Full Immersion 420 Lifestyle

Discussion in 'Marijuana Growing Techniques' started by cookiecache, Oct 19, 2015.

1. cookiecache

cookiecache Member

Would you give living in civillizition if you could legally grow and sell marijuana? (Note: legal by State Law, Fed law still makes all growing illegal.) Does living in a little cabin in the woods with a large garden out back sound like the good life? WELL....

Please check out Weed Alaska in Communial Living http://www.hipforums.com/forum/topic/470191-welcome-to-weed-alaska/

I am serious, and looking for like minded people for this project starting next spring. Vets are welcome and encourged to apply!

2. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

growing season is too short in Alaska....every grower knows this...that is why none of them live in Alaska

dude....we already have the lifestyle...with the garden....and we don't have to travel over frozen tundra to get home...or own a snowmobile

2 people like this.
  3. cookiecache

cookiecache Member

- Rollingalong, I lived and grew in Alaska for many years. Not only are there growers in the Great Land, they are among the very best in the world. Think of this, growing for home personal use has been legal since 1974 (Alaska court - Raven Decision). Your comment is about like someone from California saying they can't grow in Canada because it is too cold. (Try to tell that to BC Bud, ha ha ha)

Alaska has a VERY strong grow culture. Ever heard of Alaska Thunder Fuck? Greenhouse and light depo can work where there is no electrical grid to run lights. I have a nice grow site here in Oregon, but would much rather move everything back up North where I can truely live free.

4. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

how much does a gallon of milk cost up there or fresh produce?

2 people like this.
  5. Gongshaman

Gongshaman Modus Lascivious

^^^...deisel fuel for the generator, gas for the snowmobile (or fish heads for the sled dogs, lol)... coffee, tobacco and alcohol for that long dark depressing time of year, lol

6. deleted

deleted Visitor

I remember being inspired to indoor grow by Alaska back in the 80 s letting the frosty air in the winter into the grow to get those purple tops costly ebill for the most part

7. Blu3sLady

Blu3sLady Members

The land outside of Anchorage is gorgeous. Loved my Alaskan visit.. but dang.. those winters. One of my sisters lives outside of Wasilla and she loves it up there. She's tried to get me to move there forever... and they've always been relaxed about herbage in Alaska.. so there is that... but, I guess I'm not rugged enough to deal with Alaskan winters.

Good luck on your venture, hun. It IS one of the most beautiful areas of the country.

8. cookiecache

cookiecache Member

Here is the best government estimate of the value of the Alaska pot market. "The state did not provide a revenue projection, though the report estimates annual consumption among residents will range from 102,000 ounces to 384,000 ounces", according to the Alaska Dispatch News. Add to this all the pot tourist....

Now, let's do the math. An ounce runs about $300 in the Matsu valley and around $600 a ounce in Bush villages. The low end number of about 100,000 ounces make the market value of at least 30 million dollars.... let that sink in a moment. Many places in the state are racing to use the local control part of the new laws to stop all commercial marijuana activity. Palmer has a total ban, and many other areas are trying to follow suit. After a growsite (or any marijuana business) has been established, it can remain in operation even if the local area changes its position on growing.

I had worried that the Native Peoples would rule the growing business, but many elders are dead-set against pot. They don't want it around to "ruin the youth of thier village." By setting-up now in a community that is pro-marijuana we can hold a good part of the Alaska legal weed market.

This really is your chance to get in on the ground floor of the Alaska green rush.

9. Gongshaman

Gongshaman Modus Lascivious

Yep it's all about the money. My wish is one day it's legal federally. Then market forces will put an end to these rediculous street prices.

Weed is cheaper to grow than tobacco, and indeed some of the best weed in the world right now is being grown outdoors in the tobacco states.
    Wait till RJ reynolds and the like start producing weed. Bye bye street prices, bye bye greedy dealer/ provider/ dispensary.
    Growing weed will be more like a hobby for people that want to still do that, like home brewing or wine making.

10. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

I already live in the woods and can legally grow. I could never deal with Alaska though.

1 person likes this.