Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by Derek2012, Apr 8, 2007.

1. Derek2012

Derek2012 Member

:jester: < "...Hey there! Anyone out there? Anyone remember 'Me', ...I'm from the 'Lost Decade', ...you know the 'Time', time; forgot! (65-75) (?) Hello...

You know, the real time of the 'Hipster', hippy-types! Not these suito' now-a-day types! I'm here to tell you of the tale, of the time that 'Time' forgot!
    The time when real men, walked the earth... From: Sept. of 65 to Sept of 75! (The Lost Decade) Also, the time of the most everlasting "Rock", ...ever!

You know the time! (?) The time they alway's describe on the 'Tele', of the time that supposedly was, ...when 'Hippydom' reigned, and everything was portrayed like: "Laugh-in"! You know; the ultimate insult! As to who the true 'Hippie' really was... You know, ...you've been there too! A slap in the face!

...and how the 'Yuppies', got a hold of it! They ran it through the mill, too! "...you one of those damned Hippies?" Remember? Or how you heard someone say, "Those silly bastards (Not a swear word/In the dictionary!) all they did was burn brain-cells, with their drugs." (Wouldn't want some 'Yuppie, gettin' me kicked outta' here!)

Now, reread the afore mentioned script, and tell me: "Does it look as if I'd blown my mind with drugs?" (Even though, ...I took every conceivable drug there was at the time, now in my late 50's, and had some 'Acid', not too long ago too! Great stuff, ...just can't seem to get enough!)
    :jester: (But) So, rare these days. "Yep, one pill makes you larger, ...and one pill makes you small... And the one's that mother gives you, ...don't do anything at all!"

"Does anyone really know what time it is?"
    Oh, yeah-I took my share; but that's beside the point. I'm here to remind those whom took part in the scheme of things, during the time of the 'Haight/Ashbury', "...love-in's!" Remember? When warm summer night breeze's would caress your dried hair, and the smell of summer and love was in your nostrils! Remember? When a true hippy, would relate to the earth and the magical existence of himself! When a true hippy would grow things for himself, and exist off the land. When a true hippy, if he/she did take drugs, it wasn't always for the kick; but rather the kick and the mystery of the universe all entwined within! When a true hippy could relate more to mother earth, ...than in any other time in history! Combining the 'Ying and Yang', of their existence! To further understand! Remember?

Well, I do... I'm here to tell you!

2. farmout

farmout All who wander arent lost Lifetime Supporter

Hello & Welcome to the forums Derek2012.
    I remember some things from that time period, just not everything. I liked Goldie Hawn on laugh-in when she danced in her lil bikini. lol
    I got called a few names along the way too, but the people doing it were just closed minded un-cool UNHAPPY people.
    Never made it to the Haight.
    Have a great time while your here.
    You will find many folks from the 60's here too.
    Peace... Farmout :)

3. "Welcome Derek"

I'm listening

((hugs))

4. Dudley Do Right

Dudley Do Right In Your Head

Way to go Farmout ya made it, congrats....Hey there Derek, I had several dark years and don't know how I made it out alive, but I did….I certainly understand where you’re coming from and welcome you to The Hip Forums….You’ll be an asset where ever you chose to post….DDR

5. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

suito? do we mean pseudo?

Welcome to the forums :)

6. Miss_Beatle

Miss_Beatle Beatlemaniac

Hey there, and welcome to the forum! I'm Lauren :)