Freaks and Geeks

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by rhasta.penguin, May 17, 2007.

1. rhasta.penguin

rhasta.penguin No more hippy...ugh

i've never been so drawn into a TV show before.

i bought the series on DVD few days ago, and have watched the first 9 episodes. Its compelling...

Does sam ever get cindy?
    Do lindsey and nick get back together?

and its not only that, its just that i can relate to this show to well. its freaky...i was JUST like sam when i was in the 6th grade. picked on alot, had a crush on a specific girl but only ever became friends, was really young looking and weak. i dont think i even had pit hair back then :eek:...only thing is that i was a little fatter back then. i was a chubby kid :D

and the music is badass. I love the music and the refrences, and how they hold the theme of the show so well.

i got work tomorrow, but i have to keep going. :eek: arrgh :D

2. icedteapriestess

icedteapriestess linguistic freak

you really want to know?

To bad, apparently I can't tell you...

3. Lucifer Sam

Lucifer Sam Vegetable Man

Haha, I used to like that show. :D It's been forever since I've seen it, though. It didn't last long, though, did it? It was good, from what I remember, and different from a lot of shows... which is why it would be cancelled, I suppose. :rolleyes:

4. Carlfloydfan

Carlfloydfan Travel lover

hey, word to the wise ITP, add SPOILER alerts before giving away plot twists and things about the story people may not have seen.

***Spoiler alert***

Yes to your first question

***End Spoiler alert****

^
    obviously with more space, to make whats between the tags more discrete.

Just a pet peeve. I know its happened to me, don't want it to happen to others. I've read something, without the alert, which was a part of the plot I did not want to know. But saw it cause there was nothing to warn me. Its common practice to add the tags.

5. icedteapriestess

icedteapriestess linguistic freak

dude... he asked the question. Why ask it if you don't want to know?? The first post in the thread is asking questions about the plot of a show... ergo, if you don't want to know the answers to the questions asked, don't read the thread. Look away, read different thread... whatever. Just seems common sense to me...

but to make you happy... I will take my original post away.

6. Lucifer Sam

Lucifer Sam Vegetable Man

Well the penguin probably didn't really want to know, anyway, seeing as he can just watch the DVD's that he has. :D I believe he was just stating the questions that are on his mind that he is eager to find the answers to... by watching the show. :tongue:

7. Carlfloydfan

no, the thread said "freaks and geeks", which points towards a general discussion of the show. He asked a question about the plot, sure, which alerted me to avoid any spoilers further on..which never came...

just common courteousy, no need to go off on a tangent there. I won't avoid the thread, I still want to talk and read about the show but simply want to be alerted when a plot twist may be spoken about. just asking for some courteousy, as it is a common practice.

8. Carlfloydfan

well come on, a little over board, I just asked for spoiler alerts. a lot of people would have done the same.

before I knew of them, I did it too and many told me to add them...simple as that, made sense to me. its just a nice thing to do, than you can write anything with in them. but if not, feel free, but expect people to be annoyed in the future. agree with LS sam too.

but its just an FYI, friendly advice, cause some people get piiissssssssed.

9. rhasta.penguin

this is true. i was stating my questions in a fashion such as at the end of an exciting episode, where the narrorator askes those questions, and then says "tune in next week, for..."...however freeks and geeks doesnt have a narrorator

and i didnt read the spoiler, so i will still surprised to see what happens, although it looks like nick and linsdey look like they may get back together. and kent finally made out with a girl. good for him going for the tuba girl :D

awww....

...i need to get some :confused:

10. fuzz_acid_flowers

fuzz_acid_flowers Aqueou§ Transmi§§ion

it was such an awesome show.id sometimes refer watching it over that 70s show.maybe cuz it was a lot more realistic and believable.i never bought the collection but i ahve rented it twice.never gets old.

11. mbworkrelated

mbworkrelated Banned

12. mushie18

mushie18 Intergalactic

I've never seen it.

13. Radiation

Radiation Ruling the Nation

An amazing show. Hilarious yet heartwarming at the same time (did I just use the word heartwarming?...whatever...). I have the DVD set and watch all of the episodes again every year or so. If you like Freaks and Geeks, check out Undeclared. It's about college students, but only a half hour long and more of a sitcom-type show. Still great, though. It also only lasted for one season, lol.

14. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

I have never even heard of it.

But I could watch Ren and Stimpy until I drop.

15. spooner

spooner is done.

Yeah, I have the DVDs. Somebody left them at my house.

16. rhasta.penguin

man the series ended so well. im happy that it didnt go any further, it ended on such a happy episode. now i need to get a copy of american beauty on vinyl :D