Fruitlands museum (Harvard, Massachusetts) super barefoot friendly

Discussion in 'Barefoot' started by Xoču, Aug 7, 2019.

1. Xoču

Xoču Members

This is a large and beautiful estate about an hour from Boston with amazing views for miles around, a visitors center, and a bunch of small museums. It was the site of an 18th century utopian community co-founded by Louise Alcott's father, later converted to a public museum. I decided this might be a perfect place to visit on a beautiful summer day, and why not make a barefoot day of it too. In the visitor's center (where you pay for admission) and at each of the small museums, you are greated by a knowledgeable staff member. No one seemed to care about my feet, all the conversations were interesting, and it was great to walk around the way we like best. There were concrete paths that were a bit too hot for feet, but they were bordered by grass, so no problem. (There are tics, but I used spray.) Towards the end of my visit, I was hungry, and there's a lovely outdoor cafe under a tent. Would they have me without shoes? Yes! No comment when they seated me, and no problem from anyone during the meal. Only one unnecessary but friendly comment at the end from the waitress, who told me as she picked up the check "We don't have any policy, but I need to say there might be broken glass. Be careful." I said thank you, and headed home happy. Thank you Fruitlands museum for a very nice day.

Fruitlands Museum

fatelvis, mmicmann and GLENGLEN like this.