Gabapentin has some bizzare properties

Discussion in 'Pharmaceuticals' started by CherokeeMist, Sep 1, 2012.

1. CherokeeMist

CherokeeMist Senior Member

Why does gabapentin seem to (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gabapentin#Recreational_use ) work more effectively with a staggered dose?

My experience is in line with this- when staggering the dose It hits faster and harder, with more positive effects that even appear to last longer.

This can't be the only psychoactive drug with these properties but I haven't come across any other than gabapentin.
    It's really hard to control doing though.. I get so impatient trying because the results of the process of staggering are so counter intuitive.

I have a lot of access to this stuff and over the summer would take it all the time, in doses ranging from 4 grams to upwards of 10 grams. It also seems to be really flaky-- some days less would be more than another day for no apparent reason, but when I began to take it at intervals slowly, I didn't look back.

A friend also told me that high doses of gabapentin act on a similar receptor as low doses of ketamine- would that account for why things can start to feel floaty and surreal on lots of gaba? And then there's the visual aspect- things very mildly morphing and flickering a bit, etc.

It is a very interesting drug! I love what it does, aside from the frequent explosive diarrhea every now and then...

2. Dancing til Dawn

Dancing til Dawn Senior Member

You take this for fun????

I was given these after I broke my ankle I looked them up after a day of coming out of hospital and researching them and thought no fucking way! I was pissed off the hospital dished out this shit in the first place. Nasty meds... in the UK the pharmaceutical company is pushing these more than ever, 3 friends of mine with all different symptoms have been offered these meds in the last 2 weeks..

2 days was enough something did not feel good, my advice stick to ketamine if you wanna have a buzz it has less side effects and in my opinion is safer than this shit

Look up what are the side effects and if you still wanna do them, I'l be amazed

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/druginfo/meds/a694007.html

3. CherokeeMist

Side effects are just things that have been reported and have to be listed as a possibility. My guess is that by far, most people never experience most side effects for any given drug.

I've never had a single negative effect from this drug, ever. Even taking 20 600mg pills, everything was enjoyable with no nausea, dizziness, fever, pain... again and again, the worst problem I have is massive diarrhea which is acceptable given the positive effects.

Giving it two days isn't going to tell you much man... I've done this shit countless times and nothing but smooth rides.

To each his own, I guess.

4. deleted

deleted Visitor

neuro/nerve drugs they was giving me for my Muscular sclerosis(aka gabapentin) are nerve toxins.. sure feels good now. a few years from now your nerves are going to be dead., you will have phantom signals, you will have needles in your limbs, you will lose memory capacity, and you will feel electric shocks to your head just out of nowhere..

There are many many many fine drugs out there to get high on.. Seriously never thought id say this.. if you want a cheep high, stick with DXM. not gabapentin, lyrica, neurotin.

5. Dancing til Dawn

Dancing til Dawn Senior Member

Shame you got that far down the line before you realized - as soon as it hit my system I knew it wasn't a good drug not for me.

2 days isnt good to tell? ok maybe some of us are more in tune with our bodies than others -

One massive concern is the whole mental health stuff, did you read it? Depression and feeling of self harm at least with ketamine it has ani depressant qualities..
    I agree each to there own, although this drug concerns me, and I am also wondering why it is being prescribed so easily to people. I do not trust drug companies and sad to say the medical staff are dim when it comes to dishing them out, done of the nurses I asked knew anything about the drugs they were giving the patience.

Happy daze m'dear :2thumbsup: if you feel it works for you enjoy!

6. CherokeeMist

I get these scripted... copay is $1/m lol.

If you can provide some sort of reference for your claims, orison, I will immediately concede! That is not okay...

7. deleted

deleted Visitor

http://www.wellnessresources.com/st...yrica_are_highly_toxic_to_new_brain_synapses/
    they are trying to save face here and sell more poisonous drugs..

I got a nice buzz off of lyric, neurotins .. but not worth it long term.
    Even drug we do for fun, we dont do every day(other than cannabis) we dont take drugs like that. Having to rely on drugs to live everyday is one form of addiction to another. They may make you believe you need this, but you really dont.

MS also effects your mental health. Decision making skills are impaired. These synapses are very important in quick thinking and judgement..

8. Driftwood Gypsy

Driftwood Gypsy Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

SWIM has been playing with Gabbies, quite fun when you don't have anything else available, feels like a good indica sativa hybrid.

9. eggsprog

eggsprog anti gang marriage HipForums Supporter

you don't need that SWIM shit here, nobody is coming to get you.

10. Driftwood Gypsy

ok!:) i wasn't sure if it went against tos or anything, so just being careful....

11. happydude_60

happydude_60 Senior Member

I've been prescribed Gabapentin for 8 years for diabetic neuropathy, and at the prescribed dosage (1200mg/day) I've noticed no ill effects. I was experiencing the entire range of unpleasant sensations in my lower legs and feet. Right out of nowhere I would have the sensation of a scalpel cutting across the bottom of my big toe, and it would repeat every 10-15 sec. sometimes for hours at a time. Also, numbness, cold, burning, pins and needles, stabbing, you name it. Sometimes it would feel like electrical storms going off in my legs and feet. Within a few days of starting Gabapentin most of it disappeared.

I have taken it recreationally though, and to ease opiate wd symptoms, for which it works quite well. This requires much higher doses though, (2800mg+/day). At these doses I have noticed negative effects. The first day or so is very euphoric and relaxing. I've never taken ecstasy, but I've heard it described as a mild ecstasy experience, especially in how you relate to people and enjoy music. But after 2-3 days the euphoric feeling fades, (to me at least) and it makes me lethargic and dull-witted to the point that simple mundane tasks become difficult. It makes me want to drink water by the quart, and yet it's hard to urinate. As a previous poster said, it can also cause diarrhea. It also increases my appetite to the point that I just want to sit on the sofa and eat constantly while staring blankly at the tv. I wouldn't want to take doses of it that high for extended periods, and fortunately I don't feel the need to since I had my pain med scripts adjusted. But at the prescribed dose it's been like a godsend for my neuropathic pain.

12. Driftwood Gypsy

i find it feels a bit like a weak pot, but at higher doses gets more fun.

Fruitjuicebox likes this.
  13. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Never got anything out of it...

14. Driftwood Gypsy

i've heard that a lot. the person i get it from who has a prescription says it does absolutely nothing for him, so he gives them to me.

15. IllCanabillyVanilly

IllCanabillyVanilly Senior Member

not trying to start a flame war but i found the majority of people who say it does nothing are hard core drug users with riduclously high expectations. you just gotta relax. i enjoy the buzz from gabapentin. it helps immensely with my social anxiety. if ur the type of person to take a drug and sit there all pissed off waiting for it to kick in then its not for you.

16. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

^hey there IllCanabillyVanilly .. haven't seen you here in a while!

Yeah, ive found that gabapentin feels nice, but can't be done a lot of too often because tolerance builds up quick to the dose you are used to

17. IllCanabillyVanilly

IllCanabillyVanilly Senior Member

ya its been a while. ive just been busy lately and plus i really havent had much to discuss. plus my only source of internet is on my cell phone and i get bad connection due to so many trees in my area.

18. Driftwood Gypsy

yeah, that's a big part, and you're definitely not starting a flame war. some people are hardcore users and either have a high tolorance or simply can't feel the more subtle energies. or, they aren't taking enough in the case of Gabbies. some people are more sensitive to drugs than others.

19. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

someone who takes 10 xanax bars to get a buzz won't feel it, not with that kind of tolerance

gabapentin would probably make the withdrawal from that a little more bearable tho, and prevent seizures ;)

20. TopNotchStoner

TopNotchStoner Georgia Homegrown

I thought the same thing about gabapentin and pregabalin(Lyrica). They both made me feel a little better while I was withdrawing from alprazolam, and were especially good for the headaches, but they didn't prevent the seizures.