Frustrated, need to vent

Discussion in 'Stoners Lounge' started by Stonertower420, Feb 18, 2009.

1. Stonertower420

Stonertower420 Senior Member

I've been so pissed about basically everything lately. My parents have been bitching about my schoolwork, even though I've been making vast improvements. My dads always telling me I'm not going to make it anywhere in life if I don't start getting good grades, and I know this. I'm taking AP classes for a reason. I'm trying my hardest to improve, and I am in every single class I'm taking. I'm not even doing that bad. I've got atleast a C average as a whole, even though thats not that great, but its better than failing. I've been doing way better in AP history, but he still thinks I'm not doing good because I haven't had a test since the marking period began two weeks ago. I also take calculus, and I'm having a little trouble in that, and I have the oppurtunity to go after school for help, but I have to lift with the football team in order to play next year, and we only lift 4 days a week. Now hes saying that my friends are holding me back because they aren't as bright as I am, and that everyone else in my class does so much more work than I do, while they do either just as much or even less. So now I can't even get my license.
    What he also doesn't understand is that I want to go to college, but I really don't give a fuck about anything. I know exactly what I'm going to do with my life. Either start off at a 4 year university and work my way to a masters or higher, or if shit hits the fan go to community college then transfer to a 4 year university and get my masters. But overall, I don't really give a fuck. I just don't know how to tell him that I don't even give a fuck.
    What I'm also having a hard time dealing with is not telling him I smoke. I smoke as a way to socialize, write essays, and just free my mind from all the bullshit going around in the world. I really want to tell him, because I think sometimes he'd understand, but he was an alcoholic and had some drug problems and has seen a lot of people go down due to drugs, so at the same time I don't think he'd be reasonable.
    I guess all in all I just have a hard time opening up to him, even though he always tells me I can tell him whatever I have to tell him no matter what happens. Its all just so confusing to me.

EDIT: couldn't figure out how to make indents for paragraphs, my bad

2. weedwhacker

weedwhacker TFM Bro!

the best thing to do is just go all out in school, do your best. I know it sucks but in the long run you won't regret it. Also it's the only way to get your parents off your back.

3. Stonertower420

That really is what I'm trying to do, I just gotta get my study habits right. And they think that going over my friend's house will interfere with my school work, even when I don't have a lot. I have to smoke during the week to relieve stress from all the bullshit going around. Its the only way I can stay sane.

4. porkstock41

porkstock41 Every time across from me...not there!

well it sucks that your dad's givin you a hard time, but just keep trying hard like you are...and don't tell him you smoke. if he doesn't like your friends or your gf (thinks they interfere with your school work) then he isn't going to like pot!

5. Stonertower420

The thing is though he does like my friends, he brought them on vacation with us before. He just thinks that they are dumbing me down for some reason because he thinks I'm the smartest kid ever.

6. PhishheadDeadhead

PhishheadDeadhead Senior Member

i'm in calculus too so my best advice is keep smoking daily
    i can't imagine high school everyday if i didn't smoke i think i'd be such a dick somedays if i didn't have something to look forward to...oh and study like weedwhacker said. we all know school sucks but working a burger king for a salary sucks worse.

7. weedwhacker

weedwhacker TFM Bro!

I would actually suggest only smoking on weekends... i find that during periods of daily smoking my grades always go down

plus that way you won't be thinking about weed during the weekdays, you'll be focused on school

and as an added bonus, your highs will be much better!

8. Captain Cannabis

Captain Cannabis Banned

Well...... Theres plenty of fish in the sea.

9. neim

neim Member

i may say a thing or two about what i consider stupid habits... but MAN do i wish i had some pot during high school.... snif.