friends :(

Discussion in 'Stoners Lounge' started by VolcomStoner420, Apr 6, 2007.

1. VolcomStoner420

VolcomStoner420 Member

I have taken the time to actually contemplate about who my actual friends are and I have got to tell you, I probably only have one. It sucks, my other "friends" are always way too busy with their lives which includes sitting there and smoking or my other "friends" are hanging out with their girlfriends and if I did hang out with them, they would make plans 2 hours later to hang out with their girlfriends and I would be stuck trying to find a ride home. It just hurts me when I'm sitting at my house wishing that someone would call me just to talk but that rarely ever happens, only when they need something to do. It also feels like, for me, that I have absolutely nothing to look forward to in life. I guess I don't have anything to look forward to cause I can't picture one god damn thing. I don't know why i'm typing this here but it is a lot easier to do this than to talk to someone. Life is just a big piece of shit in my eyes right now, my dad can barely afford to keep me at his house for a week, so i am just stuck in this small town with nothing to do, no one close by to hang out with. No one willing to drive out here to hang out with me. And also it is the first day of my spring break with nothing to look forward to. - SEAN

2. Krsna Bhakti

Krsna Bhakti d-_-b JAMMING

Happiness comes from within. You need to search yourself, and you will find that no matter what you believe, only you can make you happy. Easier said than done, sure, but its the truth. And your still young, trust me life will get better. But it will also get a lot harder, so try to enjoy what you have now. For me, I try to be a devotee to Krsna, for others, well everyone has their own thing :) Now I am a single father, and I know what it is like for your "friends" to suddenly stop coming around at all. You dont need them, my philosophy is, give as much as you can, and dont expect anything in return, that way you can never be let down. I hope you find it in yourself to pick yourself up, and you always have friends here dont forget us! Peace brother, I wish you good health and a good day :)

3. VolcomStoner420

VolcomStoner420 Member

4. Krsna Bhakti

Anytime friend :) I hope my simple words helped at all, I know what its like to feel down and out, believe me

5. Splosh

Splosh Member

I dont think i've ever had a male friend to call me to "talk". If they did i think it would be a short lived conversation, talking on the phone is shit.
    You cant blame guys for hanging around with their girlfriends but i guess if they are constantly with them over their friends there is a problem. You sound like you're having an emotional teenage moment tbh.

6. Krsna Bhakti

Of course he is Splosh, I doubt there is any realy need to point that out. Everybody feels down at some point, at various times in this physical life, and we all need someone to come along and pick us up and put us back on our feet every now and then. Calling a moment of depression where one questions their self-worth a 'teenage moment' does nothing to further the progression of the sufferers recovery into acceptance and the gain of a new perspective on life, rather, it can only hinder the growth of love because he may feel shut down and his problem to be uncomparitive to whay you may see as 'real' problems.
    And, funny, I have been in several serious relationships with women, I actually find myself in the rarest position in life of being in Love, and I have a son to boot, and I have PLENTY of telephone conversations with both males and females. AI dont suspect a hint of a touched upon notion of fear and discomfort in your OWN sexuality, now do I? I hope not, because that would be a rather close minded foundation for the basis of your comment :)

7. Nitrusx

Nitrusx Banned

I had the same thing. Just hang out with that one guy that is your friend, and forget about those other guys.

8. natural philosophy

natural philosophy bitchass sexual chocolate

one good friend is worth a thousand of those people. stick with your buddy and get a job and a toyota.

9. Ehoney29

Ehoney29 Member

I only have one real friend too. I used to have alot of friends in high school, then we graduated and everyone went off to college. Now they all act like they don't remember where they came from and shit. Even my best friend turned into a bitch and totally just forgot about me. I have 2 friends that I smoke with occasionally, but they aren't the type of friends that I can sit and talk to about real shit with. It sucks not having friends.

10. Splosh

Splosh Member

Ahh congrats, you've torn my post to pieces and uncovered my hidden homosexuality. Now, stfu.
    I'm not gay.
    I'm not trying to be a dick.
    I was just saying, he feels shit now because he's having an emotional moment but hey, there's always tomorrow i wasn't trying to delve deeply into the realms of my own untouched fear of homosexuality, i'm comfortable with my sexuality.
    I feel down aswell (occaisonally, no body likes a morbid bastard), i've had the same thoughts as this guy, all i'm sorry but all i was trying to point out is that he wont always feel like this and that he has to realise people do other shit like their girlfriends.
    I dislike talking on the phone nowadays, but when i was younger i had 6+ hour conversations on the phone so...
    Still. Take care and dont get too offended

11. pianoperson60

pianoperson60 Senior Member

I know that feeling of counting your friends on one hand.
    But what makes you think that counting your friends on two hands will make ya any happier?

I mean, I guess if I think about it, I have ONE aaaaamazing friend, well two, and then about 5 good friends, and then a bunch of friends, AKA people that I talk to and who are nice and all, but people I dont hang out with outside of school.

But I usually dont think about my friends like that.

Yeah, I know the whole "friends hanging with their girlfriends" thing too. but Ive also been on the other side of that (well, I had a boyfriend and not a girlfirend seeing as Im gay) and youve gotta understand their side too- they just wanna chill with their gf's. When I had a boyfriend, all I wanted to do was see him as well.

Whenever I dont have plans with people, I always make sure I find somethin to do. I dont like just sitting around doing nothing, or just sitting on the computer/TV. Use this alone time to find new things out about yourself, or to broaden your art portfolio, or to go out and go for a walk, or to do one of those things youve been meaning to do for a while, or annnnything! Theres so many possibilities!
    Or if youre feeling really down, get out a pen and a notebook, and just start writing to yourself. Keep on writing about what youre feeling and why you feel that way, and whats caused you to feel so, and the things you feel are out of balance in your life in general, and just write write write until you feel like youve run out of all words.

Or wait until no one is home, and then BLARE YOUR MUSIC and dance to it like an idiot! Dance like a complete idiot! It feels really good.

12. Pitros

Pitros Member

Relax man ,i dont want to be a asshole but if your friends dont give a shit to you well then dont give a shit to then man,another thing dude you should look for friends that have the same interests as you do you know?You are no one's fool man

13. seaweedyness

seaweedyness Member

id say for now stick with your friend, because he sounds like he cares a lot about you, or at least more than those other guys. if you feel those guys are ditching you to be with their girlfriends, then forget about them. you deserve better. and if they break up or get dumped by their girlies and come back to you, make sure they realize how they made you feel while they were "gone", and then it's up to you on whether or not you want to be friends with them again.
    also, try not to think about it so much; if you keep a clear mind and worry less about finding friends, then i think it's more likely that they'll come to you :) no worries man

14. vactom

vactom Fire on the Mountain

Nod.

15. RoundMidnight

RoundMidnight Member

These days I don't feel like I have any one great friend, but a few good ones that I become easily irritated with. Friends will come and go though, I'm sure you'll meet some good people soon enough..

16. ~peace~

~peace~ Senior Member

yeah yeah welcome to my world....though the one good thing to come out of it is my ability to touch type and learn many things....

17. RebelGray

RebelGray Banned

i never call my friends just to talk. infact, i only see one of my buddies outside school. it's not really that big of a deal. you and your buddies arent supossed to act like your dating or something

18. Splosh

Splosh Member

If you weren't such a racist i'd agree with you.

19. natural philosophy

natural philosophy bitchass sexual chocolate

20. Splosh

Splosh Member

Can't resist, it would have been in any other thread, i just noticed 499 posts.
    500 w00t.