Front row movie seats?

Discussion in 'Movies' started by 6-eyed shaman, May 20, 2018.

1. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Does anyone here like the front row seats of a movie theatre?

I don’t. I honestly don’t understand what the appeal would be. You’re seated uncomfortably, looking up at the screen the whole time.

The first time I sat in the front row was for the showing of Hook. It was like I couldn’t see the entire screen I was too close.

It seems that front row seats are great for concerts and theatrical plays. But not movies.

2. deleted

deleted Visitor

I didn't think the new theaters had seats like that these days. .haven't been to a movie in over a decade tho..

3. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Nah, I'm like in the middle.. In the middle lol.
    I went front row once, for titanic. Only seats left. The action parts were cool but still.. And we were right on the side.

I generally go the latest time for a movie and now we can pre book a seat so that's convenient.

4. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

They aren't to bad. I saw Black Panther in the front row seats (because all the others were filled) and it was great, no different than being at home watching a movie on a large flat screen. I prefer to be in the back and center, though. Good screen `view, good audio, and i can react faster if some asshole decides to shoot up the place.

5. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i don't think i've ever been in the front row. it seems like it would be uncomfortable, but i can't really say from experience.

6. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Back row, aisle seats

The only time I'm/we're in the front row is if the movie is sold out and there's no other place to sit

7. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

I can't imagine seeing a superhero movie in the front row. It'd be too overwhelming for me.

I suppose not all theaters are created equal. So perhaps there's some theater designs where the front row is more bearable than others.

And I agree with you that for me the best rows are 2/3 of the way back

8. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Oh, I forgot to mention that the seats reclined all the way back and they were leather. Very nice, plush atmosphere. So for me, that made it bearable. The last time I was in the front row was when I saw "Seven" about 20 years ago. That still wasn't bad.

9. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Oh and I also see moves well after release date so I don't have to be involved with the crowd. Plus I can say my token "stinks in here" more freely, with the less people. I heard some guy say it one time was so funny so I been doing the same. :D it's funny because it always does stink.

10. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

Back row, middle seats.

I don't want to end up being Lloyd Braun's eye candy
    [​IMG]