fuhgeddaboudit part 4

Discussion in 'Vegetarian' started by daydreamingdaisy, Jun 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

In your case, you not having stocked up on ketchup in your pantry

I'm joking

(I can see the ketchup bottle is full through the telescope)

I'm joking

(I actually hacked your web cam)

Last edited: Jun 27, 2018
  2. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

How do you know a human being is delicious? :confounded:

3. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

No. I like animals and wish the best for them but I'm on no moral crusade for their welfare. I do have my own ethics regarding this but that's personal and I don't wish to discuss that in this context. It's about simplifying my life and doing what I feel is wholesome for me. Yes I could go for a nice juicy steak and as I said I will be eating meat and dairy when I go to France. My family is generally dismissive of vegetarianism, wouldn't understand and I need a holiday so when in Rome...I don't seek to dissuade others from their eating habits and fully accept meat eating is part of human culture yada yada.

guerillabedlam likes this.
  4. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Well to begin with it's against the law to cannibalize another human being.

Kuru is the second reason. According to wiki kuru is an incurable neurodegenerative disease caused by the practice of cannibalism.
    Otherwise it’s "I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti" a la Hannibal Lecter

Last edited: Jun 27, 2018
  5. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

The vegetarian/vegan argument that goes like since a meat eater likes meat therefore they should like _________ (humans or fill in the blank with any other odd or non-socially accepted animal to eat: Dog, Cat, etc)

is like as silly as asking a vegetarian/vegan since you like veggies and fruit you should even eat poisonous plants and berries.

Obviously other factors are involved in people's respective consumption.

6. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i do prefer things that slide onto my bone.

Bicaptain My Captain likes this.
  7. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

Yeah, my mind was doing something with the 'Muslims In China' thread.

[​IMG]

Every time I read it my mind would fill in the 'p' word with, er...something other than 'pork.'

8. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

Kuru is a prison disease, just like scrapie, mad cow and Variant Creutzfeld-Jacob disease.

9. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

I think you mean prion [​IMG]

BTW I remember back in the late 1980s when a group of scientists buried a piece of brain in the ground infected with bovine spongiform encephalopathy (BSE) for a period of up to one year and it didn’t kill it.

Last edited: May 8, 2019
  10. drumminmama

Mental note, phone AutoIncorrect is worse than tablet.
    Yes, prion.

It’s suggested that deer and elk got transmissible spongiform encephalopathy courtesy of Colorado State researchers putting mule deer on land where scrapie experiments were done previously.
    The deer were released, it jumped to their elk cousins.
    This is why animals are killed after experimentation.

11. drumminmama

im pretty sure no animal volunteers for the slaughterhouse.
    Say what you need to not change.

12. Running Horse

Running Horse A Buddha in hiding from himself

Well shit we got ourselves another pious high horser. So tell me miss you a vegan or vegetarian? If so you reckon you're better cause you take the life of a plant to keep yourself livin' over an animal? Show me the moral hijinks you gotta get upto in your head to make that work. You elevate the value of one life whilst devaluin' another. If you really gave a flyin' fuck about any life besides your own you'd stop eatin', kill yourself off to save all the poor beings on this planet from your hideous appetite.

But hey you just go right on bein' a Goddamn hypocrite.......

13. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

It's about the central nervous system and suffering. I don't get why your personality and the way you talk to people changes depending on where you live, but you were a hell of a lot more pleasant when you were working at the shelter. Every post I read of yours recently seems angry and judgemental. What happened to all the Christian love stuff?

14. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

I had a Rebel Whopper for lunch today

Thats what they are called here, BK whoppers with a patty made out of - they say "plant based" so you dont find out its made of soy protein. But made to look and taste like a beef patty

I have to say, it was pretty damn tasty

15. Running Horse

So you believe that a plant can't experience sufferin' to the same extent as an animal......

If a person puts their ignorant hypocrisy out there to be judged hell yes I'll judge it. Most never bother to actually determine why they believe the way they do or how logically cohesive their opinions are. All about the damn feelings.

You apparently weren't payin' attention when I was in the shelter. My posts were almost always about tryin' to keep my head down and not get kicked out for my lack of belief. I had no choice but to accept and ignore the hypocrisy there.....

16. drumminmama

I want to clarify, you basically told me to die, yes?
    Because your inner Buddha has fled.

I have a hideous appetite? I eat one meal a day. My food is local ish, around a 250 mile circle. I do not require sentient being to die for me. Crops are annuals. Orchards go on for decades.
    Spices are obviously farther afield, but I bet you have salt and pepper, coffee or tea, too.

But it’s ok for you to require an animal dies, which has been fed on grains and took life cycle from those plants, damaged some wildlife in the field, and the life of said animal, no matter the quality of life, because you are somehow better than humans who eat plants only?

If you want to eat meat, fine. But don’t put lipstick on your pig and say it “sacrificed its life.”
    Its life was taken.

17. drumminmama

No, a plant and an animal both respond to stimuli. Only animals are biologically capable of pain, as we understand it.
    Sunflowers, famously, track sun to their benefit.
    An animal has a nervous system that registers pain. They react to pain and fear.

My dietary choices are made in the awareness of impact on the earth (first). I’m seeking to use less.
    Secondly, I cannot be the direct cause of a loss of life. Slaughter makes me, an end consumer, a direct cause. I cannot square with that, so I don’t take part.

again, eat what you want. But face it’s reality, and don’t cloak it in terms suggesting the animal chose to die. Because that would not stand up to logic.

18. Running Horse

Sure if that is your take away from the obvious condemnation of your own moral hijinks so be it.

You should probably look up what constitutes sentient life. Pigs cows and chickens don't.

Rest of that basically boils down to yet more backflips done to accentuate your superiority.

Someday you should look up the statistics for how many animals die just so you can eat all green.

I know where all my meat comes from and have a direct hand in it's endin' up on my plate. I know that it is 100% grass fed beef, pastured pork, and compost fed chicken. I have a hand in raisin' each animal and plant that ends up feedin' me. I suffer no delusions about my place nor my choices in relation. How bout you?

19. drumminmama

You are twisting hard to defend something I didn’t condemn.
    I only said that the animal doesn’t self sacrifice.

When I eat fish, I catch and clean myself with the exception of a dear friend who brings me salmon once a year. He caught and cleaned it himself.
    I might have fish once a year. (I was 100 percent vegetarian for 32 years.)
    I take responsibility for taking that life. It’s blood is literally on my hands.
    So, I don’t take that lightly.
    I didn’t even enjoy a mass harvest of the garden ahead of a freeze.

ETA: for the record, sentience at a very basic definition is a being that feels, senses.
    animals definitely feel. Their behaviors show us they feel pain.
    animal rights advocate and philosopher Peter Singer drew his personal line at bivalves, based on zoological studies.
    Pigs, cows, horses, goats, sheep are all sentient.

Plants? Well, is not a nervous system. It’s more seeking light.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2019
    YouFreeMe likes this.
  20. drumminmama

Also, you do realize you are posting in the veg section?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.