Friendship but not love.

Discussion in 'Relationships' started by meditation24h24, Dec 31, 2020.

1. meditation24h24

meditation24h24 Member

Hey, I'm dealing with something hard... I have been seeing a girl for a year or so. It was not intentional but after a moment I started to like her more. So slowly, I tryied to tell her but she always responded to me that I was only a friend for her. This made me really sad... I tryied to stop the friendship but she reacted really bad. She told me she really needed me in her life and that she couldn't imagine leaving without me at all. I took time to accept the situation. But yeah... I always endup feeling like shit because I love her so much and don't understand why the relation doesn't get to love... When I pass time with her she always endup touching me. I think she's trying to do it less since she know's I have feeling. I just don't know where to put my head on all of this. I might endup really sad if she met someone. Maybe I should completely stop the relation. Do you think I should stop the relation? I dont understand, when there was those attraction with a girl it was always mutual love. Maybe I just think too much... Well, I don't know what to do with this... Because I always endup having some frustrations. Maybe I should give myself a "real break" for an amount of time. I mean a real break without talking to her or seeing her. But it's hard cause then she notice it and I have to explain. But she don't really understand how hard it can be for me to accept the situation. Because I don't often fall in love so what I feel for her is something really unique and strong. But somehow it will never happen.

Im saying all of this because I am open to your opinion because right now I don't really know where to put my head on all of this. It's not the worst thing I felt but definitively I need to understand something out of this...

Last edited: Dec 31, 2020
  2. mytoys

mytoys Newbie

Always remember love starts with friendship

wilsjane likes this.
  3. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

This situation is far more common than you could ever imagine.
    it is possible that things could move on, but what you really need to know and understand is why the current situation developed.
    Jane and I still have lifelong friends of the opposite gender and it has no affect on our relationship, even after 52 years.

4. Candy Gal

Candy Gal Lifetime Supporter

I married my best friend.

Toecutter likes this.
  5. Toecutter

Toecutter Senior Member

This ^^^^^