Friends mom is DUMB-ASS!!!

Discussion in 'Marijuana Growing' started by Inavacuum, Aug 7, 2004.

1. Inavacuum

Inavacuum Senior Member

Found him growing pot under their house because she saw the light one night when she was coming in late and the next morning went to see what it was and asked hi the science prject was coming. He said oh fine the beans are coming along great and she beleived him!! She actually thought he was growing beans.

2. HappyHaHaGirl

HappyHaHaGirl *HipForums Princess*

She's not dumb... she loves her little boy and thought she could trust him! You should be ashamed! haha

3. tiedye0420

tiedye0420 Member

If she is like any other mom i have ever known, She was well aware of what her son is doing and fishing for a reaction. "hows the science project?" as she was looking into his eyes to see how he reacted to her query.

Or just like happyhaha said- overlooking the obvious is really a mom trait too.
    She loves her boy and could never imagine him doing wrong.

4. Bug_Man

Bug_Man Banned

I'm pretty sure it boils down to your friend being the dumb-ass for thinking his mom is the dumbass. Get it?

5. TheMagicalMushy

TheMagicalMushy Senior Member

haha that is one of the funniest stories ive heard in awhile. I wouldnt be suprised if she just asked that though to see if hed lie. Time will tell :p

6. Mr_Soul

Mr_Soul Member

That's very humerous..NOT. Growing marijuana is a felony where you live. People's houses are being repossessed. And it's not the kid, but the parent that will cop the brunt of the law when the shit hits the fan. :rolleyes:

7. Inavacuum

Inavacuum Senior Member

But seriously you guys don't think it is funny that someone could mistake live marijuana for beans? Especially in the rural town that I live in where there are plenty of bean fields to compare it to.

8. Inavacuum

Inavacuum Senior Member

Its not a felony to grow marijuana in Australia?

9. highhippy

highhippy Member

hello there inavacumm how come you left us all hanging, were you beaten? anyways make peace not war, i love you lots vacuum xXx

10. broskif

broskif Member

whats wrong with you little shits nowadays?? obsolutley no respect for others safety, home, or anything else.

i bet he is gonna think he is a dumbass himself when he gets his family popped.

tell your friend to pay his own fuckin rent, water, light, electricity, and property tax then plant some seeds. risking unknowing property owners is terrible, and karma will strike YOU BOTH back hard.

have a good day pussy.

11. Becknudefck

Becknudefck Senior Member

that kinda happened to me yesterday.

I left home to go to some guys house to smoke a bong, and I got totally ripped. I had to be home at 3, so i walked home, still stoned and walked in the house. my eyes were fucked and I coudltn stand up, yet my mom didnt notice....odd.....

12. Mr_Soul

Mr_Soul Member

Marijuana is decriminalised where I am. Nothing like the draconian laws of the US!!!

13. PokeSmot420

PokeSmot420 Member

whoa. broskif i think you need to chill man. that is a pretty funny story.

14. Nisha

Nisha Forlorn.

well.. she gave birth and that is super painful... oh wait never mind.

15. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

where in australia do YOU live in? Adelaide? Canberra? theyre the onyl palces i think that you can grow, and then tehres a limit.

16. Mr_Soul

Mr_Soul Member

The US already has draconian laws on pot, but it get's worse if Bush is re-elected in November.

A man WHO has promised a clampdown on producers.

That's growers of ethnobotanical folks, of which cannabis is but one. Cultivation is seen as production.

I already know that I wouldn't do what I do if I lived in the US. It just wouldn't be worth it. Major forfeiture, long gaol times and heavy fines. Bah, you can have that. Where it's considered ok to have an all pervasive snitch culture because desperate people will turn in everyone to lighten their woe. Not much camaradarie in THAT.

Here's an American Overgrower done with 187 Cannabis plants. He will get 5 to 40 years gaol. Nicked by a snitch. In short, the best this guy can hope for is 5 years and needless to say if his legal team fails up to 40. He's basically condemned and he might come out of it as an old man. It doesn't bode well given the thread was pulled.

http://www.overgrow.com/edge/showth...&postid=3885344

Here's an Australian Overgrower done with over 200 Cannabis plants. Still in court apperances. But I can say, without a shadow of doubt, he will not get anywhere near 5 years, let alone 40, as is the "5 to 40" federal mandatory for 100 or greater numbers of Cannabis plants in the US. The last Australian Overgrow member I'm aware of who was done with 177 Cannabis plants didn't even get gaol.

http://www.overgrow.com/edge/showth...threadid=412506

Two American university students face up to 30 years prison and fines for 100 poppy pods and 7 tubs of mushrooms. Nothing too spectacular, though the penalty they face sure is!

http://www.poppies.org/news/104965843096995.shtml

Comparing that to this Australian bust, well it's chalk and cheese. 230 P.somniferum plants and two years gaol. I can only guess how many decades he'd have got in the US.

http://www.poppies.org/news/103716397444847.shtml

An American mushroom grower faces multiple counts of 6 years to 20 years because he kept a grow log of sorts. Yes, visual/written materials can be used as evidence.

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/sho...sb=5&o=&fpart=1

A small time American mushroom grower faced with federal prison decides to work for the DEA as a snitch.

http://www.mycotopia.net/discus/messages/5/1440.html

The US already has severe cultivation laws and she enforces them. For crying out loud the evidence is there if you care to do searches on the ethnobotanical sites of which Overgrow is one of them. Seriously, if you want tougher laws then vote Bush. That's obviously clear. A war on terrorism is one thing, a war on your own people is quite another. Your call America.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Australian info:

Conservatives keen for hemp and side medical Cannabis in the Australian capital.

In the very Territory with most lenient decriminalised Cannabis laws of Australia, the conservatives seek hemp plantations.

http://www.canberraliberals.org.au/...asp?ItemID=3032

You might think, "gee hemp so what?". Think. It softens people up to Cannabis. They'll see it in the paddocks as they drive to work and it will take away the "reefer madness". It will become benign.

In addition, they're "in-principle support" of medical Cannabis proposed by the Greens. It's a first for Australia.

http://canberra.yourguide.com.au/de...News&m=7&y=2004

Goes to show on the Cannabis subject, conservatives are hardly the "evil-Iraq-baby-killing-swine" the crazies in this forum paint all conservatives to be.

*Canberra is like your Washington DC, as in national capital and city of national government. Your president visited there last year. Would you have hemp, medical marijuana and decriminalised Cannabis laws in your Washington DC? And don't spin that Kerry would.

*Just to make sure there's no fools jumping up and saying, "but they're Liberals!!!". Well "Liberal" with the upper case "L" in Australia are the conservatives. Capiche.

As a side note, looks like Howard is running a hard federal, ol' Latham has a shocker past coming to haunt him.

17. Mr_Soul

Mr_Soul Member

ACT vs TAS.

Now If you had half a clue and compared Tasmania to the ACT you would note some major differences. I'll spoon feed them out.

ACT is a far smaller place, a territory of only 2400 sq.kms (less when one discounts Jervis Bay) where hemp will be seen by the national capital population daily. The plan is to replace Pinus radiata forests with hemp, which needless to say sits along side their major road arteries and in reserves with public access. Consult an atlas and you'll note that their city is spread out through bushland and open spaces. Kangaroos are in their streets.

They also have in ratio populus the highest numbers of degree and post grad population. They also have the highest incomes per ratio populus. If you can influence that highly educated and well paid population, then it will do far more for lifting the image of Cannabis, than tucking it out in the remote wilds of Tasmania where their agriculture is not within the city scape. If I parked hemp out the back of the black stump then naturally folks would view it like they do their milk in a bottle and eggs in a carton -- psychologically and physically detached from the source. So think. Just how many Australians at city level will see plantations in their city environment, that's the key difference. Hobart and Launceston (the two major cities of the state of Tasmania) do NOT have hemp in their city scape.

Also think about why Tasmania has a Papaver somniferum industry? Because that state is remote, lowely populated and easy to control and they don't grow P.somniferum near Tasmania's population centres. The ACT is not some far flung island. It sits between the two largest Australian cities, Sydney and Melbourne. Its also located in the most populated state of the nation, New South Wales. It gets over 2 million interstate visitors a year, over six times the population of the city, because it's far easier to get to the ACT than Tassy. You don't need to fly or ferry to get there. Lotsa people will see it. Cannabis in any format of positive publicity is not to be scoffed at.

Hemp in Tasmania started in 1991 with the first harvests from the resulting trials in 1994.
    Hemp in New South Wales dates back to Sir Joseph Banks in 1788 with the first fleet and from there the Hunter Valley plantations were plouged. This was how Australia got much of her Cannabis heritage, as the high UVb in Australia will, over time, bring about drug class strains. Australian sativa would never have been if it were not for hemp. That will NOT happen in the US, which is why they have ditch weed (escaped relics of their hemp industry) never getting any better. Do ya homework on UVb influence on THC.

The ACT has the most lenient of all decriminalised laws in Australia, brought in since 1992. Five plants with a $100 fine with 60 days to pay. Less than a motorist speeding fine. Such laws have been in place despite oscillating ALP and Liberal (conservative) ACT self govts.

Off subject...

On the pollen pollution aspect of HEMP crops. I believe it only has a 5km throw and more a risk to outdoor growers, which as a trend has diminished in populated zones of Australia to the more favoured indoor growing. In addition, indoor growers can run a HEPA filter (99.997% particle removal) on their intake set to a dead space zone to alleviate fan torque if in situ. to the hemp. They're commonly used by mushroom growers, including magic mushroom growers, to deal with contaminants in the air. They can filter spores and bacteria, and pollen dwarfs them in scale.

But it opens up interesting possibilities for the folks that way, esp. in light of their five plant deciminalised laws. Namely tucking in a few 24/0 striked female cuttings, pre-hardened to the Spring sun and planted surreptitiously into the hemp. They'll autoflower despite the lengthening photoperiod and finish by Christmas before the male inflorescence of the hemp spoils the bud with seeds. I've run, in the past, autoflowered clones outdoors. They make for stealth as they don't get large as they flip past the vegetative stage straight to flower and you're not at mercy to such a long window period of a full season. The bud isn't bad, not quite as solid as an Autumn finish, but you can't complain about some Christmas bud grown free on the sun. 3.5oz dry bud per plant in a fast cycle IME.

Australia has a strong core culture of volunteers and that's where it will fall. Yup, Aussie Cannabis growers allowed to grow for fellow ill Aussies if they're physically incapable of growing their own. That's the common sense approach typical of downunder.

Given the decriminalised laws from WA, SA and in the ACT (running there since 1992). Med. pot will logically come under the same laws, albeit legalised. Thus 5 legal plants with a license to grow them if you're a med user, or if you're the authorised appointed med grower.

Within practical scope of growing, five plants with two in 12/12, with one as a mother and two as clones in rotation is possible. That could bang out 8lb+ of bud a year with 2000w on the two plants in 12/12. Thus run 4 cycles per annum on the split tier regime of 4 weeks veg and 8 weeks flower. More than enough for any heavy medical person's need. The 1000w per single plant btw is very much a South Australian style of grow and that's the Canna-state of the nation.

All up, it's a small territory/population with a limited budget and the last thing it can fiscally afford/entertain is Americanised paradigms. It will work on the already proven -- across the nation and for decades -- volunteer system as that does not lean on the tax purse. It has a 2 year clause in the scheme review. Up for debate this August, it will be interesting how it pans out given its an Australian first.

As I said, the logic would follow in path to their existant decriminalised marijuana laws. It was on the roll a decade ago in 1994 (see copy/paste below and read what's in bold), two years after they set up their decriminalised laws. But the feds slapped it down. Yes, the Keating ALP. It would have happened 10 years ago. Now it's more on the roll than ever, given the conservatives (as already said in this post) are keen for plantations of hemp in the national capital and side the medical marijuana issue.

"Australian State Assembly Allows Medical Marijuana
    The Australian Capital Territory (A.C.T.) Legislative Assembly passed a bill Nov. 30 allowing medical patients to possess or grow marijuana for their own use ("Dope Smoking OK for Medicinal Purposes Only," Australian Associated Press, Nov. 30, 1994).

Under the measure, a doctor must keep a record of the patient, and the patient may grow up to five plants or possess up to 25 grams of the drug. Caregivers of people under doctor's supervision to use marijuana would not be prosecuted.

Federal government sources promised to challenge the decision, which they said was hastily made (Jacqueline Fuller, "Labor Disquiet at ACT Move for Dope on Prescription," The Canberra Times, Dec. 1, 1994, p. 1).

Federal Health Minister Carmen Lawrence said the bill, which passed by a 9-8 vote, was "an ill-considered and poorly thought-through act to allow doctors to prescribe something for which there is no legal supply." She has asked her department to determine if the ruling violates the country's obligations under United Nations drug treaties.

The vote created partisan political pandemonium in the A.C.T. Assembly."

18. Mr_Soul

Mr_Soul Member

Well, "no legal supply" is easy enough to amend, simply legalise it for medical users and yup, that's on the cards. Almost half way there with the existant decriminalised laws. In addition, I see no evidence for the Americanised liberal boogey-men paradigms of greedy pharmaceutical corps, because they'll be growing their own or another appointed to do it for them.

Seriously, Australia is NOT the US i.e. where one can find the insanity of leftist icons being major multi-millionaires (what a hoot, a.k.a M.Moore). What's more, if pharmaceuticals had such a strangle hold on Australia, care to explain why alternative medicines downunder are already a 2 billion AUD industry per year and increasing? That's the REAL threat to pharmaceuticals.

http://sixtyminutes.ninemsn.com.au/.../story_1164.asp

Yes, I watched that episode of 60 minutes and even the former AMA Dr Kerryn Phelps has embraced alternative medicine, which speaks volumes as the AMA is extremely orthodox in medical view. The time is coming for medical marijuana. It may well need to meet Australian OH&S standards in grow room setup and other issues of safety, such as mould free pot for HIV sufferers, but that would simply mean a HEPA intake. Hardly beyond the capacity of any keen hobbyist. What's really important is that its not a tax burdon.

If you would like to read the proposed bill, here it is in pdf file format.

http://www.legislation.act.gov.au/e...915/default.asp