Friend Situation

Discussion in 'Relationships' started by BlueStone, Jan 30, 2005.

1. BlueStone

BlueStone Member

Ok, so how do I begin this post. A couple of months ago, around summer time, I made this long post explaing my situation between me and my friend. I had strong feelings for her, but we had known each other for a long time and I did not know how to approach the situation. Long story short, I grew the courage to tell her how i felt.

The conversation went well in the sense that she was not freaked out by my telling her this; however, she made the point that she just wanted to remain friends. This did hurt for a little while, but I got over it. Suprisingly, after that converstaion there was no akwardness between us. In fact, we became even closer.

Now to explain my current situation. I understood when she told me she just wanted to remain friends. I respect her feelings, which is what makes my situation all the more akward. Recently we've been hanging out a lot, even more than we used to, and we've been hanging out alone. I feel that she might have feelings for me, but I can't tell for sure. She treats me differently than other guys. I for a while thought that this was because we were good friends, but she has a couple of other close guy friends and does not treat them the same way. Whenever we go out we can almost talk for hours, the conversation never becomes boring. Also many people tend to ask us if we are a couple or not. I have dated before, and I can usually tell when I girl is flriting with me, but I just can't figure it out with her. If any other girl acted the way she did, I wouldn't have a doubt in my mind whether she liked me or not. One of my friends doesn't understand her. Whenever we're all together, he says we act like were flirting with each other. Everything between us is playfull. There is a lot of physical contact as well. I'm sorry about this stream of thoughts going on her, hopefully you call can follow long. Any ways here is my dilema.

I have no idea what to do. I would love to talk to her about this, but I feel as if I can't. She told me she wanted to stay friends a couple of months ago, and I think it would just seeem weird if I bring up the same topic again. In a worse case scenario, she would think that I'm not getting the hint that she does not like me. The worse thing, however, is that I would normally ask for her advice on this type of situation, but now she is involved and I can't. I was thinking maybe I should just go for it, and maybe try and kiss her or something if the moment was right but it scares the crap out of me to think of what can happen. It might freak her out if she considers me only as a good friend.

Also another fact about this girl is that she does not date often. There is nothing wrong with her, it's just she is just never in a relationship. She has actually talked to me about this, and I have no idea why she is like that.

Anyone have any advice?

2. BlueStone

BlueStone Member

Anyone? heh, anything would be appreciated.