Freedom isn't free.

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Dave_techie, Jan 24, 2009.

1. Cherea

Cherea Senior Member

It means a burrito up your SoCal ass.

2. zen_arcade

zen_arcade Banned

shit. I am not SoCal.

3. Cherea

Cherea Senior Member

I knew that would be the ultimate insult. ;)

When are women going to acquire some taste in men (and quit with this Heath Ledger gibberish)?:

[​IMG]

4. zen_arcade

zen_arcade Banned

is that Coltrane?

5. Cherea

Cherea Senior Member

Yes. And more importantly, not one of these faggots women like.

6. zen_arcade

zen_arcade Banned

what about Alice?

7. Cherea

Cherea Senior Member

I is checkmated. :cheers2:

8. TheLizardKingMike

TheLizardKingMike Members

Freedom is free. You can live on the street, eat out of dumpsters and go BM in the woods and it won't cost you a penny. Personally, I'd rather pay for the modern conveniences of life. You are free to do anything you want, if the police catch up with you, you are free to go to jail. In jail, you get free meals, free showers, free friends and a free bed. If Mark Knopfler was around I'm sure you'd hear him say, "Money for nothing."

What I don't understand is if you don't like America, why don't you get the fuck out? It's not like it's better anywhere else, sure we might not be as free as we say we are, but the fact of the matter is that we have FAR more freedom than most of the world. I'm sick and tired of people bitching about living in America.

BE FREE.

9. Cherea

Cherea Senior Member

Let's hear about how you came up with this brilliant ratio analysis.

10. redyelruc

redyelruc The Yard Man

I'm free.

11. TheLizardKingMike

Think about the laws in Thailand, for example. In Thailand you can be EXECUTED for dealing hard drugs, which is far more severe than thirty years, or even life in prison. Think about all the communist countries that arrest their citizens for speaking out against the government, places where people have close to no rights whatsoever. The fact is that it is a PRIVILEGE to live here, I wake up every morning delighted by the fact that I have the right to speak my mind. Now in the past, I used to think that America was a lie and that I should be ashamed that my country isn't what it should be.

Since then, I have I reached the age of reason, where I figured that I should be happy with all that I have and not complain about living here, or anywhere else for that matter. Just the fact that I am alive and am in control of a living body is enough for me, I'm not a greedy person. If you're looking for a place where you can truly be free and do anything you want, good luck. I'm not saying that America is perfect, it's far from that, but you'd be hard pressed to find any nation that has any more freedom-loving citizens. As I said before, if you don't like life in the states, be my guest to GTFO. I can't say that I'll live here my entire life, as I would probably love to spend my later years somewhere in Europe.

I'm not about to tell you that we aren't owned by conglomerates and that the rich make all the decisions; that would be foolish. I'm just saying that there comes a point where you have to stop bitching and move out, shit or get off the pot.

That's all for now.

My total love,

Mike.

12. Cherea

Cherea Senior Member

Congratulations! You have named one country. Once you get up there into the high one hundreds, I'll bow out.

13. TheLizardKingMike

That would not be time efficient for me, I have a life. Besides, I think this should be based per capita. Why don't you tell me why you hate America, and I can go from there, I'm sure I've heard it all before. If anything, America is the land of bellyachers who don't realize that they have it both ways, we are spoiled rotten. We are so much younger than most of the nations of the world, yet we still insist that we deserve much more than we already have.

So, why do YOU hate America?

14. Cherea

Cherea Senior Member

I don't. :confused: Why do you hate the rest of the world?

15. TheLizardKingMike

I'm sorry for assuming that you hate America like alot of people around here do, I was wrong. I DO NOT hate any part of this planet, we all have our purpose here. All I am saying is that I love living here and that I will defend this land with my abundance of words.

If I led you to believe otherwise, I was mistaken.

Good day to you.

16. Cherea

Cherea Senior Member

Same to you.

17. Face Eater

Face Eater Banned

This is one instance where I am inclined to agree with Jesus, however I think I could name at least 20 more western countries that enjoy more freedom than the United States.

18. Unknown American

Unknown American Rogue Capitalist

Freedom is responsibility. Want more freedom take on more responsibility.

But the individual alone is responsible for his own freedom.

19. TheLizardKingMike

Amen, brother!!! :D

20. Cherea

Cherea Senior Member

And I can think of 20 more in the Third World (democracies, no death penalty, etc.). Unless what we mean by "freedom" is riches, which I suspect it's all that it comes down to anyway.