fucking cops in the driveway

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by masterofpuppest, Apr 7, 2007.

1. masterofpuppest

masterofpuppest blank

And by the way, I am not condoning his drinking and driving, but the cop didn't even turn on his lights until my boyfriend was in the driveway and he didn't even see the cop until he got out of the car and he told him to get back in the car, so he pulled him over on his own property, which, as far as I know, they aren't allowed to do.. And I am definitely not a cop-hater, but like I said I knew the kid, and he is a dick. And when he blew in the breathalizer he was barely over the limit. Like I said, not condoning the behavior but there's no reason for peple to get mean about it, geez.

2. Dudley Do Right

Dudley Do Right In Your Head

If they had reason to believe that he had been drinking or why would they be following him in the first place….They DO have the right to come on to anyone’s property if they have reasonable cause....They can even arrest you for riding your mower if they see you drinking….Now don’t get me wrong, I don’t condone the behavior of some cops and some get carried away at times, but we can’t have anarchy….

3. masterofpuppest

masterofpuppest blank

But that's the thing.. he didn't. He wasn't speeding or swerving or anything and when he asked why he pulled him over he said he saw him coming behind him so he pulled into a parking lot to get behind him and then said that my boyfriend "must have been flying" up the street he turned up because he didn't catch up to him until he got to his road, and so he followed him into the driveway. He didn't do anything wrong...

And plus people have been telling me that he is known for harrassing people. One of my friends said that he pulled her mom over twice in one week saying that she was swerving both times but it was just cuz it was right after 2, which is what time my bf got pulled over. (right after the bars close)

4. masterofpuppest

masterofpuppest blank

I mean, whatever, not that I'm arguing with it, it's his fault that he was drinking, but I guess he is going to try and fight it.

5. LetLovinTakeHold

LetLovinTakeHold Cuz it will if you let it

Thats fucked up. When I got a DUI I spent about 15 hours in the "Drunk tank" and had to go to court in a orange jump suit chained to about 6 other guys...all with shackles and cuffs. I even had to stay the night in the drunk tank when a cop found a fuckin roach in my ash tray. I was completely sober at the time too, but still had to stay the night.

6. masterofpuppest

masterofpuppest blank

Yea I was a little surprised that they didn't put him in, but it might have been because he was already home? I dunno.

7. Zoomie

Zoomie My mom is dead, ok?

Ok see you didn't say that the cop was known for harrassing people, or any of that, you kept saying "FUCKING COP" like the entire affair was the cop's fault.

OTOH, barely over the limit is OVER THE LIMIT. Over the limit means your BF is a felon. These are now the facts as you have stated them. Unless you're the lawyer who is preparing to defend him there really isn't a gray area here. These laws are in place because morons like your boyfriend drink, drive and kill people and they do it as willingly as any other murderer.

To quote Sammy Davis Jr., "Don't do the crime if you can't do the time".

8. Zoomie

So which is it? Did you get a DUI or did you sue the jurisdiction fr false arrest? The roach is a separate matter, but did you get a DUI or not?

9. masterofpuppest

masterofpuppest blank

I realized that I said "fucking" a lot when I was reading over it, but I was all worked up because it was happening, I didn't mean it like, "that fucking cop!" I meant it like, "omg a fucking cop is in the driveway"

10. masterofpuppest

masterofpuppest blank

I think he was talking about 2 seperate occasions

11. LetLovinTakeHold

LetLovinTakeHold Cuz it will if you let it

It doesn't make him a felon, not unless it's a repeated offense.

12. Zoomie

It does in MD. Depends on the state. They tried to pass legislation in Arizona that if you got caught DUI/DWI it was a mandatory one year in jail. Luckily it failed.

13. Zoomie

hehehe ok, I gotcha. I was gonna use the "FUCKIN' CAMPGROUND WORKER" angle but it didn't work and as a hiker I like campground workers. You spoiled it...

14. Dudley Do Right

Oh, The Drama!!!!

15. masterofpuppest

masterofpuppest blank

lol.. sorry

16. Dudley Do Right

No, please carry on, if you look at it from a different perspective, it’s really quite comical…

17. lace_and_feet

lace_and_feet Super Member

Ohhh--this thread finally makes sense to me. I didn't realize the "kid" you knew WAS the cop because in my mind every cop is at least 45 years old and has a thick mustache.

It sucks when dickheaded powertrippers get into positions of authority.

18. stinkfoot

stinkfoot truth

Unfortunately such positions attract power trippers disproportionately.

19. Zoomie

OK, now I get it. Nevermind.

20. Posthumous

Posthumous Resident Smartass

Ohhh--I thought two 45 years old cops with thick mustaches were fucking in the driveway.