fucking fuck.

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by hummblebee, Jun 9, 2006.

1. hummblebee

hummblebee hipstertist.

sorry for the profanity, but I've just spent half my night updating my site in dreamweaver, only to have my godamn computer crash just this minute, lose all my most recent data, and find that even my last save is fucking corrupted now. 6 hours worth of work destroyed, all because my computer randomly decided to fucking reboot. AGGHEHHEHEHHV:FKHA:KGwrgrrk! :mad:

2. Xac

Xac Visitor

Oh damn, that sucks bad... i know what that feels like... worse part is trying to re-do it when you already had it just right...

3. indian~summer

indian~summer yo ho & a bottle of yum

damn that sucks, another example of why i hate computers :D
    do you have an ibm?
    cause they're especially evil...nazi bastards...
    hope you can get it back, maybe its hidden somewhere in the hard drive?

4. hummblebee

hummblebee hipstertist.

It's all the detail is what I lost - I'm listing my glass up for sale, so it's all about having the shit in the right order, and having the best pic, and the right MEASUREMENTS (I already feel like I'm going blind from squinting at my ruler all night) And almost worse than all that is, my bf will be home from his night shift in a couple hours and I'll have NOTHING to show for my time!

5. HikerHauk

HikerHauk Banned

Hiker Hauk saves his work every 5 minutes.

6. hummblebee

hummblebee hipstertist.

my work WAS saved, not even half an hour ago. the html is somehow corrupted. Even notebook won't open it. Argh.... *pulls dreads out*

7. indian~summer

that sucks i know measurements are a bitch
    just take a break from it, relax and then go back and it'll all work out :)

8. DQ Veg

DQ Veg JUSTYNA'S TIGER

I know how you feel. I've had a lot of computer problems lately. You'll spend so much time trying to do something and it's all for nothing. You can't live with them and you can't live without them.

9. HikerHauk

HikerHauk Banned

Oh that sucks:(

10. hummblebee

hummblebee hipstertist.

I just want to curl up in a ball, my first reaction was to pick up the phone so I could call someone and vent, but every damn person I know is asleep. Thank god for forums - a wonderful outlet for all my frustration!

11. Purple_Pan_Man

Purple_Pan_Man Member

its called XP look into it ;) an if yer xp crashes, you need a norton, or a mcafee heh heh.. i used to edit videos for a small studio using NT4 now THAT was FUN DOODAH!!!

12. Xac

Xac Visitor

Thats good advice, because if you do it again straight away its just going to be an inferior copy.

13. hummblebee

hummblebee hipstertist.

I'm not even gonna mess with it again till after I eat, smoke and probably sleep. (all of which will wait till after Ian gets home) I am running xp, but with plenty of virus protection etc. It's a hardware problem. It's a compaq laptop, a year and a half old ( I know compaq sucks, we bought it because it's the most top-notch[systemwise, not qualitywise] we could get for our money). Luckily I've been working with computers all my life (not an exageration) so I know how to diagnose these things. The extended warrenty is up in September, so I plan to send it in before then with a list of everything wrong and basically have them rebuild it! In the meantime, I think I might have to invest in a cheapo desktop box to use for a workstation - those, I can fix myself in a heatbeat!

14. Samhain

Samhain Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

oh bollocks
    thats what i would have said
    S

15. andcrs2

andcrs2 Senior Member

is it heat related?

16. indian~summer

oh man, i have a god damn compaq
    that i haven't be able to use since like november
    i know mine has alot of viruses and it wont let me do anything online, but thats all i know about it...
    its crap man, its crap
    i'd just through it out the window and be done with it, but that's just me :D

17. hummblebee

hummblebee hipstertist.

At its root, yeah it probably is a heat problem (these laptops have fery poor air circulation for the processor/video speed - even a cooling pad with an external power source doesn't help that much), but I think what it is at this point is a failing motherboard. I've seen it happen before, and unfortunatly from prior experience I know that I'll need to let it get worse before I can make it better, because the morons at compaqs Milpedas shop don't know anything about troubleshooting (like, uh, duh, you need to actually RUN stuff on it for it to overload/overheat - you can't simulate an error like that by just turning the damn thing on and leaving it to run the battery down in "diagnostic" startup mode!)

18. andcrs2

andcrs2 Senior Member

Back your hd up then hit every port w/a cattle prod.
    That should kill it dead - minimal trouble shooting for the idiots...

19. hummblebee

hummblebee hipstertist.

lol... wouldn't that void the warrenty? On the bright side, when the rom drive wears down (which it has at least 4 times since we bought it) or the hd dies (3 times) they send us a new one without question, and even upgraded us to a dvd burner from a dvd-rom/cd-rw...
    That was nice. :)

20. indian~summer

i didn't get none of that :confused: