frustration

Discussion in 'Dreadlocks' started by dreadedsunflower, Feb 14, 2009.

1. dreadedsunflower

dreadedsunflower Senior Member

***So I know everyone is going to scream patience, but I want a different answer***

I have long dreads in the front and short dreads in the back and I love my dreads more than most anything, but I want longer dreads in the back so I can put my hair up easier. My aunt owns a salon and I was going to ask her if she would mind helping me (somehow i don't know how yet) put extensions in the back just like 5 inches to even them out with the long ones in front.

It is frustrating because I want to be able to put my hair up with out putting it in a pony tail. but if I put a wrap or such to hold them back the back of my head looks really really odd. I've had this set for nine months and I know that it will take 1.5+ years for the back to even grow out. My hair I would say has grown about 5 inches since I started my dreads(I can tell because before I dreaded I didn't have roots) but all the new growth is shrinking up.

any opinions welcome but please try to stay away from the patience advice please it really frustrates me.

2. pypes

pypes Hot alien babes

Could you not just put your hair up via the medium of your longer dreads, and then tuck in the sorter ones. That's what I do when I need them in a ponytail and some of the ones at the front don't want to play ball (I have a big head)

3. dreadedsunflower

I want to put it up in something besides a pony tail. I've been wearing them in a pony tail style at least 3 times a week for nine months. I was one of the people that before they had dreads dyed their hair every other month. I guess I just like variety lol.

4. amybird

amybird Senior Member

I'm having trouble visualising all this. First...how come your back dreads are so short? Did you get some sort of backwards mullet cut by accident whlist drunk :p
    Um yeh....any pics to help us out?

5. dreadedsunflower

yeah before I got my dreads I was into the hair style of spiking the back and such. I wish I could blame that unfortunate hair style on being drunk lol. I will have pics up soon just have to get them off my camera.

6. amybird

amybird Senior Member

Aaaah the emo-backwards-mullet :p

7. dreadedsunflower

yes you can call it that. I was trying to fit in with a certain group at school to make friends.

8. dreadedsunflower

9. dreadedsunflower

10. amybird

amybird Senior Member

Woah fat dreads. Pigtails not an option?

11. dreadedsunflower

no the ones in the middle of the back have their own mind they like to just hang down and not go into the pigtails. this is why I'm so frustrated with the ones in the back. lol

12. scatteredleaves

scatteredleaves Smelly Hobo

13. dreadedsunflower

omg that is so perfect that is exactly what I was looking for thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    *goes off to find a place to buy hair*

14. dreadedsunflower

Maybe I don't like the back ones because they are a mystery to me really i only get to see them in pictures.

15. scatteredleaves

scatteredleaves Smelly Hobo

glad i could help :)

16. dreadedsunflower

My aunt said it couldn't be done till she saw that thread post. she thinks its an awesome idea now. We are going to do it over spring break

17. dreadedsunflower

so this won't get done until the middle of march is there anything I can do to help my hair grow more?

18. amybird

amybird Senior Member

Maybe hang weights off your dreads :p

Don't forget you can still use hair-pins and grips on dreads...so you maybe still could manage pigtails?

19. jamiemakecakelate

jamiemakecakelate Member

i have the same problem. I had that hair cut where its shorter in the back and loner in the front ( i think its called an A frame) so my dreads are short in the back. I keep them pulled back or in pigtails or else it looks like i have little nubby fingers sticking out of my head.

20. soaringeagle

soaringeagle Senior Member

sewperatre more often they aree huge wide sectuions sucking a ton of haier into stubby fat dreads
    everytimer u rip em ap;art the connected hairs at the roots break loose and u gain maybe 1/8 of an inch