Fuck Buddy/Friend with Benefits

Discussion in 'Free Love' started by sexquestions88, Jun 6, 2018.

1. sexquestions88

sexquestions88 Members

I'm new here and I'm hoping I'm posting in the right place. I'm in my late 20's and I've only had sex with girls I've dated. I've never had a fuck buddy or friend with benefits. I would like to try a fb/fwb situation but I have no idea how people initiate these. So for those of you that have had these kind of arrangements...do you just pick a friend and talk to them about it first? How do you talk to someone about NSA sex? I have a particular friend in mind that I'd love to have sex with but not a relationship. I've been single for a few months and I'd love to be fuck buddies with her.

2. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

as far as i can tell, it's a fictional concept that was introduced by people on the internet who like to fantasize.

3. Si69

Si69 Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Not at all....nothing like fwb or fuckbuddy whatever your inclination

Simon :)

4. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

If you try it you can say goodbye to that friendship.

Widgeon likes this.
  5. Joboo6

Joboo6 Members

Definitely not fantasy, but most all of my time enjoying this was in the 70's and 80's. I had one from 10th grade until we were 22. She was a girlfriend in 10th grade and we broke up but continued to "get together" six or more years after that.

6. quark

quark Parts Unknown

OP strikes me more as a fleshlight kind of guy.

Better be careful though. Those things can break your heart. :sob:

7. g65389pon

g65389pon Members

I had a fwb in high school and college time afterwards and we’ve been married almost 27 years.

8. sexquestions88

sexquestions88 Members

Well for those of you that have tried it, how did you approach the person about fwb?

9. Alice in SC

Alice in SC Senior Member

I had a fuck Buddy for about 25 year's and he and I and hubby are still Great Friends!

10. g65389pon

g65389pon Members

I had dated my wife for about a month our sophomore year and our junior year I knew she was interested in me and I talked shit to her while my girlfriend was out of town. She finally stopped turned around and said if you’re not there I’ll kill you. She pulled up I was waiting 3k plus times since we have enjoyed each other

11. sexquestions88

sexquestions88 Members

Your husband is friends with him too? I'm surprised he isn't jealous

Alice in SC likes this.
  12. Alice in SC

Alice in SC Senior Member

All is good! we get along Great!

13. sexquestions88

sexquestions88 Members

Well that's cool! I had an ex that had quite a few fuck buddies in college, and I loved hearing stories about her encounters. It was a huge turn on. But I wouldn't have wanted to meet any of them.

Alice in SC and jmadre like this.
  14. lcfan

lcfan Guest

Some people can do this. I had one for many years, but both of you basically know that it'll never be more. And that's not easy. I know in my case, feelings developed on her side. I was attracted to her physically, so one night after a party, I kissed her. If she wouldn't have reciprocated, it would have stopped there. But it didn't, and we had a lot of fun. But feelings always enter from what I've heard. FWB is more than friendship. But it goes to show that some people think sex is no big deal. I dispute that. Sex isn't something I would do with just anyone. And if pressed and asked exacting questions, I think most would be trapped into saying that they value people they have sex with more than normal friends.

15. Dr. Banner84

Dr. Banner84 Members

You’ve pretty much hit it right on the head as far as I can see. I’ve tried countless times to keep it in the FWB zone but it’s damn near impossible because SOMEONE is gonna catch feelings or at the very least show some jealous tendencies. Most of the time it’s been the woman but I’m not scared to admit that I have also took things in a direction the other party wasn’t willing to go. I’ve fucked up a good thing at least 3 times in my life because I got in my feelings. I don’t really don’t know what it is. You’d think practicality in an ideal situation would win out but once feelings get involved, all of a sudden it turns into an ownership situation with a need for titles and unreasonable stipulations.

16. olderndirt

olderndirt Senior Member

My wife had a few FWBs in college. When they went out on a date, she told each one that she was committed to me, although I was miles away at another college. But, she said, "Let's have fun." Word got around that a couple of rum and Cokes got her pants off, so her casual dating seemed to usually end with sex. The guys may have wanted to steal her from me, but she never let them think that was possible. Those who could live with that remained as fuck buddies until we got engaged..

17. TrudginAcrossTheTundra

TrudginAcrossTheTundra Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

That's pretty damn cool of you to go along with that! And pretty damn cool of her to know how to separate sex from love and be honest with you about enjoying it with other guys and with them about being physically available but emotionally attached to you!
    I don't know anyone personally who's emotionally mature enough for either role. That's some groundbreaking shit right there. Big kudos to both of you for handling it so effectively.

jmadre and olderndirt like this.
  18. RainyDayHype

RainyDayHype flower power Lifetime Supporter

Pretty much. One person is bound to fall in love with the other and then it isn't FWB anymore.

19. Kaiju

Kaiju Members

This is what happens, and its hard to escape from, then it spoils everything :(

20. olderndirt

olderndirt Senior Member

If I had known she was actually having sex when it was happening, I might not have handled it so well. Learning about it after the fact was fine.