freedom

Discussion in 'Politics' started by tiki_god7, Jun 5, 2004.

1. tiki_god7

tiki_god7 Member

I was looking for a freedom board but I couldn't seem to find one so it goes here......ok we live in a culture that relies a lot on farming and the growing of food...of course fruits and vegitables that we buy have to be grown somewhere and by someone.......
    It is widely accepted to also have a garden of you own and grow some of your own fruits and vegitables, thats cool....nobody minds....
    So why is it that if I want to grow a fruit in my garden that makes me feel happy and relaxed that I go to jail? Thats not freedom......I would go to jail for having a plant that fruits and bares seeds just as every other plant out there and yet if this one is grown its against the law.....
    whats even more ridiculous is that the pharmacutical companies are able to use the plant, water it down with other chemicals(who even knows what they are) put a huge price on it and sell it as oxycotons, hydrocodones, or morphine so why is it that they can take the same plant, dillute natures endorphin with other stuff that is definatly not entirely healthy, put a big price on it and sell it.....but if I want to grow the plant the produces the stuff with out the chemical addatives...I go to jail....some freedom

2. Sera Michele

Sera Michele Senior Member

It's all about making money, Tiki. The people running our country are rich aristocratsthat care more about success, money, and power than what is best for the American public.

Actually, I will rephrase that...They think that money and their own success and power IS whats best for the American public.

I agree...we do not have real freedom. It may not be as bad here (yet) as some other countries, but we are fooling ourselves if we think that the life we live now is freedom.

Bascially, we are free to live how the powerful wants us to.

3. GrievousAngel

GrievousAngel Banned

Criminalization of marijuana or opium (assuming that is the "fruit") dates back to the early days of the American Century. It was used to discourage immigrants from coming to America. I hope in the near future it is legalized, but chances of that happening are slim.

4. Sera Michele

Chances are we wont see it illegalized, but I really would like to see it decriminalized. I don't think that we need to be filling our jails with drug users. Distributers, maybe, but not the users.

Our jails are so full, that when my sister's molester was sentanced, they let him out very early because of how full the jails were. I have known people that have been in jail for possession longer than this man was for child molestation.

5. GrievousAngel

GrievousAngel Banned

Blame the ACLU, our tax dollars go to them so they can defend prisoners (molesters, rapists, and murderers) and bitch about a historical yet religious document (the 10 Commandments).

6. LuciferSam

LuciferSam Member

Uh, I'm not seeing how the ACLU are responsible for anything discussed above.

7. Sera Michele

I don't see what a religious document has anything to do with governing our country. Well, if it does it shouldnt...since we have freedom of religion and seperation of church and state.

I guess I don't really understand what point you are trying to make.

8. MaxPower

MaxPower Kicker Of Asses

Drugs are illegal, that's the answer. We could discuss why drugs are illegal for days and come up with a flame thread that spans 20 pages, but I don't fell like doing that right now. Pharmaseudical companies and hospitals/clinics grow, sell, and use the products that they do under strict FDA (or some other health organization) rules, which cannot be enforced upon private citizens without violating their right to privacy.

9. Strawberry_Fields_Fo

Strawberry_Fields_Fo RN

Since when do our tax dollars go to the ACLU? The ACLU is a private organization.

And tiki, there are wose things in life than you not being able to grow pot in your back yard. I guess you'll just have to find real happiness.

-Kate

10. GrievousAngel

GrievousAngel Banned

The ACLU does get government money...... or my political science teacher has lied to about 20 years of students.

11. Strawberry_Fields_Fo

Strawberry_Fields_Fo RN