Fucken Bullshit Laws

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by BraveSirRubin, Apr 19, 2007.

1. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

I just got this e-mail from my school, and this is just the beginning:

"
    To all international students:

In reaction to the incident at Virginia Tech University, the Office of
    Housing and Residence Life has decided to make a change in their policy
    in order to provide extra security to students living as residents on
    the campus of UCA. As of yesterday, Housing has decided to keep all
    residence halls locked on a 24 hour-a-day basis. The only way to
    access
    your residence hall is with your student identification card or with a
    key. Be sure to check your ID cards to make sure that they are
    functioning properly. If your card is not working, or if you notice
    that a card scanner is broken, be sure to notify your housing staff as
    soon as possible.

Blah blah blah..."

...and this is only the beginning.

Fucken America.

2. LuckyStripe

LuckyStripe Mundane.

Wtf.

That is for real?

And its really to "international students" .. now i've heard it all....
    Wow....

3. stinkfoot

stinkfoot truth

Perfectly understandable that it be directed strictly at international students... It has been proven by practically irrefutable hearsay that a rifle fired at point blank range from a citizen is 37.14% less dangerous that that from a foreigner- especially if the foreigner isn't also carrying a bible and is chewing mint flavored gum.

4. whichaxe

whichaxe Member

Eh.. plenty of urban schools have this policy in place already... It was like that when I went to BU. The address to 'international students' is intriguing though.

Perhaps I'm overoptimistic, but I'm going to hold on to a hope that the US doesn't blow this out of proportion for international students.

5. stinkfoot

stinkfoot truth

When there's political hay to be made how can anything else happen? Brace for the overreaction.

6. Nalencer

Nalencer Dig Yourself

This is exactly the point. I'm not saying the VA Tech massacre was definately planned, but even if it wasn't, it's definately being jumped on to make all kinds of changes to campus security. And this is just the beginning.

7. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

WTF? that guy who did the shooting would have had a card, too. that's fucking stupid. it's got nothing to do with the shooting.

8. Posthumous

Posthumous Resident Smartass

They're just doing it to stop a recent rash of panty raids, rumored the mastermind of some sicko with initials BSR. Because of him, half of all females on campus are now completely without underwear.

9. Wheels

Wheels Member

I went to college in Philadelphia and that procedure had always been in place there, nothing new about it. Sounds like your school is using an isolated incident to enact some changes it has been meaning to make tho.

10. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

The procedure being in place in other schools is irrelevant... it is the fact that this is placed in my school as a direct result of the VT shooting that is relevant and disgusting.

11. LuckyStripe

LuckyStripe Mundane.

Rubin, why was it just to students from other countries? That is what gets me.

12. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

Well, there is a rather big international student population at UCA, and most of them live in dorms...so I would guess that they would be the first to know...

Pllllllus, I bet everyone was notified of this in the school newspaper or some crap, but it will affect international students more than gringos.

13. whichaxe

whichaxe Member

Hmm.. you gotta point there....

Oh well... at least we're winning the war on terror.... :p

14. LuckyStripe

LuckyStripe Mundane.

Anything that starts with "the war on...." and then goes into a concept... scares me.

15. ruski

ruski Senior Member

that's what im thinking

16. Zoomie

Zoomie My mom is dead, ok?

Well we gotta keep tabs on these foreigners somehow. The Patriot Act sure isn't stopping them from killing people.:rolleyes:

17. antithesis

antithesis Hello

When I lived in the dorms they were locked 24/7 and we always had to use our key as well as our PIN number to get in, I think it's a good thing to do in a residence hall personally. I liked knowing that not just anyone would waltz in at any time. Just so long as they don't take it further... which they very well might.

18. Heat

Heat Smile, it's contagious! :) Lifetime Supporter

Let us look at bullshit laws.....after the fact all theese so called things come to light...or is this just reading into the rage of how this could of happened. Every indicater was there that there was a problem.. I just love this whole thing of after there are at least 50 people who knew and did bugger all, other than later tell people they knew.

It is not acceptable nor it is a place where "most" of the population is either conflict resolution......but it did happen.

Your outrage in the case in point is noted but to be honest in mind set of so may of our times......live with the doubt and the safety percausions, as little as they strip away your so callled freedom.....as what freedom do those who are no dead have.

You have that as you are able to post. For that I am thankful.

19. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

Heat, your post is awfully hard to read. even though I think that I understand what you are getting at, and no... I have always have had these freedoms, and I need no laws to protect them, the laws that are already imposed are enough.

Ya, you know... I don't mind it too much, even though this means that I can't just randomly enter dorms to harass friends, but... that's alright... (Even though I know at least one way to enter practically every dorm on campus...... a door that unlocks when you kick it, a window that's never locked, etc...)

But they will take it further...

20. mitten_kitten

mitten_kitten daisymae

Probably because the shooter was a foreign student...and don't you know that makes them all loose cannons :rolleyes:

I won't even travel to the US right now...not when, as a foreigner, the only thing I have going for me is the colour of my skin...