Frida

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Autentique, Jun 14, 2004.

1. Autentique

Autentique wonderfabulastic

I love this movie. Is not the story that is so great, but how the movie is filmed and how they present each scene. How a painting becomes alive and how life becomes a painting.. is genius. So full of colors, life.. I get lost in every single image. I don't get tired of watching it. The visuals are a delight.

2. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

That was a wonderful movie. The story was a tad dramatrized, but, that did add to the effect I would suppose. Some documentaries about Frida and Diego are better than this movie, but in general, this was a superb production.

3. sweatininthesouth

sweatininthesouth Member

I loved the movie too. I even bought the soundtrack......awesome:)

4. FreakyJoeMan

FreakyJoeMan 100% Batshit Insane

Selma Hayek, mmmmmmmm...

5. Purple Haze

Purple Haze Member

That movie scared the shit oughta me....those moving pictures and frida's face scares me...and the story is sad and tramatazing.....I remember the night I saw it...I couldn't sleep...frida's face kept popping up...scared the shit oughta me...it was horrible...never watching the movie again...I mean it was well made and everything...but her face just freaks me out....something about her brows and her eyes...I don't know..and then everything she went through....it's all too much for me...I prefer happy movies...happy bright movies...not dark and sad ones.....

6. dharmakarma16

dharmakarma16 Member

fantastic film! i own the dvd. it was prestented in such an artistic way, which fits so well with Frida herself, that eerie, creepy, dark side she had that no one else could capture in the way she did... i can see why you find it scary, but it really isn't once you understand Frieda's whole being what she stood for as an artist.

7. m6m

m6m Member

How often do we get a taste of post-revolutionary Mexico. You could feel the ghost of Emiliano Zapata still lingering in every scene.

How often do we hear that authentic soulfull south of the border music.