Freebase vs. HCl Insuffilation

Discussion in 'Synthetic Drugs' started by otb01, May 19, 2007.

1. otb01

otb01 Member

Will insuffilation of a freebase substance have the same effect of insuffilatting its HCl salt?

Thanks

2. nesta

nesta Banned

depends on the substance in question entirely, i'm sure.

for instance you can insufflate DPT salts and receive a profound psychedelic experience, or you can smoke the freebase, but DPT freebase is an oil, and would not be suited to insufflation.

3. otb01

otb01 Member

Ok, would for example, the insuffilation of 5-MeO-DMT produce the same effects of the insuffilation of 5-MeO-DMT freebase?

4. branflakes

branflakes Member

No! Do NOT insufflate a freebase solution - it will not be absorbed by the mucous membranes in your nasal passages! All you will get is a nasal drip which will go into your stomach and not be absorbed there either.

5. nofx1422

nofx1422 Member

Why would it not be absorbed in your stomach? Not that it matters with 5-meo-dmt because it not orally active, but if you insuffulated say, aMT freebase it would be active if it dripped into your gut.

The freebase is more potent than the HCl too, so keep that in mind. Smoking 5-meo-dmt is the way to go IMO

6. otb01

otb01 Member

Eh. Then in that case, I will prob smoke it or convert it the HCl salt.

7. branflakes

branflakes Member

A freebase solution is not soluble in water.

Drinking a freebase solution and thinking its going to be absorbed by your stomach is like putting rocks into gatorade, attempting to mix it, and drinking it out of a straw thinking that the rocks will be in the gatorade you're drinking.

8. nofx1422

nofx1422 Member

Yeah but its going to be converted to HCl as soon as it enters your stomach...and if its a freebase solution what is the chemical dissolved in? I wouldnt be drinking naptha or xylene :)

9. framesh1ft

framesh1ft Member

There is a good reason why oral drugs are generally salts and not freebases. I'd be concerned about the trip just going to the stomach. If you mixed it in with a little carrier oil it ought to work okay, but with a slower onset. But that might not be true for all drugs. u could also try dissolving it in high proof alcohol, or my favorite use cyclodextrin powder, thus making a buccal or sublingual delivery system. Could dissolve it in DMSO to make a transdermal, but it will likely be a less potent delivery method, and may irritate the skin, etc.

10. branflakes

branflakes Member

Freebase substances are meant to be smoked.

11. fryingsquirrel

fryingsquirrel Member

Freebases in general also burn like hell when snorted, well worth the little effort it takes to convert to the salt.