From the "Don't Let the Door Hit You in the Ass on the Way Out " dept....

Discussion in 'Politics' started by EllisDTripp, May 25, 2004.

1. EllisDTripp

EllisDTripp Green Secessionist

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=38571

Christians look to form
    'new nation' within U.S.
    Same-sex marriage called last straw prompting plan for 1 state to secede

Posted: May 24, 2004
    1:00 a.m. Eastern

By Joe Kovacs
    © 2004 WorldNetDaily.com

One less star?

Calling the approval of same-sex marriage in Massachusetts "the straw that broke the camel's back," a group of Christian activists is in the beginning stages of an effort to have one state secede from the United States to become its own sovereign nation.

"Our Christian republic has declined into a pagan democracy," says Cory Burnell, president of ChristianExodus.org, a non-profit corporation based in Tyler, Texas. "There are some issues people just can't take anymore, and [same-sex marriage] might finally wake up the complacent Christians."

Burnell is leading the charge for a peaceful secession of one state from the union, and after originally considering Alabama, Mississippi and South Carolina due to their relatively small populations, coastal access, and the Christian nature of the electorate, Burnell says South Carolina has been selected as the target location.

The plan initially calls for at least 12,000 Christians willing to be active in political campaigns to move to the Palmetto State.

"We're not an invading force, we're reinforcements," Burnell tells WorldNetDaily, saying it would be a waste to move to liberal-minded states such as Massachusetts, New York or California where conservative votes would be diluted.

According to the ChristianExodus website, which is slated for a major relaunch next month, "Christians have actively tried to return our entire land to its moral foundation for more than 20 years. We can categorically say that absolutely nothing has been achieved. If you disagree, consider this:

Abortion continues against the wishes of many states

Children may not pray in our schools

The Bible is not welcome in schools except under strict federal guidelines

The 10 Commandments remain banned from public display

Sodomy is now legal and celebrated as 'diversity' rather than perversion

Preaching Christianity will soon be outlawed as 'hate speech'

Gay marriage will be foisted upon us in the very near future

"All these atrocities continue in spite of the fact that we now have the 'right' people in places of power. Indeed, the occupant of the White House is a professing Christian. The U.S. attorney general is believed to be a devout Christian. 'Conservatives' control both Houses of Congress, and Republican presidents appointed seven of the nine Supreme Court justices."

The idea of moving thousands of people to affect the voting in one state is not new. As WorldNetDaily has previously reported, the Free State Project has goals of restoring certain personal liberties and limited government – but without seceding from the union. Last year, a group of 4,500 libertarians decided New Hampshire would be the best state.

Burnell, a math teacher and cell-phone dealer, stresses he's not looking for bloody battles that took place in the American Revolution and the Civil War, but is rather seeking a "political divorce."

"It's got to be different today," he says. "It has to be peaceful, brokered."

But he admits if the federal government decides to use military force to stop the effort, "Then it can't happen."

Already a dozen people are actively working on the project, and some 1,500 e-mails of support have been received.

If all goes according to plan, Burnell is hoping to have a constitutional convention by 2014, with a president of the new nation – still to be known as South Carolina – elected in 2016, which is also a presidential election year in the U.S.

He says the nation would be founded on Christian principles, and the people writing its constitution would have to hash out details to safeguard it as a Christian republic.

For now, Burnell prefers to shy away from specifics on the precise laws governing the country.

"Independence first, details later," he says.

More info:

http://www.christianexodus.org

2. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

freaking psychos. intolerant creeps give christians and christ a bad name. these sorts of hard liners are EXACTLY the same sort of people christ was rebelling against. people who follow the letter of the law but not the spirit of the faith. i swear, if christ was down here, he'd be rolling his eyes and shaking his head over some of the antics of these people. freaking hypocrites.

3. Eugene

Eugene Senior Member

WTF is up with s. carolina anyways, i Mean this is what the ninth attempt at their own country, and as much as I'd love to have all the countries christians in a backwater burg attempting to seceed so we could wipe 'em out with napalm, I think we should just let them go.

4. Taylor

Taylor Repatriated

Sorry... I didn't realise that by giving people equal rights, I was forcing you to get married to someone of the same sex... woops, my bad.

5. luvndrumn

luvndrumn Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

All I gotta say to them is

C-YA!!

6. Maverick

Maverick Banned

Good for them. I hope they know that won't do anything. they just look like morons.

7. trippymcnugget

trippymcnugget Member

Uhhhhmmmm..... no he wouldn't.

8. Eugene

Eugene Senior Member

Uhhhhmmmm..... no he wouldn't.

You're right, these people would never put up with any guff from a black man :)

9. DarkLunacy

DarkLunacy Senior Member

Dont you people get it? The Christian community is never wrong! The Christians will form Chritopia and all Americans who dont leave will burn in hell. :D Seriouslly lets give them a barren shitty state and see how they react. I think its a great idea. Give them a piece of Florida. Dont trade with them, force them to form their own currency. Lets see how long they last before saying we tried to kill them.

10. mynameiskc

bigots bigots everywhere.

11. DarkLunacy

DarkLunacy Senior Member

I hope your not refering to me... Sorry I'm paranoid and I was sarcastic O_O

12. sweatininthesouth

sweatininthesouth Member

I think we should give them Utah. That state is already freaky, with all the Mormons and their weird laws, bigamists, funny underwear, large broods of children and their own "Bible."

If those crazy Exodus Christians met up with the Mormons, and tried to form a new country together, it would no doubt end up like the movie "Lord of the Flies" where they all turn on each other with a vengence. That would be one way to get rid of the extremist religions -- watch them destroy each other.

And you're right KC -- Jesus would puke if he saw what these so-called Christians are doing in "his name." Jesus taught tolerance, acceptance, unconditional love for each other.......he would be totally disgusted.

13. booshnoogs

booshnoogs loves you

It's a common theme that intolerance leads to separatist movements. The Klan has tried this theme, and so has the Nation of Islam. In the end, it won't go anywhere.

Oppressed oeople seeking freedom also feed separatist movements. I'm sure that's how this group sees themselves, although to me it seems more like the former. An intolerant people unwilling to accept the ideas of others.

For what it's worth, I'd love for them to have their own state.

14. Sera Michele

Sera Michele Senior Member

Christians crack me up. They came over here as Protestants that were being persicuted by their Catholic counter-parts preacihng freedom of religion.

What they really ment was - Freedom of religion as long as its some form of Christianity.

But anyway...we all konw they're crazy :cool:

15. booshnoogs

booshnoogs loves you

Nah, don't be such a bigot. Just like any group there are good and bad individuals who make up that group.

For example, Martin Luther King Jr was a great man, while Jerry Falwell is a great big prick. Both are Christians though.

16. cynical_otter

cynical_otter Bleh!

HEY...the cant have South Carolina....Myrtle Beach is there!

I agree with the Utah idea. that state sucks...I guess.lol.

A christian Exodus...this ought to be entertaining though.

17. mynameiskc

hmm. which ones would go? there's such a vast diversity of christian types.

18. Jozak

Jozak Member

No, most Protestants that came over here came from England, a protestnat nation, at least when the U.S. was founded. They were certainly not being persecuted by Catholics in an Anglican nation. It was the Catholics and other sects that were being oppressed in English controlled Catholic Ireland and the U.K.

19. mynameiskc

well, it's no secret that these people were suffering under the anglican church and wished for the freedom to practice their own form of christianity, to even build a society on their own religion. they did not come here to form a democracy, not the puritans, they wanted a theocracy. now, the rest of the settlers, the non-christians, had profit in mind.

20. MaxPower

MaxPower Kicker Of Asses

If the Jews get to have Israel..........