Fuck Huffington Post

Discussion in 'The Media' started by Mr. Bleak, Jun 3, 2013.

1. Mr. Bleak

Mr. Bleak Member

I am sure many people know here, but for those that don't.

I always get my news from several different news sources (if possible) then put it all together, red between the lines, and arrive at something that is probably (hopefully) close to the truth. Huffington Post is a pretty good site as they will often report things not found in the mainstream. Over the past year or so I have seen some terrible changes over there. First and foremost, they have begun to censor the comment section. And I mean blatantly not posting comments that go against their liberal agenda. Hell, I didn't even know they were liberal leaning in the beginning. Just thought they were a decent paper that cared about the truth.

So now, and it didn't use to be this way, every comment has to get processed. It will even tell you how many comments are pending. Not only do they use it to censor comments but it interrupts the conversations that used to take place in their comments section. I never cuss or say anything inappropriate when I comment there. The most recent example: someone says something about the republicans attempting to control our lives and take freedom away, I point out that Obama and his administration have done a lot of damage to our freedoms. This doesn't get posted...there have been others as well. Whether you agree or not, that should have been posted as it was relevant to the conversation.

Also, a few month back they took the comments section off of the mobile version completely. It is back now but it appears to be under the same censorship mode. Also, they have a new layout on the mobile version. Of the 10 stories I clicked on at least 5 were only a very short summary with a link at the bottom to read the Associated Press story. If I wanted the AP's take on something I could just as easily go to countless other news sites.

The reason this all pisses me off so much is because it didn't use to be that way. It was sort of an oasis one could go to to read and discuss important news.

Anyways, sorry for the rant. Just really angry and a little depressed to see a good, free website go the way of all the rest of the controlled media outlets. :mad:

2. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

Hmm... I also noticed that CNN's website comments section is just the same way..
    and yea, that's really annoying.

3. Cherea

Cherea Senior Member

Didn't they have beef with Andrew Breitbart?

4. BlueLightRain

BlueLightRain Member

I've noticed that on MSM sites, the comments get turned off when the views expressed by the commentators are on the liberal side. Any time there is a story like the one where the 5 year old shot and killed his 2 year old sister and the comments touch too closely on the truth, they get deleted.

5. Voyage

Voyage Noam Sayin

[​IMG]

Ooooooooooooh!!!!

When Skip sees this, you're gonna be in so much trouble !!!

6. Mr. Bleak

Mr. Bleak Member

7. Voyage

Voyage Noam Sayin

^^^ kiddin around Buddy. Skip has a sense of humour.

:leaving:

8. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Good idea... :leaving:

9. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

the huffington post got bought out by aol a while back

it's unfortunate, but that's how things are today. any sense of journalistic ethics has gone straight down the toilet.

it's all about promoting an agenda.

freedom of the press in america today just means the freedom of the people who control the media to manipulate people

10. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Huff post is Fox News for democrats

11. Existensile

Existensile Member

Have you seen Antiwar.com? I found it a coupla years ago by accident: someone I worked w/ years back writes a column for it.

12. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

Thats what MSM garbage is all about!! (Keeping ppl IN THE DARK and in control)

13. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

1984. She's a creepin' up on us. No Cronkites left,only cardboard cutouts on the boob tube. Feel sorry for you youngins. "They" are just begging for an armed insurrection--as the constitution ALLOWS and RECOMMENDS when "our" government no longer suits us. Maybe one day, citizens will tire of being jerked around by the not-so-hidden agenda of the power elite.

14. Voyage

Voyage Noam Sayin

only if enough people can speak out against the tranquilizers... i sometimes fear the population is so engrossed in who Kim K is fucking or they voluntarily submit to digital brainwashing by Fox or MSNBC or CNN on a daily basis.

drink your alcohol, watch your sports and sit there. nevermind what we're doing in city hall or Washington, just refer to your local Fox News station for official news updates.

15. Voyage

Voyage Noam Sayin

just like our parents did for us.
    i respectfully disagree with your Cronkite notion because even though he was a good newsman, he toed the CBS line like a good mainstream journalist. its easy to think there aren't many real journalists left when we're all bombarded with talking head maniquins like Keith Olberman Glenn Beck and Rush.

Check this cat out, broadcasting over satellite into most of the middle east. Dude faces threats and govt death squads every day he's alive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkiEXLSLhuw"]Bassem Youssef's Albernameg - S02E08 (part2)- English subtitles - YouTube

the way it's supposed to work is that if we don't like Huff Post, we're free to go start our own shit but in a lot of other countries, talking like we do here gets you killed.

16. Mr. Bleak

Mr. Bleak Member

We are in the Brave New World of 1984 right now. And, yes, they do want us to revolt. They are ready and have been waiting. It will be the final stage, one way or the other.

Again I say, Fuck HuffPo
    For those that don't know, they always have a cover story. The first thing you see when you arrive at the home page. It usually has some lame ass headline in GIANT letters, these have gotten much worse as time has passed. I think the guy that comes up with them must be a trickster at heart cuz they can be quite ridiculous. I open with this explanation because I just came from the ol' Huff Peezy and have a prime example here: 6/23/13 9:29 PM ET By:philip Elliott "OUR MAN IN ECUADOR?" (yep, that was the lame ass headline) and here is a link to the article, an AP article...front page.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/23/edward-snowden-ecuador_n_3487546.html

Read it, carefully...

Perfect example of why I hate AP in general and why I am so sad to see what The Huffington Post has become.

17. Maelstrom

Maelstrom Banned

Should this not be in the whiners section?

18. Mr. Bleak

Mr. Bleak Member

Why, oh, why are there so many people like you roaming the internet?

First of all, pal, this is what is commonly referred to as "venting." You see, as time has passed I have built up anger and resentment for HP. I needed to rid myself of some of that and so decided to "vent" my feelings. I chose this site because I figured a decent amount of folks here had read their fair share of The Huff. Also, because there is usually a smaller concentration of douches here.

I suppose you walk around telling people that they are whining when they "vent" about their favorite sports team, or their spouse, or their disenchantment with their political party.

I suppose that folks who come on this site and want to talk about their relationships in a negative light should all head to the whiners section and bypass the relationship section etc. etc.

Or is it just that you are in love with HuffPo and are defending her honor?

You could have at least added something constructive to the conversation instead of just coming in here whining about what you perceive as whining. :troll:

19. AmyDaugherty

AmyDaugherty Banned

thats freaky crazy they must strictly be banned here

20. deleted

deleted Visitor

my comment on the HP are the same as the HF.. nuts..