Frizzy hair

Discussion in 'Body Care' started by TipsyGypsy, Mar 12, 2010.

1. TipsyGypsy

TipsyGypsy Light of a Fading Star

What do you guys with soft, flyaway hair do to keep it tame?!

My hair at the moment seems to be going through a fluffy stage and nothing makes any difference to it - it's soft and fine and in good condition, you just can't do anything with it! I used to use sea salt spray, but at doesn't want to work right now!

I'm supposed to be going away next week and someone I really like will there, so I wanted to make a good impression, but now my hair has decided to show me up :(

Any tips?

2. psychedelicg1rl

psychedelicg1rl Member

What conditioner do you use? I tend to get really frizzy hair when I dont use the right stuff on my hair. I use burts bees super shiny grapefruit adn sugar beet conditioner and it keeps my hair frizzy free. and it also makes my hair soft.

3. CrazyDreamer

CrazyDreamer Member

it sounds like you need alight styling cream of some sort. the major shampoo brands all have their own version of it. You would probably put a little in and it will tame frizz and make your hair less fly away. Pantene and Garnier have light styling creams

4. The Imaginary Being

The Imaginary Being PAIN IN ASS Lifetime Supporter

I'm a bloke so the answer will probably mean little to the cause here

but when my hair is doing what I do not want it to I tend to spray it with hairspray, wait for that to dry, and then comb it out. It makes it firmer and easier to place.

But I probably have much shorter hair than you, or I presume that anyways.

5. brittanix

brittanix Member

I bought an aloe vera plant, and i use the insiiiides like gel. it dries and doesn't look greasy or anything. And hairspray... lots of it.

6. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

You people are funny.... Frizz is awesome.

But if you must, cut an aloe leaf, skin it, blend/otherwise very well mash/grind the gel, and it's natures hair gel.

7. daisymae

daisymae Senior Member

I use a curling iron with a huge barrel. It smooths the fuzzies without changing my hairstyle too much.

8. wild-flowers

wild-flowers forever arbitrary

Get at straightening serum. Even if you don't straighten your hair. It helps with fly aways and frizz.

9. SweetBlasphemy

SweetBlasphemy Senior Member

Lush shampoos/conditioners and generic Paul Mitchell Super Skinny serum. Gives me the straightest white chick hair ever, without having to use an iron.

10. TipsyGypsy

TipsyGypsy Light of a Fading Star

Recently, my hair has calmed down and is less frizzy, I think it goes through mood swings..

I never use hairspray, I have tried many before but they leave my hair looking awful. People I know use it, and it makes their hair look pretty good. Damn them :rolleyes:

I used to use straightening serums, but haven't for a few years actually. But, yeah I might have a look for one that doesn't leave your hair too oily, or it will make my hair look worse!

I do tend to use Lush shampoo, I had a herbal bar shampoo last which was pretty good. I have Burt's Bees at the minute, and that seems to be okay too.

11. Sugarmagnolia_

Sugarmagnolia_ member

My hair is so curly and frizzy that lots of people as me if my real dad is black (he isn't XP)

This may seem odd, but using flat beer in your hair seems to not only tame it down a little but leave it nice and shiny.

I also really love this recipe for shampoo, try it if you like.

It requires 1 egg, 1 teaspoon olive oil, 1 teaspoon lemon juice, 1 tablespoon castile soap, 1/2 a cup water or herbal tea and last but not the least 5 drops of essential oils of your choice. Blend all these together to make an Egg shampoo which does wonders for your hair.

I hope I could be of some help!

Peace out
    -Diana

12. blackcat666

blackcat666 Senior Member

i don't do jack shit to my hair, other then comb and wash it.

i would suggest you use either dove body wash for senstive skin, or dove in bar form for senstive skin.
    both of them are milder then either shampoos or soaps.

the mildest thing to use is aveeno. it is an oatmeal based cleanser.

13. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

I just wear a hat...it solves all my hair problems and when the hair is gone it will stop the sunburn