and take you out of the time period.

12. Asmodean

Definately, that's why you should also look for the tales of Dunk and Egg (if you haven't heard of them already)! Those are short stories and take place in a time where the house of Targaryen still ruled.

13. acuarela

acuarela Member

Sounds interesting and I never heard of them before, but would love to read some of the back story.

14. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

I do really like this show. The acting, dialogue, and background are all stellar. Me and my girlfriend caught up with the show in the course of a month or two.

I gotta say, for all the hype about how unforgiving it is to it's characters, I thought through seasons 2 and 3 that it may have lost it's balls; then there's a wedding..

I've been wanting to read the books to get more background; but I don't really enjoy his writing; but everyone tells me it's worth it..

15. princessokay

princessokay Member

Waiting for the whole series to finish so I don't have to wait a damn week for a new episode.

16. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

This season is absolutely incredible. The show has reached a whole new level of entertainment. I used to think of it as somewhat of a popcorn piece - but it has reached to some staggering heights.

That a lot of this season is diverging from the books is really mind blowing to me.

17. Deranged

Deranged Senor Member

I like the oompa loompa

18. Asmodean

You seem to confuse the tv with your mirror :bobby:

19. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

I never thought i'd ever say this but this show is pretty equal to...or maybe even just a bit better than Breaking Bad

Im glad i never watched it until just last week...the suspense would have drove me insane

I watched all 4 seasons during the last week just in time to catch last nights season 4 finale.

20. Asmodean

Good ending of the 4th season :cheers2: Gotta love Brienne! I've not been so positive about a screen adaption of a fav book/series since... well pretty much forever :D And they even changed some stuff and leave some subplots out so far I kind of miss. Can't wait to see some members of the Brotherhood without banners again for example! And I hope they include some scenes in the homecity of the Tyrells in next season (because I recall there's something brewing there too!). Well, I'll stop here before I accidently spoil something :biggrin: